Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
coach of the week Zac?
(12-30-2019, 11:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, none of the teams in the playoffs right now had to go dead last to get their QBs.  Meanwhile high picks like Trubisky, Winston, Mariotta, Stafford, Darnold, Mayfield, are sitting out.

Teams that have hit the bottom spot haven't been lucking into the best QBs lately. 

If we’re going back far enough to mention Stafford, then I’ll counter with Cam (MVP & a SB run), and Luck (made playoffs 4x).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we’re going back far enough to mention Stafford, then I’ll counter with Cam (MVP & a SB run), and Luck (made playoffs 4x).

Probably some truth to both of your points.

It does generally seem that there havent been as many obvious alpha QBs going 1 lately.

It would be fun to debate why? Maybe college offenses dont translate to the NFL. Maybe it's more about skillset than production.

I do think Burrow had great pocket presence, awareness, and decision making. That seems to lessen the bust risk.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we’re going back far enough to mention Stafford, then I’ll counter with Cam (MVP & a SB run), and Luck.

Well then let's mention Bradford.  I'm just saying that going 2-14 isn't necessary to successfully reboot or reload your roster. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well then let's mention Bradford.  I'm just saying that going 2-14 isn't necessary to successfully reboot or reload your roster. 

It’s not, but I also kind of doubt teams are going to keep finding gems like Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson, outside the top 10 on a regular basis.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well then let's mention Bradford.  I'm just saying that going 2-14 isn't necessary to successfully reboot or reload your roster. 

Drafting a QB is risky period. At 1 or at 10. Its the hardest position to draft and the bust rate is high.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not, but I also kind of doubt teams are going to keep finding gems like Mahomes, Watson, and Jackson, outside the top 10 on a regular basis.

It might be less about finding a gem and more about being an organization that doesn't wait until they are dead last to address issues, too.

What strikes me as odd about the thank God Marvin is gone and we didn't win 6 games argument is that we are thankful ZT was bad enough to get us the #1 pick but we are keeping him around.  Seems like he's already done his job and we should cut him loose.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 08:46 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Now now.  Don't say things like that 'round here.  That only makes you a Marvin lover.

I guess the team has to hit rock bottom zero wins to want a better coach.

I really suspect that people who praise Zac are those who realize it won't matter to complain because The Family is gonna do what they wanna do.

Do any of you have a notion that some players are playing hard because they hate Mayfield, want to be a starting QB somewhere and feel disrespected, or trying to look good for contracts?

Nope.  The "fight" is all Zac's great coaching skills.  It couldn't be other motives in play.

BTW the Browns are a terrible mess of egos and poor coaching. 

That is why they're 6-10 and losing to our 1-14 team with players that already had good character and know how to win.

There's no diva delusions there.  Just guys ballin' out and proving themselves.

2 wins and Zac is coach of the week?  LMFAO
If burrow ends up being the player he seems to be in the NFL next few years then Zac just may end up being our greatest coach of all time. Sometimes you win the most when you lose. Marv just may have won just enough games so we could still have a middle first round pick but if you look at it as there are 31 losers every year and the biggest loser gets the top player in college then the worse team may just be the winner. Luck and Manning are perfect examples. Why do most poor teams pick QBs most of the time?
Reply/Quote