Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
coach of the week Zac?
(12-30-2019, 02:07 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: This is the Jungle noise section not the nfl section.

What? The title of your thread is referring to an NFL award. If you want to have a different conversation then title your thread appropriately.

The idea that Zach Taylor is deserving of the coach of the week award is just plain stupid. Period.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:15 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: All three teams beat teams without their starters or were playing lesser teams. While the Bengals played the Battle of Ohio and beat a team who had six times the wins the Bengals had. Who Dey!!!

Um... Tom Brady played for the Patriots this week when the Dolphins beat them.

Or are you calling the Patriots a lesser team to the Dolphins?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:23 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What? The title of your thread is referring to an NFL award. If you want to have a different conversation then title your thread appropriately.

The idea that Zach Taylor is deserving of the coach of the week award is just plain stupid. Period.

I am sure you are one of the haters who refuse to have any optimism about Zac and that is stupid.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:30 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Um... Tom Brady played for the Patriots this week when the Dolphins beat them.

Or are you calling the Patriots a lesser team to the Dolphins?

The way they finished the season yes.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:34 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The way they finished the season yes.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:15 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: All three teams beat teams without their starters or were playing lesser teams.

Do you just make stuff up as you go, or do you just blantly lie?  Which one is it? It has to be one or the other. (PLEASE ANSWER)
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:34 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The way they finished the season yes.

Cheers to the 2-14 Bengals and jeers to the 12-4 Patriots. Hot take.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 02:33 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I am sure you are one of the haters who refuse to have any optimism about Zac and that is stupid.

What on Earth does this have to do with my post and this discussion?

My personal thoughts on Taylor have nothing to do with the idea that your thread title is ridiculous. Rather than just admit that you were wrong in ignoring greater wins you've chosen to reply with bs deflections and misdirections like this one. Your "Coach of the Week" take is garbage. None of this changes that fact.

And you're sure, huh? Well guess what? You're wrong yet again. I've been one of the few who have called for his return and supported him. I wrote this on here just last week...

(12-17-2019, 08:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, I am not one of those who want Taylor gone after the season. I do like the way he handles himself, handles his team (chemistry building and approach), and he seems like a all-in-all pretty good dude.

People need to consider the envriorment he walked into, and what he was given to work with. He was given no help in free agency, and I'm not so sure he's completely to blame for the staff hired. (Could be budget influenced, could be it that it shouldn't be his call anyway).

I do think he's over his head in total responsibility, as this job probably carries more duties than most. And I definitely do not want him calling plays in the future.

Surround with him two legitimate, experienced coordinators...Have him relinquish play calling duties... Look at possible position coaching upgrades... Give him a few quality free agents... And let him build his culture. Unless next year is the same then giving a couple years and sse what he can do.

He's made into too easy of a scapegoat. And people forget many of his public comments are just parroting of the FO. He may certainly share blame here for this season but it would be foolish to scrap it and start over after just one year.

PS Everyone needs to quit blaming him for Drew Sample. 30 something offensive minded coaches don't covet blocking tight ends early in the draft, after inheriting a losing roster filled with holes. I refuse to believe he was the one campaigning for that pick. That has Mike Brown and his 1970's approach written all over it!
Reply/Quote
For the first time all year Zac won coach of the game.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So in your mind we are letting a QB who can take us deep into the playoffs leave?  Wouldnt you rather take Chase Young and make a push that way with AJ and Jonah healthy?

Nope, while I think with the right team Andy can go deep into the playoffs, I think Burrow can do more 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You want to give the Coach of the Week award to a guy who beat a 6-10 team at home, in a meaningless game with zero playoff implications?

I mean, let's look at this logically.  Yes, it was a nice way to close out the year. But just look at these couple other wins...

-The Niners just beat the Seahawks IN SEATTLE to not only win the West but to secure the #1 seed in the playoffs.

-The Titans beat a 10-5 Texans team IN HOUSTON 35-14 in a must win game to put them in the playoffs.

Do you honestly believe Taylor is more deserving than these coaches?  I understand wanting to give some props, appreciating ending on a high note, looking on the bright-side...I get that. But I don't get creating ridiculous talking points.

I honestly wonder is some post without thinking at all or if they're just oblivious to the rest of the league. What a laughable talking point it is for him to be considered for coach of the week.

Be better.

The Dolphins beat the Pat's in NE to knock them out of the #2 seed.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:27 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You want to give the Coach of the Week award to a guy who beat a 6-10 team at home, in a meaningless game with zero playoff implications?

I mean, let's look at this logically.  Yes, it was a nice way to close out the year. But just look at these couple other wins...

-The Niners just beat the Seahawks IN SEATTLE to not only win the West but to secure the #1 seed in the playoffs.

-The Titans beat a 10-5 Texans team IN HOUSTON 35-14 in a must win game to put them in the playoffs.

Do you honestly believe Taylor is more deserving than these coaches?  I understand wanting to give some props, appreciating ending on a high note, looking on the bright-side...I get that. But I don't get creating ridiculous talking points.

I honestly wonder is some post without thinking at all or if they're just oblivious to the rest of the league. What a laughable talking point it is for him to be considered for coach of the week.

Be better.

Yep. It's so interesting how such a dismal season has lowered what some consider to be progress. This season was anything but progress. Bad schemes made by coaches who "know better than everyone else". This group of coaches fits right in with the Mike Brown, who is suffering from the same exact mental problem.

This team lost to two winless teams, got beat like drum in most games, then loses to a team that traded its best players away for a big draft next season.

There's so much to dislike about how the Bengals played this year, about how they were coached (or not coached depending on what you consider coaching to be) and about how embarrassing they looked most of the time.

If Fred Kitchens deserved to fired after going 6-10 in his first season, then this Taylor fellow deserves to be packed up and shipped out of town on a rocket.

AJ Green being down hurt, but he and Dalton missed a lot of last season. Could you imagine how this team would had finished the season with Finley in there the last 6 games of the season? We'd likely not have had even 1 win.

Does anyone honestly believe this team would have gone 2-14 under Marvin this season? I don't think so.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:54 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Zac definitely wins coach of the week in the state of Ohio hands down.

Hahaha take that Browns and Buckeyes

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 05:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nope, while I think with the right team Andy can go deep into the playoffs, I think Burrow can do more 

You said you predicted we would make it to the AFC championship game this year, which would indicate you think Dalton can take THIS team to the AFC championship game if we hadn't lost AJ and some other pieces.  I'm saying by that prediction you seem to have more faith in Dalton than you are letting on now, unless you've changed your mind or something.

EDIT - Wait, I read it again and you are saying you think Dalton could get us to the AFC championship game but you aren't worried about letting him walk because Burrow can do more. I guess I can't argue with any of your opinions or predictions about 2020, yet so fair enough.
Reply/Quote
Coach of the week is a stretch.

I get at what the OP is trying to convey though. He is impressed with the fact that the team played well in a meaningless game. I was too. It was the most effort from a last place team I've ever seen.

We are in a weird transition mode, you can see it in the locker room after the game. The youngins are eating up Zac culture... the vets... not so much.

Rebuilds take time, people need to relax on both ends of the spectrum. We aren't going to the Superbowl next year, but I also bet we see some improvement (not hard to do) in the right areas.

I'm hopeful, call me naive! Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 07:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yep. It's so interesting how such a dismal season has lowered what some consider to be progress. This season was anything but progress. Bad schemes made by coaches who "know better than everyone else". This group of coaches fits right in with the Mike Brown, who is suffering from the same exact mental problem.

This team lost to two winless teams, got beat like drum in most games, then loses to a team that traded its best players away for a big draft next season.

There's so much to dislike about how the Bengals played this year, about how they were coached (or not coached depending on what you consider coaching to be) and about how embarrassing they looked most of the time.

If Fred Kitchens deserved to fired after going 6-10 in his first season, then this Taylor fellow deserves to be packed up and shipped out of town on a rocket.

AJ Green being down hurt, but he and Dalton missed a lot of last season. Could you imagine how this team would had finished the season with Finley in there the last 6 games of the season? We'd likely not have had even 1 win.

Does anyone honestly believe this team would have gone 2-14 under Marvin this season? I don't think so.

Now now.  Don't say things like that 'round here.  That only makes you a Marvin lover.

I guess the team has to hit rock bottom zero wins to want a better coach.

I really suspect that people who praise Zac are those who realize it won't matter to complain because The Family is gonna do what they wanna do.

Do any of you have a notion that some players are playing hard because they hate Mayfield, want to be a starting QB somewhere and feel disrespected, or trying to look good for contracts?

Nope.  The "fight" is all Zac's great coaching skills.  It couldn't be other motives in play.

BTW the Browns are a terrible mess of egos and poor coaching. 

That is why they're 6-10 and losing to our 1-14 team with players that already had good character and know how to win.

There's no diva delusions there.  Just guys ballin' out and proving themselves.

2 wins and Zac is coach of the week?  LMFAO
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was glad that we finally caught on to what the rest of the league has, namely that Baker Mayfield borders on Jameis Winston (Human Turnover Machine) territory. We've been pretty much the only team in the league where Mayfield looked good his whole career.

On the bad side our season long issue with broken coverages allowing dopey big plays persisted - over half of Clevelands pass yardage came on three blown coverages. This has to stop next season.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 07:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yep. It's so interesting how such a dismal season has lowered what some consider to be progress. This season was anything but progress. Bad schemes made by coaches who "know better than everyone else". This group of coaches fits right in with the Mike Brown, who is suffering from the same exact mental problem.

Yes, Marvin could have pulled out 5, 6, maybe even 7 wins. Where does that get us? We needed change regardless of the outcome.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 08:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Now now.  Don't say things like that 'round here.  That only makes you a Marvin lover.

I guess the team has to hit rock bottom zero wins to want a better coach.

I really suspect that people who praise Zac are those who realize it won't matter to complain because The Family is gonna do what they wanna do.

Do any of you have a notion that some players are playing hard because they hate Mayfield, want to be a starting QB somewhere and feel disrespected, or trying to look good for contracts?

Nope.  The "fight" is all Zac's great coaching skills.  It couldn't be other motives in play.

BTW the Browns are a terrible mess of egos and poor coaching. 

That is why they're 6-10 and losing to our 1-14 team with players that already had good character and know how to win.

There's no diva delusions there.  Just guys ballin' out and proving themselves.

2 wins and Zac is coach of the week?  LMFAO

To your point about hating Baker Mayfield... Back when the 49ers played the Browns Nick Bosa went after Mayfield hard. He celebrated one sack by mocking Baker's planting the OU flag at Ohio Stadium a coupla years ago.

Anyway... I saw Bart Scott breaking that play down, and he pointed out that Bosa went in at Baker from behind with his arms extended out side to try and wrap Mayfield's arms and bounce his head off the turf when he took him down.

So that is a real thing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 09:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yes, Marvin could have pulled out 5, 6, maybe even 7 wins. Where does that get us? We needed change regardless of the outcome.

In all fairness, none of the teams in the playoffs right now had to go dead last to get their QBs.  Meanwhile high picks like Trubisky, Winston, Mariotta, Stafford, Darnold, Mayfield, are sitting out.

Teams that have hit the bottom spot haven't been lucking into the best QBs lately.  And Goff and Wentz were taken by teams that traded up to get them rather that teams that won 1 or 2 games. 
Reply/Quote