Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
euthanizing your pet
Well we lost Charlie yesterday. He had IMHA, and his counts had actually reached the normal stage, but the massive amount of meds he had to take to get there must have got him. He had been unwilling to do anything the last few days, but I attributed that to the fact that he may have torn his ACL. He was due to go in on Monday, but when I got up Sunday he had peed all over himself. I knew something was wrong beyond the ACL and called the clinic telling them I was coming in.. I had to drag him (140 lbs) to the car. He literally couldn't walk more than a few steps. By the time I got to the clinic he had died. I hope I didn't make his last minutes miserable by manhandling him into the car. The crushing part is my kids.

My fourteen year old boy had a snapchat with a broken heart that said "Goodbye Charlie. I hope you get treats in Heaven". And an instagram saying he lost his buddy and best friend just when he thought he was getting better.

My daughter in college had a heartbreaking post on facebook with a pic of her and Charlie.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 11:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well we lost Charlie yesterday.  He had IMHA, and his counts had actually reached the normal stage, but the massive amount of meds he had to take to get there must have got him.  He had been unwilling to do anything the last few days, but I attributed that to the fact that he may have torn his ACL.  He was due to go in on Monday, but when I got up Sunday he had peed all over himself.  I knew something was wrong beyond the ACL and called the clinic telling them I was coming in..  I had to drag him (140 lbs) to the car.  He literally couldn't walk more than a few steps.  By the time I got to the clinic he had died.  I hope I didn't make his last minutes miserable by manhandling him into the car.  The crushing part is my kids.

My fourteen year old boy had a snapchat with a broken heart that said "Goodbye Charlie.  I hope you get treats in Heaven".  And an instagram saying he lost his buddy and best friend just when he thought he was getting better.  

My daughter in college had a heartbreaking post on facebook with a pic of her and Charlie.

Sincere condolences to you and your children.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Charlie probably thought of his journey to the car as playful wrestling with a loved one again. ( any physical contact with a loved one is highly prized.)
Sorry for the families' loss
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2016, 11:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well we lost Charlie yesterday.  He had IMHA, and his counts had actually reached the normal stage, but the massive amount of meds he had to take to get there must have got him.  He had been unwilling to do anything the last few days, but I attributed that to the fact that he may have torn his ACL.  He was due to go in on Monday, but when I got up Sunday he had peed all over himself.  I knew something was wrong beyond the ACL and called the clinic telling them I was coming in..  I had to drag him (140 lbs) to the car.  He literally couldn't walk more than a few steps.  By the time I got to the clinic he had died.  I hope I didn't make his last minutes miserable by manhandling him into the car.  The crushing part is my kids.

My fourteen year old boy had a snapchat with a broken heart that said "Goodbye Charlie.  I hope you get treats in Heaven".  And an instagram saying he lost his buddy and best friend just when he thought he was getting better.  

Sorry to hear that man, that made me tear up all over again.  I wish and pray for you and the fam some comfort.  I lasted about 2 weeks and went out and got another pup.  I looked every day until I found our new little doooode.  Got an English mastiff who has really helped w/ the pain of losing our two other boys.  He's a good dog but forgot how much time and energy they take. Well worth it and I'm glad I did it.  Sorry again, best of luck sir!
Reply/Quote