Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bfine's watchlist
There are 3 elite speedsters in this draft and Peppers is one of them. The other two are Marlon Humphrey and Adoree Jackson.

My guess is that Jackson is the only one who might be available when the Bengals pick. Alas he is a cornerback, but he could also sub at WR, and return kicks. His talent is compared to that of a young Adam Jones.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 01:05 PM)Elijahmoore5 Wrote: Cam Robinson is also a prospect to keep an eye on.

Plus, his dad is former Bengal Steve Foley.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2016, 09:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cannot argue with that, but I was looking at those that would be available in the mid 20s

It may be time we start considering players available in the mid teens.

WTS, if this team has a chance to get Derek Barnett, I think they have to pounce. He's a great fit at RDE.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 07:50 AM)TGISunday Wrote: Im glad someone agrees with me on this. Peppers might be a Polamalu in the right scheme, however, I'm willing to admit.

And while bias might be a question with me, you certainly can't blame Wolf for bias toward tOSU.

Yeah I'm not an OSU fan by any means. So I'm probably one of the more harsher people on these boards when it comes to their players coming out of college. Doesn't mean I'm always right, of course.

Peppers is a very gifted athlete. But I think his raw ability is something that may cause him to fall a bit. Some teams may want a safety to come in and play day 1. Bengals could get a safety/LB hybrid in him. They have taken chances on boom or bust players before, but this might be the riskiest in the draft this upcoming season.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It may be time we start considering players available in the mid teens.

WTS, if this team has a chance to get Derek Barnett, I think they have to pounce. He's a great fit at RDE.

Just had a 3 sack game against S. Carolina.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Anyone believe Malik hooker could be there by our pick a good roaming safety that can play sideline to sideline and can really tackle
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 11:35 PM)Elijahmoore5 Wrote: Anyone believe Malik hooker could be there by our pick a good roaming safety that can play sideline to sideline and can really tackle

Believe either him or Peppers will be gone by the Bengals pick, but don't think they both will be.

Hooker would be an improvement for sure. But doubt the Bengals would move on from Williams or Iloka after the contracts they gave them. I wish they would have waited for Williams. I thought it was a bad move then and still do.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 01:19 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Believe either him or Peppers will be gone by the Bengals pick, but don't think they both will be.

Hooker would be an improvement for sure. But doubt the Bengals would move on from Williams or Iloka after the contracts they gave them. I wish they would have waited for Williams. I thought it was a bad move then and still do.

I think peppers will be gone before hooker would be I would love to see hooker in a bengals uniform would give us the ballhawking presence we need in our secondary also Williams to me is more of a box safety and Iloka is as well I do feel like Williams contract was a little premature based on his limited roles in past years
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 02:09 AM)Elijahmoore5 Wrote: I think peppers will be gone before hooker would be I would love to see hooker in a bengals uniform would give us the ballhawking presence we need in our secondary also Williams to me is more of a box safety and Iloka is as well I do feel like Williams contract was a little premature based on his limited roles in past years

It's possible. It all comes down to what a team wants and views Peppers. He's an extremely gifted athlete with a ton of potential, but is still kinda raw in aspects.

Hooker is certainly more NFL ready and has proven he can make turnovers.

The main difference is Peppers has a higher ceiling but lower floor. He's a big boom or bust player.

Agreed, signing Williams to that contract was very premature.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 06:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's possible. It all comes down to what a team wants and views Peppers. He's an extremely gifted athlete with a ton of potential, but is still kinda raw in aspects.

Hooker is certainly more NFL ready and has proven he can make turnovers.

The main difference is Peppers has a higher ceiling but lower floor. He's a big boom or bust player.

Agreed, signing Williams to that contract was very premature.

People should be putting LSU safety Jamal Adams in the discussion for top safety too. Very well-rounded safety.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
If we continue the slide give me Barnett.   If we improve give me Cunningham.   Fast, tough, smart and disciplined.

I'd love the Vita Vea guy in the 2nd if he is there.  We need to upgrade our defensive line.  Billings apparently wasn't looking all that great before he got hurt and he's going to be coming off a torn ACL.   Peko is old and Sims is injury prone.

Our front defensive 7 is the primary area of concern right now.  I have to believe that Og will improve after a year and an off season.   Iloka looked too good last year to be this bad, and I think if he and Williams get on the same page they should improve.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 04:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: People should be putting LSU safety Jamal Adams in the discussion for top safety too. Very well-rounded safety.

He's been mostly solid this year, the year before he made some big plays for his team and was a presence. This year he's moreso just been a solid player. Hasn't given up plays but haven't made any either. He has a lot to like and could continue to improve. I think it depends on where we are in the draft if we should take him IMO.

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 04:08 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He's been mostly solid this year, the year before he made some big plays for his team and was a presence. This year he's moreso just been a solid player. Hasn't given up plays but haven't made any either. He has a lot to like and could continue to improve. I think it depends on where we are in the draft if we should take him IMO.

LSU got a new DC in the off-season and Adams isn't asked to do as much this year. He played a big role in controlling Evan Engram.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2016, 12:27 PM)blt4584 Wrote: LSU got a new DC in the off-season and Adams isn't asked to do as much this year. He played a big role in controlling Evan Engram.

That is true. But some coaches may see it as regression. I have him as my #3 safety, behind Peppers and Hooker.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2016, 09:55 PM)3wt Wrote: If we improve give me Cunningham.   Fast, tough, smart and disciplined.

Cunningham is solidifying himself as one of my favorites. Check out this block

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17977127

Another one that is growing on me, because of his story is Takkarist McKinley (DE/ UCLA)

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cunningham is solidifying himself as one of my favorites. Check out this block

Another one that is growing on me, because of his story is Takkarist McKinley (DE/ UCLA)

Saw that play on the highlights.  Wow!  Really athletic.   And he seems like a really smart and instinctive player.   He's going to be an impact defensive player.  I hope we get a shot at him... and take it.

FYI thanks for the thread.   I enjoy it when you initiate these.
Reply/Quote
Hooker and Foster have looked great all season. I hope we land Foster in the draft.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2016, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cunningham is solidifying himself as one of my favorites. Check out this block

My man Takk got him another sack today. Despite barely playing the first game of the season, missing the second game, and playing all season with an injured groin; Takk is 3rd in the Nation in sacks and leads the Nation in Tackles for loss. He also has 3 FF and 5 PD. If you watch UCLA play; he's all over the field. Takk is quickly becoming one of my favs. 

Reply/Quote
is there any quarterbacks your looking at? so far I have just started paying attention to the draft and 2 guys that stand out to me so far are Luke Falk and Pat Mahomes
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 12:29 AM)seahawkscheat Wrote: is there any quarterbacks your looking at? so far I have just started paying attention to the draft and 2 guys that stand out to me so far are Luke Falk and Pat Mahomes

If you are looking for a good QB take the one that I don't like. I am terrible at judging QBs. Others here perhaps can give you some names. 

Reply/Quote