Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dolphins game has damaged confidence
Any football team would choose to finish. Hot starts are great, but finishing builds ultimate team confidence. Finishers are never lacking in confidence or doubt themselves.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 07:42 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, I'd like to point out that it was the defense that scored those comeback points and it is only those points that won the game. The offense scored fewer points than the defense.

And the defense only gave up 10 points. Teams coughed up 7.

I'm not knocking Dalton here, I'm just giving the credit to the defense.

I am pleasantly surprised however at how many 4th Q comebacks Dalton has had. I'm glad you pointed that out. That's a bonus for him that I didn't know or expect.

The role of punt coverage team, is to play defense.  The punt is a defensive play, so yeah that counts on the defense.

But anyway, the defensive unit made up for that by scoring two of their own TDs.  The offense for sure had their problems.  Two empty trips to the Red Zone in the 1st half, inexcusable.  Reality is, the Bengals should have walked all over Miami by a wide margin.  Be things how they were, I'll take the nice recovery and end result.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 07:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The role of punt coverage team, is to play defense.  The punt is a defensive play, so yeah that counts on the defense.

But anyway, the defensive unit made up for that by scoring two of their own TDs.  The offense for sure had their problems.  Two empty trips to the Red Zone in the 1st half, inexcusable.  Reality is, the Bengals should have walked all over Miami by a wide margin.  Be things how they were, I'll take the nice recovery and end result.

I knew someone would point that out. LOL

It was a good win. I'm ecstatic that the defense picked up the slack and scored two TDs to just seal the game.

You are absolutely right about the team should have walked all over Miami. I'm looking forward to what happens with Pittsburgh. I want a win and I believe the Steelers are concerned about both the offense and defense the Bengals are fielding this year.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:10 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The first half was the first time all 3 units played poor since early last season. yes all 3 units stepped it up in the 2nd half but dolphins aren't a good team we shouldn't be trailing to a team like this 17 to nothing at home

Why not? The dolphins have an under rated D and were leading the AFCE when we played them.
Reply/Quote
This take was awful with the idea of it. If we somehow beat the Steelers and it’s by 1 point, I’m guessing it will be a huge momentum killer as well since they are 2-2-1
Reply/Quote
They played poorly in the first half.
And it was still just 7-0 until they allowed a punt return TD with 0:40 to go in the 2nd quarter.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:00 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: They played poorly in the first half.
And it was still just 7-0 until they allowed a punt return TD with 0:40 to go in the 2nd quarter.

Good point.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:21 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Well, the games are 60 minutes long (unless overtime) so...

I guess it really doesn't matter which minutes you play your BEST football, as long
as you're ahead when it's over.

I recall watching Peyton Manning's Colts do just that when they beat the Dolphins after Miami had possession of the ball for over 45 minutes...
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 07:48 PM)thegimp Wrote: Any football team would choose to finish.  Hot starts are great, but finishing builds ultimate team confidence.  Finishers are never lacking in confidence or doubt themselves.
Absolutely

That and...

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:10 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The first half was the first time all 3 units played poor since early last season. yes all 3 units stepped it up in the 2nd half but dolphins aren't a good team we shouldn't be trailing to a team like this 17 to nothing at home

Footballing doesn't work like that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I hate doing my, 'I played a long time' story... But... As others have said, you take wins. Wins arent guaranteed, especially in pro football. If you can start out a game as bad as we did, and find a way to win, most times, it's reason for celebration.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How ?

Every team and I mean EVERY TEAM has down games, halves, quarters, etc. every season. We had a rough first half, that's not important. What is important is they overcame their problems and found a way to win.

The Patriots or whoever else you want to name have an ugly win or two every season ! The competition is to stiff to not to.

Any given Sunday

Enter LI when it appeared Atlanta was going to win running away, HOWEVER....It didn't quite work out that way although I still have my doubts as to the legitimacy of that one, but still. ..

Maybe we as Bengals fans should protest to the league and DEMAND that the last two INTs be taken off the board and give the win to the "better team"  all in the spirit of good sportsmanship..  ThumbsUp

C'mon.. You know you just really want to take the high road and be winners by being losers.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 12:18 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: pats slaughtered them last week. that titans win was flukey due to weather delays. dont get me wrong im happy we won. but  the first 34 minutes or so was ugly football

puts the bed the no second half adjustments spiel a bit.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 01:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: puts the bed the no second half adjustments spiel a bit.

.......which is one of the things that is different about this team than years past.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 09:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Absolutely

That and...

[Image: giphy.gif]

You know what it takes to win the AFC North?

[Image: Glengarry-Glen-Ross-Grab_510x317.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote