• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any news on Dansby
I sure hope we sign this guy.

Nelson also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It would be nice for sure!
Reply/Quote
Dansby's visit was "announced", so he is gone. Seattle is also interested though.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Last I saw was from a Hobson article saying he was visiting this week according to reports and it mentioned taking a physical on Friday (today). He might still be here....
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I really hope we sign Reggie but if they are running out of FA money, Dansby is the better signing.

This guy could have a huge impact on our run defense and pass coverage.  He is the older , mature version of tez.

Other than Tez, we do not have a LB at his level.

Helps open up the draft for WR, CB and DT or C.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 03:11 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I really hope we sign Reggie but if they are running out of FA money, Dansby is the better signing.

This guy could have a huge impact on our run defense and pass coverage.  He is the older , mature version of tez.

Other than Tez, we do not have a LB at his level.

Helps open up the draft for WR, CB and DT or C.

Yes, I'm disappointed he left without a contract.  We are going to be weak at LB for 3 games.
Reply/Quote
Where did it say that Dansby left? I read that he was supposed to be taking a physical today with the team.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
FA has really slowed to a crawl after the initial flurry. I can only wonder why, as there are still plenty of solid players available.

As for Dansby specifically, I've been on Schefter's twitter, PFT, and NFLRumors.co etc, and I haven't seen any news at all on Dansby or LaFell.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 04:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: FA has really slowed to a crawl after the initial flurry. I can only wonder why, as there are still plenty of solid players available.

As for Dansby specifically, I've been on Schefter's twitter, PFT, and NFLRumors.co etc, and I haven't seen any news at all on Dansby or LaFell.

Teams are probably looking at how much money was given to certain players and realized that they now need to drive down prices of the remaining guys. Seriously, Sanu's deal is such a head scratcher.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 03:02 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Last I saw was from a Hobson article saying he was visiting this week according to reports and it mentioned taking a physical on Friday (today). He might still be here....

Just what i read and he could be here all weekend and sign Monday which is what i predict.

(03-25-2016, 04:09 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Where did it say that Dansby left? I read that he was supposed to be taking a physical today with the team.

It didn't say anything of the sort, don't know where people read that. Friday physical, meeting with the coaches after is what i read.

Sounds like we are going to sign him myself. I am taking this as good news until i hear anything different.
Reply/Quote
With a veteran player I wonder if a contract gets agreed on first and then a physical. If the physical is good to go then the contract gets signed. Or if they do the medical first then talk contract. Why even do the physical if the money isn't right?
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 04:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: With a veteran player I wonder if a contract gets agreed on first and then a physical. If the physical is good to go then the contract gets signed. Or if they do the medical first then talk contract. Why even do the physical if the money isn't right?

The deal is agreed to, the player the takes a physical, and if the player passes the physical he'll sign the deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 05:08 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The deal is agreed to, the player the takes a physical, and if the player passes the physical he'll sign the deal.

That is how I always understood the process to work.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I am guessing the physical is more to do with being 35 and due diligence before even talking contract.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
I want this done

Reply/Quote
Not gonna happen... Mike Brown just kicking tires as usual. Sucks because Dansby would be a better fit than AJ Hawk.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Thought because the visit was announced it was over. Hadn't read Hobs update. Maybe it wasn't the Bengals who announced it. I can't remember who broke the news. Doesn't mean he's staying the weekend. How far did LaFell get? I'm sure they gave him a physical etc... I did hear Seattle was interested too. That much I do remember reading.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2016, 10:03 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Oh look its you, the douche bag guy. Don't you have a bed wetters anonymous meeting tonight?

Anonymous!?  I wet the bed and I'm proud of it!
Reply/Quote
I mean they've always been tight lipped about free agent information but it's been days since they visited. So my guess is they left without any offers.
Reply/Quote
I mean they've always been tight lipped about free agent information but it's been days since they visited. So my guess is they left without any offers.
Reply/Quote