Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for the luv of GOD, a legit TE please !
(10-26-2023, 03:01 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Are we going to judge this TE on 2 games played with like 3 targets in those games? You know since we threw out the first 4 games because of an injured QB. 

By your metric we should get rid of Tee since a number 2 WR should get way more then 450 yards this season. I mean you expect a TE new to the team to produce at least 400 yards and as high as 750 yards then surely Tee is underachieving with 14 receptions on 36 targets for 149 yards on the year. Hell our number 3 WR has 200 yards with 30 receptions on 41 targets for an average of 6.8 yards per. But you want to get rid of a guy that has had 11 targets on the year thru 6 games less then 2 targets per game.

I am all for upgrading when we can but the time to upgrade RB and TE was in the offseason when RB were dirt cheap and being cut left and right and TE were all playing musical chairs on teams. We need a trade partner now, so it does take 2 to tango you know the Billionaire boys club that seems to hate the Bengals ownership and screws us any time they get a chance like with the coin flip last year when only one other team thought we was being screwed over???

Just saying do not expect a huge block buster trade before the deadline. We have to build our team thru free agency and the draft since our ownership is hated league wide. 

Oh I'm not expecting a big trade before the deadline.
I am just saying I think the TEs suck when it comes to being quality pass catchers, and the position as a whole has declined this year compared to the previous years.
And yes, I expect a veteran who signed well before Training Camp to be able to come in and be more of an immediate contributor by this point in the season.
I don't wanna hear this transition period crap for someone who has now played meaningful practice and games for the past 3 months now with the team and entered the league in 2019.
He's not some work-in-progress draft pick that needs time to develop.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Oh I'm not expecting a big trade before the deadline.
I am just saying I think the TEs suck when it comes to being quality pass catchers, and the position as a whole has declined this year compared to the previous years.
And yes, I expect a veteran who signed well before Training Camp to be able to come in and be more of an immediate contributor by this point in the season.
I don't wanna hear this transition period crap for someone who has now played meaningful practice and games for the past 3 months now with the team and entered the league in 2019.

He's not some work-in-progress draft pick that needs time to develop.

Irv did not get any reps with Burrow when he was healthy in the offseason Burrow was injured early in camp and when he came back a few weeks before the start of the season he was injured. I do not really know what you expect out of a TE on a one-year vet minimum deal. I know Hurst had a decent year last year was not happy with his YAC and YPC, but he was used as a checkdown last year basically. But you cannot expect a bottom of the barrel last guy picked to put up great numbers for you we took a roll of the dice and crapped out.

You are ignoring the fact Burrow has been trash and that our offense OVERALL is last in the NFL. We are not in last place because of Irv alone you are giving this guy way too much credit for our sh*t season so far.

Only chance we have at getting better at TE is Tanner Hudson, but our head coach will not play him till his 3rd year on this team like Irwin.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 03:50 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Irv did not get any reps with Burrow when he was healthy in the offseason Burrow was injured early in camp and when he came back a few weeks before the start of the season he was injured. I do not really know what you expect out of a TE on a one-year vet minimum deal. I know Hurst had a decent year last year was not happy with his YAC and YPC, but he was used as a checkdown last year basically. But you cannot expect a bottom of the barrel last guy picked to put up great numbers for you we took a roll of the dice and crapped out.

You are ignoring the fact Burrow has been trash and that our offense OVERALL is last in the NFL. We are not in last place because of Irv alone you are giving this guy way too much credit for our sh*t season so far.

Only chance we have at getting better at TE is Tanner Hudson, but our head coach will not play him till his 3rd year on this team like Irwin.

I never said it was Irv Smith alone. Where did you get the impression I was saying that?

Am I not allowed to point out that I don't like the current TE room on the roster?

I agree with you about Hudson. I want him to be on the active roster, and I want him as the TE1. He's the best receiving TE the Bengals have.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 03:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I never said it was Irv Smith alone. Where did you get the impression I was saying that?

Am I not allowed to point out that I don't like the current TE room on the roster?

I agree with you about Hudson. I want him to be on the active roster, and I want him as the TE1. He's the best receiving TE the Bengals have.

Yes, you can point out who you do not like and expect an upgrade if we can swing a deal. I would love a big-name guy in a trade, the TE that played with Burrow in college and was here for a visit before the medical issues would have been a real nice fit. But that is kind of why we had to grab Irv at the last minute on a vet minimum deal. 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 04:10 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes, you can point out who you do not like and expect an upgrade if we can swing a deal. I would love a big-name guy in a trade, the TE that played with Burrow in college and was here for a visit before the medical issues would have been a real nice fit. But that is kind of why we had to grab Irv at the last minute on a vet minimum deal. 

Bengals could/should have drafted someone instead of one of the picks they chose to make, but ya know...
Or maybe they'd be doing just as poorly in this offense, but I'd like to think one wouldn't.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 04:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals could/should have drafted someone instead of one of the picks they chose to make, but ya know...
Or maybe they'd be doing just as poorly in this offense, but I'd like to think one wouldn't.

Yeah, we should have drafted one of the 20 or so decent TE in the draft there was so many, but we just kept passing them up for other spots. I really do not think we value TE very much in Zacs playbook which is a shame a good TE can create mismatches if used correctly.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 04:10 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes, you can point out who you do not like and expect an upgrade if we can swing a deal. I would love a big-name guy in a trade, the TE that played with Burrow in college and was here for a visit before the medical issues would have been a real nice fit. But that is kind of why we had to grab Irv at the last minute on a vet minimum deal. 

Foster Moreau? That dude just lost a game for the Saints. But he is better than Irv. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2023, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Foster Moreau? That dude just lost a game for the Saints. But he is better than Irv. 

Yeah, he played with Burrow in college and figured he would be a decent fit.
Reply/Quote