Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
fair chance for prime time in 2 weeks
If Bengals win on Sunday nbc might flex Chiefs game to Sun night
Reply/Quote
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo……………. let's keep playing all games at 1PM, and let Sirius analysts keep pretending we don't exist, until the AFC CHampionship game....
Reply/Quote
Collinsowrth calling that game against Texans got rid of Zampeze so it couldn't hurt. we are not supposed to win against Chiefs anyway.
Reply/Quote
Rams at 49ers currently in that slot. Lost some luster with Garapolo's injury, true. But, still two west coast teams, one of whom is dominating the league. And, it might be hard for NBC to give up the LA and SF tv markets to gain the KC and Cincinnati markets.

I'm with Sled: I'd prefer Sundays at 1:00 and avoiding primetime until the post-season.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Don't believe games get flexed until later in the year.

And no, **** flexing games. Keep at 1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo……………. let's keep playing all games at 1PM, and let Sirius analysts keep pretending we don't exist, until the AFC CHampionship game....

agreed.

Plus here in England if the game goes prime time its more likely its blocked in region on game pass.  Nervous

Talk about Catch 22 --- Bengals keep winning = less chance we can watch them,  Bengals do OK / lose the odd game = I can watch games live!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't believe games get flexed until later in the year.

They can move games to Sunday night starting with week 5 but they're only allowed to move two games before week 11.

But agreed, keep everything at 1:00.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:13 PM)sonofstat Wrote: agreed.

Plus here in England if the game goes prime time its more likely its blocked in region on game pass.  Nervous

Talk about Catch 22 --- Bengals keep winning = less chance we can watch them,  Bengals do OK / lose the odd game = I can watch games live!

Similar effect on the game day experience here:  winning means more parking issues, traffic, clogged concourses and lines for concessions and the restroom.  Conversely, losing means lots and lots of elbow room.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
They made an adjustment a little while back that allows 2 flex games between week 5 and 10. The teams have to be given 12 days notice though, so we'd have to know before we play the Steelers.

Just saw Rams vs 49'ers is the Sunday night game that week.....I can see them making the move.
Reply/Quote
The last thing the Bengals need is for any of the next few games to be "flexed" to Prime Time. Keep the team under the radar. Keep the pressure to minimum. Games at KC are tough as it is, do not need night time crowd and spot light.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The last thing the Bengals need is for any of the next few games to be "flexed" to Prime Time.  Keep the team under the radar.  Keep the pressure to minimum.  Games at KC are tough as it is, do not need night time crowd and spot light.

Agreed! It could turn out as a nationally televised anyway....
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:18 PM)Roland Wrote: They can move games to Sunday night starting with week 5 but they're only allowed to move two games before week 11.

But agreed, keep everything at 1:00.

Gotcha, many thanks for the clarification :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Somebody on twitter said NFL has to announce any flex 12 days prior to game, so we'll hear something by tomorrow. Personally, I hope Bengals keep playing all 1:00 p.m. games and national media keeps ignoring them. Let them keep slobbering all over the Patriots/Chiefs/Brownies while Bengals win the division.
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs already play this Sunday night so it is unlikely to get flexed to the night game....however I wouldn't be surprised if the start time get moved to late afternoon but then it would be bumping the National Cowboys-Redskins game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 02:09 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't believe games get flexed until later in the year.

That's what I thought as well.  Only when there are playoff implications in the final few weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:26 PM)pally Wrote: The Chiefs already play this Sunday night so it is unlikely to get flexed to the night game....however I wouldn't be surprised if the start time get moved to late afternoon but then it would be bumping the National Cowboys-Redskins game

Cowboys are on national TV every damn week and they suck. 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 03:33 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Cowboys are on national TV every damn week and they suck. 

They are America's team... Tongue
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Guess i have to keep saying this, but this year, this team is different.

I sure hope we can change it up and start winning games at a different time than 1:00.

Plus i would like to watch my team once in awhile except when games have to be changed due to blowouts.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2018, 11:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guess i have to keep saying this, but this year, this team is different.

I sure hope we can change it up and start winning games at a different time than 1:00.

Plus i would like to watch my team once in awhile except when games have to be changed due to blowouts.

This group is changing the ways of old and forging ahead believing. 

Not afraid of any time changes this year.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
·–– ···· –––   –·· · –·––   –··· · –· ––· ·– ·–·· ··· –·–·––   just in case you're wondering it's in Morse Code..  Who Dey Bengals!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote