Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
depth chart
I suppose the only thing noteworthy is that Darius Phillips is indeed starting at CB ahead of Sims. Other thoughts?

Reply/Quote
Oh, and that it lists two LBs and a starting nickel! (Alexander)
Reply/Quote
Looks like one solid roster to me. Just hoping they can all gel quickly.

Just heard the Chargers are starting some guy named Tevi at LT. Thinking Hubbard and Lawson will be making Tyrod run
right into Dunlap if this is the case. Was thinking the D-lines would feast in this one, hopefully ours more than theirs.
Reply/Quote
ADG above Evans
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ADG above Evans

As it should be...
Reply/Quote
Price not listed as back up for either OG position.

Any indication if 4th WR will be Higgens or Tate?
Reply/Quote
Paper thin at CB.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Price not listed as back up for either OG position.

Any indication if 4th WR will be Higgens or Tate?

Well, I doubt Calhoun is going in if XSF goes down. Probably not even Adeniji. I'm sure it would be either Fred or Price, but they gotta put everybody on there. 

Who knows about WR, but I would guess Tate before Higgins. Higgins will just get salted in here and there. 
Reply/Quote
As I expected, starting 3 WRs are Green, Boyd, and Ross.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:12 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Well, I doubt Calhoun is going in if XSF goes down. Probably not even Adeniji. I'm sure it would be either Fred or Price, but they gotta put everybody on there. 

Who knows about WR, but I would guess Tate before Higgins. Higgins will just get salted in here and there. 

Yep, it's not going out on a limb to much to guess Tate will see more snaps than Higgins especially first few games.
Reply/Quote
For all that talk about Mike Thomas getting snaps in practice ahead of Tate and Erickson, he ended up the 7th WR.

I'll second Fred that CB looks scary thin. One injury away from Tory McTyer, LeShaun Sims, or Tony Brown starting. Oof.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: For all that talk about Mike Thomas getting snaps in practice ahead of Tate and Erickson, he ended up the 7th WR.

I'll second Fred that CB looks scary thin. One injury away from Tory McTyer, LeShaun Sims, or Tony Brown starting. Oof.

Isn't it pretty much that way with any team, though?   How many teams can run two units of starting caliber CBs out there?  I'd guess not many, if any.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, it's not going out on a limb to much to guess Tate will see more snaps than Higgins especially first few games.

Yeah, Ross and Tate have a head start, but I can see people starting the "they're getting in the way of Higgins' development" talk if they don't make the most of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:35 PM)McC Wrote: Isn't it pretty much that way with any team, though?   How many teams can run two units of starting caliber CBs out there?  I'd guess not many, if any.

For comparison, last year their first three backups were Darius Phillips, BW Webb, and Tony McRae. That is a whole lot better than McTyer/Sims/Brown.

2018 it was Phillips, McRae, and KeiVarae Russell.
2017 it was Darqueze Dennard, Josh Shaw, KeiVarae Russell

Nobody ever said to have two units of starting caliber CBs out there, but this year the CB depth is particularly thin. More so compared to recent years. 

LeShaun Sims doesn't make me feel as confident as Phillips/Dennard/Shaw/Webb did if an injury happens.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: As it should be...

Evans was injured, but I agree....want to see him rush the passer.  That is just pure "see and attack", on certain downs.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: For comparison, last year their first three backups were Darius Phillips, BW Webb, and Tony McRae. That is a whole lot better than McTyer/Sims/Brown.

Nobody ever said to have two units of starting caliber CBs out there, but this year the CB depth is particularly thin. More so compared to recent years. 

LeShaun Sims doesn't make me feel as confident as Phillips/Dennard/Shaw/Webb did if an injury happens.
You lost me at mcrae that dude sucked so bad.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: For comparison, last year their first three backups were Darius Phillips, BW Webb, and Tony McRae. That is a whole lot better than McTyer/Sims/Brown.

I have no idea, and neither do you on this one. 

All these guys have looked good in camp and I was not impressed with BW Webb at all last year...

Were you TLL???

Phillips is just growing into his own, Tony Brown has looked great in camp from what I hear, we will see.

If they thought someone out there was better, they would of grabbed one of them.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 08:23 PM)J24 Wrote: You lost me at mcrae that dude sucked so bad.

Same.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 08:23 PM)J24 Wrote: You lost me at mcrae that dude sucked so bad.

Solid enough for a 6th CB.

(09-08-2020, 08:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I have no idea, and neither do you on this one. 

All these guys have looked good in camp and I was not impressed with BW Webb at all last year...

Were you TLL???

Phillips is just growing into his own, Tony Brown has looked great in camp from what I hear, we will see.

If they thought someone out there was better, they would of grabbed one of them.

As a starter? Hell no. As depth? Sure.

Kirkpatrick made 6 starts, Dennard made 5. Ideally Webb would have made 0.

- - - - - -

Just don't like that a paid of undrafted CBs (Brown, McTyer) and a guy coming off a 49.5 PFF grade (Sims; if you were wondering, Webb had a 55.7 last year) are the only choices if there's an injury (or if they need to put 4 CBs on the field at once).

I know they were counting on Trae Waynes to be there so some of these guys would be pushed back a slot in importance, but that happened like 5 weeks before the season even started so there's not a ton of reason to not make a move to try to fix it with plenty of time to spare. (DJ Hayden is on his contract year for the Jags, and they seem to be desperate to sell their entire team on the cheap.)

Reply/Quote

BW Webb...Tony McCrae are you.joking.?
He couldnt cover a bike with a 20x20 tarp. Tony McCrae couldnt tackle to save his life.guys like them and Vigil had to go.
This years CBs are serious upgrades. 
Reply/Quote