Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cut guys you'd like added?
(09-02-2018, 11:26 AM)pally Wrote: seriously?  in his only season in the NFL he made only 71% of his kicks (only 4/11 over 40 yards).  Yeah, he made the kicks in preseaon this year but what in his record makes you think he would be a potential upgrade over what we already have in Bullock?

And why would anyone even look at Martavis Bryant with suspension looming?

Where did I say I want every player I listed? I'm trying to prove an overall point about decent players being cut in August.

(09-02-2018, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just becayuse you recognize a players name does not mean he is any good.

Almost all of those players are either injured or busts.

Typical condescending post from you. Disregarded.

(09-02-2018, 12:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well my response was accurate typically you are going to not find the depth at online right now, the league is thin , not great depth in the last few drafts plus the change from college system to pros from expert accounts has really hurt development so yes there are fewer at that position to choose from and yes they tend to have bigger red flags, i guess we could take underachiever out as red flag as long as we dont attach their draft position to the discussion. 

This is all subjective. I think the o-linemen I listed are worth looking at. I assume you think Hopkins and Ogbuehi are better. No way to prove who is right really. I think you're overstating the problem with linemen a bit. 

You could make an argument that blocking has been worse league-wide, but our team has been far worse than most in that department...so we should be actively searching to improve via any means. I'm pretty sure that Hopkins, Ogbuehi, Fisher and Hart would all be viewed as red flag guys if they were on the market rn. 

Hopkins would be viewed as irrelevant, Ogbuehi and Fisher as busts, and Hart as a very low-end spot starter. So why aren't we judging guys like Cooper, Toth and Siragusa against what we actually have (which isn't much)?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
the team claimed no one off of waivers. we don't know if they didn't even try or put unsuccessful claimes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: the team claimed no one off of waivers.  we don't know if they didn't even try or put unsuccessful claimes

Two things here:

First, it is also possible that there were waiver targets that they wanted, but not with the contract the player has.  So they might be waiting for said player to clear waivers and negotiate a deal they are willing to pay.

Second, only players with 3 or less years of service are subject to waivers.  Those with 3 years or more are free agents who are not allowed to sign before 4 PM today, so it is possible there are other players still targeted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:57 PM)pally Wrote: the team claimed no one off of waivers.  we don't know if they didn't even try or put unsuccessful claimes

The FO is working today. 

Reply/Quote
I would take back Marquis Flowers over Nickerson any day.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 01:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought Asiata and Toth were pretty good coming out of college.   I know Sled would love Toth here.

Yep, he would be a quality backup at Center who can play all line spots, and is probably a better guard than anyone we have on the team. He was the highest rated offensive player at his senior bowl, and then had back surgery. He was on the Eagles as a Center.... I think we would do well with him at guard and have him back up Price at Center. Could probably be had on the cheap.....
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 11:26 AM)pally Wrote: seriously?  in his only season in the NFL he made only 71% of his kicks (only 4/11 over 40 yards).  Yeah, he made the kicks in preseaon this year but what in his record makes you think he would be a potential upgrade over what we already have in Bullock?

I really do not see why all the hate for Randy. He had a perfect pre-season. How much better does he have to do?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 03:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really do not see why all the hate for Randy. He had a perfect pre-season. How much better does he have to do?

I wasn't saying I wanted Aguayo. I defend Bullock more than anyone on here. I just think if you have a need at kicker (we don't), you'd look at Aguayo.

I was trying to prove an overall point about decent players being cut in August.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Where did I say I want every player I listed? I'm trying to prove an overall point about decent players being cut in August.

Typical condescending post from you. Disregarded.

This is all subjective. I think the o-linemen I listed are worth looking at. I assume you think Hopkins and Ogbuehi are better. No way to prove who is right really. I think you're overstating the problem with linemen a bit. 

You could make an argument that blocking has been worse league-wide, but our team has been far worse than most in that department...so we should be actively searching to improve via any means. I'm pretty sure that Hopkins, Ogbuehi, Fisher and Hart would all be viewed as red flag guys if they were on the market rn. 

Hopkins would be viewed as irrelevant, Ogbuehi and Fisher as busts, and Hart as a very low-end spot starter. So why aren't we judging guys like Cooper and Siragusa against what we actually have (which isn't much)
No way Hopkins is going anywhere, not only is he the most experienced guard outside of Boling, he is the most versatile of the guards with playing backup center and both guard positions,  guard is the best chance at upgrade with the cuts  if they chose and we cut the limited  and it seems under motivated Westerman or Flag happy Redmond 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 03:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wasn't saying I wanted Aguayo. I defend Bullock more than anyone on here. I just think if you have a need at kicker (we don't), you'd look at Aguayo.

I was trying to prove an overall point about decent players being cut in August.

I've seen you release you inner Fred a few times defending Bullock.  :andy:

For the record I have no problem with Randy.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 12:42 PM)McC Wrote: Sure, whatever.  Now I'll say up so you can say down.

So you actually think kicker is a weak link over oline, safety , lb., plus taking extra $$ for Bailey.  Bullock had a strong year last year and a excellent camp I just dont see the need
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 04:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you actually think kicker is a weak link over oline, safety , lb., plus taking extra $$ for Bailey.  Bullock had a strong year last year and a excellent camp I just dont see the need

He's the second best kicker in history.  Is Randy?  If you want a better team, get better players.

You won't find better S's.  The S market is dismal.  LB?  Maybe, but unlikely. 

If you had said RT, that would be different, though the level of line play across the league is not that great.

My point is, Bailey is one of the only guys on the long list who could make a difference, aside from a G.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 04:22 PM)McC Wrote: He's the second best kicker in history.  Is Randy?  If you want a better team, get better players.

You won't find better S's.  The S market is dismal.  LB?  Maybe, but unlikely. 

If you had said RT, that would be different, though the level of line play across the league is not that great.

My point is, Bailey is one of the only guys on the long list who could make a difference, aside from a G
Well he was cut for a reason sounds like struggling from injury so cant st at this point he is better than Bullock especially if you have to pay more $$ that can be used elsewhere . As I stated we have other areas more important and the three areas I listed are where I would focus at.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 04:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well he was cut for a reason sounds like struggling from injury so cant st at this point he is better than Bullock especially if you have to pay more $$ that can be used elsewhere . As I stated we have other areas more important and the three areas I listed are where I would focus at.

Doesn't look like we're doing anything so it's all a moot point.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 04:34 PM)McC Wrote: Doesn't look like we're doing anything so it's all a moot point.
Well you cant acquire vets yet, I believe 4 today you can but maybe we dont if you feel what you have is better and cost not worth ot.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 04:34 PM)McC Wrote: Doesn't look like we're doing anything so it's all a moot point.

Nope. We claimed no one. I think they must all feel comfortable enough with what we've got to just get started prepping for Indy. Pray we don't suffer any injuries in the secondary. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
David Sharpe was cut by Oakland today after they claimed our scrub. The new Raiders regime is the worst at evaluating talent in the league.

We need to get in on one of these young tackles.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 03:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wasn't saying I wanted Aguayo. I defend Bullock more than anyone on here. I just think if you have a need at kicker (we don't), you'd look at Aguayo.

Yeah, I wasn't speaking about you, but in general the "anyone but Bullock" sentiment that seems to permeate this board at times.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 05:07 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: David Sharpe was cut by Oakland today after they claimed our scrub. The new Raiders regime is the worst at evaluating talent in the league.

We need to get in on one of these young tackles.

interesting that you make that assumption since  they have not even played a game yet under this regime  lol  though im not a big fan of Gruden myself

i think Sharpe would be weaker than what we have.. seems light and got pushed around from my buddy input out in Raider land. i would maybe take a flyer on Silberman and move on from Westerman or Redmond
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 04:22 PM)McC Wrote: He's the second best kicker in history.  

Yet he was still cut....and likely for a good reason.
Reply/Quote