Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I will watch the draft, and will be eating..
(04-27-2022, 10:50 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: Don't make him feel worst!! Ninja

I agree maybe just make him feel worse.  Making him feel like the worst is a little extreme.   Tongue
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
For the draft I'm going to make Pozole in my slow cooker. I cook it on low for 8 hours. It will be dinner before the draft. During the first round tomorrow that doesn't start until 8:00 PM I plan to get a bit drunk and maybe make a lot of stupid posts here because I don't have to work for the rest of the week. I may snack on cheese and crackers and if I'm smart will drink a bottle of Pedialyte before bed.

I'll wake up Friday morning likely feeling like shit, make my go to hangover breakfast of sunny side up eggs on corned beef hash, drink another bottle of Pedialyte and take 140mg of milk thistle. Maybe doesn't work for everyone but it seems to work okay for me. After that who knows? I'll play it by ear.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What smoker do you use?  

(04-27-2022, 03:18 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: What butt do you use?  Do you prefer them round marbled with some fat or do you prefer them leaner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer marbling but don't get too caught up in it. We have a Butcher shop (Boones) in a town about 30 miles away; picked up a 7 lbs yesterday and will be putting on the smoker early in the AM. As I said to PD: "I'm low maintenance". There's folks in this thread that know much more than I:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Just-got-my-first-smoker
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Back when I lived in Ohio, I would always get Skyline for draft day.
I guess I could always buy a can of Skyline from the grocery store down here and make my own coneys, but they just don't taste quite the same as from the restaurant.
I think it's the cheese Skyline uses.

During the Bengals playoff and SB run I made the Skyline dip out of the cans of chili, with cream cheese, onion, and cheddar cheese. 

Quick, easy, and good with some Frito's 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I prefer marbling but don't get too caught up in it. We have a Butcher shop (Boones) in a town about 30 miles away; picked up a 7 lbs yesterday and will be putting on the smoker early in the AM. As I said to PD: "I'm low maintenance". There's folks in this thread that know much more than I:

So you like big butts and you cannot lie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I prefer marbling but don't get too caught up in it. We have a Butcher shop (Boones) in a town about 30 miles away; picked up a 7 lbs yesterday and will be putting on the smoker early in the AM. As I said to PD: "I'm low maintenance". There's folks in this thread that know much more than I:

I gotta be honest Bfine, when you said you were gonna  be smoking Butts all day, I assumed that was slang for get higher than a kite!!!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 10:28 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: You have us Big Grin

Awww you fellers are the best!!  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 01:10 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Homer, if the best chicken in your parents' neighborhood comes from a gas station, they probably need to move.

Although, there is the rare gas station that hits it out of the park.  If you're ever on Indiana 46 east of Bloomington, do not miss the Gnaw Bone tenderloin at the Marathon station in Gnaw Bone.  If you're lucky you might even see Mellencamp picking up take-out.

Gnaw Bone?? Is that by Hooterville and Mayberry?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:04 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: I would like to ANNOUNCE that I am definitely watching the draft, but I'm more curious as to what everyone will be enjoying while they watch the first round Thursday night?

I honestly don't know what I will be eating, so I'm posting this to steal ideas. I usually will get pizza and wings or Skyline. I'm undecided. I know nothing will ever match what the wife and I cooked up for the Super Bowl lol. Yikes that still hurts, sorry....

Whatchu eating/drinking????

Making my own wings Simply Ming style with Franks Hot Sauce Original with lots of butter sautéed on the stove.

Drinking brewskies while I cook and a little red wine as well. Great tasties to go along with a great meal. Num nums.  Mellow 

CheersSmirkClapping 
Reply/Quote