Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cut guys you'd like added?
(09-02-2018, 06:26 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: thanks for the list, I actually hope we sign some of these guys to at least the practice squad, I don't like our practice squad too much. Guys I think we could sign to the active roster are:

1) Caleb Brantley (DT)- over Topou?
2) Dan Bailey (K) - duh!!!

PS upgrades:
1) Luke Falk-over Woodside
2) Jon Toth
3) Donnel Pumphrey/ Bo Scarbourough

We don’t have a practice squad yet so how can you not like it?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 04:02 AM)grampahol Wrote: What a name for an OT.. Dan Skipper.. How can you miss with the last name Skipper? Maybe they can make him into a 6'7" 350lb QB! 

Well, if we're picking based on names, how can you pass on Damien "Yo Mama" Mama?
I can hear the crowd chants now .... Yo Mama, Yo Mama, Yo Mama ....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
If a team signs someone after week 1, their salary is not guaranteed. So, I would target Cooper after week 1 since he has been since a miss everywhere he has gone if he is healthy.

I would target MJ to return as a back up DL, but at a greatly reduced salary.

PS
B. Hill
Woodley
J. Brown
DT Chris Okoye
LB Brandon Bell
DT Andrew Brown
LB Junior Joseph
OL Kent Perkins
WR Kermit Whitfield
LB Chris Worley
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 11:15 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Ok here are some guys that I would like to add somewhere in the organization:

1) Landry Jones- I like him as a backup over Driskel

2) Xavier Sua-Filo- I'd like him as a backup guard

3) Luke Falk- I prefer him over Woodside on the practice squad

Hell to the No on Landry Jones, he's terrible!!!!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
They need to grab Toth and plug him in at Right Guard.
Reply/Quote
...and some people talk like only scrubs get released. Once again, there's a pretty nice list of players to sift through.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 10:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...and some people talk like only scrubs get released. Once again, there's a pretty nice list of players to sift through.

At deeper positions yes, normally online it is either a scrap head, underachiever draft pick, or injury concern or contract, rarely is there a obvious starter with no red flags ie injury ,contract, underachiever available.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 10:23 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: At deeper positions yes, normally online it is either a scrap head, underachiever draft pick, or injury concern or contract, rarely is there a obvious starter with no red flags ie injury ,contract, underachiever available.

I like the qualifiers you tack on there. I mean, technically every player has some sort of red flag. "Obvious" starters? Maybe, maybe not. Guys who are worth looking at that might be able to upgrade a sorely weak position for you? There's plenty of that. 

Jonathan Cooper
Jon Toth
Nico Siragusa
Cyrus Kouandjio
TJ Clemmings

...and several others are available specifically on the o-line. Sure, you can knock them for having red flags, but these are pretty solid options if you have a weak spot to address. Then you have solid backup QB options like EJ Manuel and Landry Jones. You have the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history (Dan Bailey). You have a 2nd round kicker who showed improvement in preseason (Roberto Aguayo). You have some fairly decent WR options in Dez Bryant, Kendall Wright, Markus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant and Braxton Miller.

You have Joe Williams and Bo Scarbrough at RB. At DE you have Kony Ealy and Michael Johnson. At CB, the Pats released former 2nd rounder Cyrus Jones. If you want to be super choosy and say we should only look for All-Pros with no injury history on the cheap, I'm not sure why you'd expect that in preseason cuts. But if you're looking to upgrade a weak spot, you'll usually find some guys worth looking at.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 08:29 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Well, if we're picking based on names, how can you pass on Damien "Yo Mama" Mama?
I can hear the crowd chants now .... Yo Mama, Yo Mama, Yo Mama ....

Mayock had him in his top 5 Guards list just before the draft.
Reply/Quote
Quote:You have a 2nd round kicker who showed improvement in preseason (Roberto Aguayo)

seriously? in his only season in the NFL he made only 71% of his kicks (only 4/11 over 40 yards). Yeah, he made the kicks in preseaon this year but what in his record makes you think he would be a potential upgrade over what we already have in Bullock?

And why would anyone even look at Martavis Bryant with suspension looming?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Dan Bailey! NOW!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 10:59 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like the qualifiers you tack on there. I mean, technically every player has some sort of red flag. "Obvious" starters? Maybe, maybe not. Guys who are worth looking at that might be able to upgrade a sorely weak position for you? There's plenty of that. 

Jonathan Cooper
Jon Toth
Nico Siragusa
Cyrus Kouandjio
TJ Clemmings

...and several others are available specifically on the o-line. Sure, you can knock them for having red flags, but these are pretty solid options if you have a weak spot to address. Then you have solid backup QB options like EJ Manuel and Landry Jones. You have the 2nd most accurate kicker in NFL history (Dan Bailey). You have a 2nd round kicker who showed improvement in preseason (Roberto Aguayo). You have some fairly decent WR options in Dez Bryant, Kendall Wright, Markus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant and Braxton Miller.

You have Joe Williams and Bo Scarbrough at RB. At DE you have Kony Ealy and Michael Johnson. At CB, the Pats released former 2nd rounder Cyrus Jones. If you want to be super choosy and say we should only look for All-Pros with no injury history on the cheap, I'm not sure why you'd expect that in preseason cuts. But if you're looking to upgrade a weak spot, you'll usually find some guys worth looking at.

Just becayuse you recognize a players name does not mean he is any good.

Almost all of those players are either injured or busts.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 10:59 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I like the qualifiers you tack on there. I mean, technically every player has some sort of red flag. "Obvious" starters? Maybe, maybe not. Guys who are worth looking at that might be able to upgrade a sorely weak position for you? There's plenty of that. 

Jonathan Cooper
Jon Toth
Nico Siragusa
Cyrus Kouandjio
TJ Clemmings

Well my response was accurate typically you are going to not find the depth at online right now, the league is thin , not great depth in the last few drafts plus the change from college system to pros from expert accounts has really hurt development so yes there are fewer at that position to choose from and yes they tend to have bigger red flags, i guess we could take underachiever out as red flag as long as we dont attach their draft position to the discussion. 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 11:36 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Dan Bailey!  NOW!

I'd be all over Bailey too but I doubt we'd get there first.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 12:15 PM)McC Wrote: I'd be all over Bailey too but I doubt we'd get there first.

Way more needs than kicker, Bullock looks solid, would be a waste of $$  
Reply/Quote
I might look at Sean Harlow from Atlanta, would have to cut probably Redmond or Westerman to do it
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 06:26 AM)schroomytunes Wrote: 2) Jon Toth

Yeah if nothing else he would be a depth upgrade at Guard.

Edit: If you are going to sort through another team's garbage, might as well sort through the team with the best offensive line's. The Eagles have a talented enough roster to make it plausible that they might cut a decent player. And, ok, yeah part of it was name recognition.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 12:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Way more needs than kicker, Bullock looks solid, would be a waste of $$  

Sure, whatever.  Now I'll say up so you can say down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 12:36 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Yeah if nothing else he would be a depth upgrade at Guard.

Edit: If you are going to sort through another team's garbage, might as well sort through the team with the best offensive line's. The Eagles have a talented enough roster to make it plausible that they might cut a decent player. And, ok, yeah part of it was name recognition.

I agree with this, and think that I even posted something to similar effect.  Now, I haven't been following the Eagles training camp, or reading any of their articles, so I don't know if Toth didn't recover from last year's surgery that held him back, or if he simply wasn't good enough to displace any of their current interior OL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I thought Asiata and Toth were pretty good coming out of college. I know Sled would love Toth here.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote