Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite ball parks
Outside of Great American, which I really like a lot, what are other cities or ball parks worth visiting? Having worked for 36 years and now retired, I'm giving thought to maybe experiencing a Reds game or two as a visitor. I'm interested in more of the ball park than the city I guess. Any first hand knowledge? Me and my Perez or Rose jersey, ha, await your suggestions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2019, 01:02 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Outside of Great American, which I really like a lot, what are other cities or ball parks worth visiting?  Having worked for 36 years and now retired, I'm giving thought to maybe experiencing a Reds game or two as a visitor.  I'm interested in more of the ball park than the city I guess.  Any first hand knowledge?  Me and my Perez or Rose jersey, ha, await your suggestions.

PNC Pirates park is really nice
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Ones with mustard and onions.

Reply/Quote
I enjoyed Nationals Park. The rail stop takes you to a flight of stairs that once you go up, you literally turn the corner and BAM, the stadium is right there in view. There were some fries at the stadium that were amazing, don't remember what they were called now, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't know about the in person experience, but on TV, Baltimore's Camden Yards is my favorite to watch as a neutral.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I guess it called Chase now... Whatever it is out in Phoenix. The only retractable roof park that I've been to.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
My all time favorite was and still is Parkwood Elementary's fields (Beavercreek schools) that are now mere fallow fields. I grew up getting hit in the face by ground balls hitting rocks and bouncing unpredictably .. Oh, the good old days of playing with broken bats and soaking wet balls wrapped with electrical tape!  ThumbsUp What could possibly beat a home run flying through the air with 6 inches of electrical tape swirling around it? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2019, 07:53 PM)jason Wrote: I guess it called Chase now... Whatever it is out in Phoenix. The only retractable roof park that I've been to.

Been there too. Really cool watching a game in AZ at 4pm while it’s 110 degrees outside and the roof is closed with the AC on. During 7th inning stretch, the roof opens, the sun is down and it’s 65 degrees outside. Pool in the outfield was cool, I sat right behind there.

I liked Wrigley, just for the ivy wall. I’d like to sit on top of the Green Monster someday.
Reply/Quote