Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dolphins game has damaged confidence
The first half was the first time all 3 units played poor since early last season. yes all 3 units stepped it up in the 2nd half but dolphins aren't a good team we shouldn't be trailing to a team like this 17 to nothing at home
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:10 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The first half was the first time all 3 units played poor since early last season. yes all 3 units stepped it up in the 2nd half but dolphins aren't a good team we shouldn't be trailing to a team like this 17 to nothing at home

Sorry to hear about your damage.  Fortunately, scoring 27 straight points and winning going away probably boosted team confidence and that really is all that matters.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:13 PM)McC Wrote: Sorry to hear about your damage.  Fortunately, scoring 27 straight points and winning going away probably boosted team confidence and that really is all that matters.

Clapping
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Weren't the Dolphins 3-1 coming in? How can you say they're "aren't a good team?"
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:10 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The first half was the first time all 3 units played poor since early last season. yes all 3 units stepped it up in the 2nd half but dolphins aren't a good team we shouldn't be trailing to a team like this 17 to nothing at home

Ya because they were only 3-1....Stupid post by you...
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:13 PM)McC Wrote: Sorry to hear about your damage.  Fortunately, scoring 27 straight points and winning going away probably boosted team confidence and that really is all that matters.

Reps your way McC! I honestly wasn't to concerned about being down and was thinking the O would turn it on, but was greatly surprised to see that it was D that turned it on! 
Reply/Quote
pats slaughtered them last week. that titans win was flukey due to weather delays. dont get me wrong im happy we won. but the first 34 minutes or so was ugly football
Reply/Quote
Whatever 

I have never seen beating a 3-1 NFL team by 10 points cause any issues with confidence. Quite the contrary, trailing by 17 points in 3rd quarter and 14 in 4th and winning builds confidence. The great thing about making mistakes, but winning gives the coaches teachable moments, moments they can fix moving forward.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:14 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Weren't the Dolphins 3-1 coming in?  How can you say they're "aren't a good team?"

I'm not understanding that either?? I've read several other posters say the samething....
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:18 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: ...but the first 34 minutes or so was ugly football

Well, the games are 60 minutes long (unless overtime) so...

I guess it really doesn't matter which minutes you play your BEST football, as long
as you're ahead when it's over.
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
So who is good?

The patriots lost to the Lions.
The Vikings lost to the Bills, and so did the Titans.
The Jaguars lost to the Titans.

Are there only two good teams (Rams and Chiefs)? I'd say our loss to Carolina makes us look like the best one loss team in terms of who they lost to. This whole transitive thing in the NFL is weird, the only thing that matters is you win.
Reply/Quote
Sure they looked like crap the first half, but putting up 27 points to win the game is definitely a confidence and momentum boost.
Reply/Quote
How ?

Every team and I mean EVERY TEAM has down games, halves, quarters, etc. every season. We had a rough first half, that's not important. What is important is they overcame their problems and found a way to win.

The Patriots or whoever else you want to name have an ugly win or two every season ! The competition is to stiff to not to.

Any given Sunday
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How ?

Every team and I mean EVERY TEAM has down games, halves, quarters, etc. every season. We had a rough first half, that's not important. What is important is they overcame their problems and found a way to win.

The Patriots or whoever else you want to name have an ugly win or two every season ! The competition is to stiff to not to.

Any given Sunday

Well stated my good man.   :andy:
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
You’re not considering how big of a fluke their scores were: Dalton throws an interception in the red zone, which doesn’t happen often, especially since he shouldn’t have been throwing to the middle of the field in that situation (if I remember correctly) and then that also set up us getting stopped and having to punt, which then it got returned for a TD.

We need to avoid those mistakes, but I’m just saying it wasn’t as bad as the score showed.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:18 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: pats slaughtered them last week. that titans win was flukey due to weather delays. dont get me wrong im happy we won. but  the first 34 minutes or so was ugly football

It was but give the Dolphins credit too....Matt Burke called a great game for 3 quarters.  

I'll be honest i underestimated them ...I thought we would win comfortably but they were all over us for 3 quarters.  

Which makes the comeback even sweeter ....we have the more talented team but seemed to be physically and schematically outmatched for long periods - but then we won through.   Whatever happens for rest of season the Falcons and Phins games means they'll always believe that can pull the Win out.

who dey!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You’re not considering how big of a fluke their scores were: Dalton throws an interception in the red zone, which doesn’t happen often, especially since he shouldn’t have been throwing to the middle of the field in that situation (if I remember correctly) and then that also set up us getting stopped and having to punt, which then it got returned for a TD.

We need to avoid those mistakes, but I’m just saying it wasn’t as bad as the score showed.

It would of been a great pass to AJ, if the defender hadn't of grabbed AJ as he was making his break. 
Reply/Quote
I'm really hoping this thread is sarcasm. Good grief.
Reply/Quote
The defense didn't play poorly in the first half.
Reply/Quote