Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
goverment checks
I got my check but my woman didnt get one yet. she called and coulndt talk to a real person. We tried the website but it just says she hasnt been determined yet but she should qualify. anyone else had issues getting these checks?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 07:59 PM)Bruce Wrote: I got my check but my woman didnt get one yet. she called and coulndt talk to a real person. We tried the website but it just says she hasnt been determined yet but she should qualify. anyone else had issues getting these checks?

My wife and I received our stimulus money over a month ago.  Just remember who you're dealing with, the gov't usually takes forever to do anything.  I'd keep trying to call bro, $1200 is a lot of money.  Good luck.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What are they checking you guys for?

Don't you mean, "cheques?"

Sorry, a pet peeve of mine, working in finance and all...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 10:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: My wife and I received our stimulus money over a month ago.  Just remember who you're dealing with, the gov't usually takes forever to do anything.  I'd keep trying to call bro, $1200 is a lot of money.  Good luck.

were still trying and maybe its just going to take a time for it to get here. I figurd hers woulda come when i got mine so thats what confused us. Were gonna use hers if shes gets it to put down a new kitchen floor that shes been wanting.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 11:01 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What are they checking you guys for?

In America, it's checks.

Mellow

As to the OP, my wife and I kept checking on the check (cheques for the Canadians on our board) and it turned out the delay was because we had not registered a bank account for direct deposit. When we did that, it took about two weeks.
Reply/Quote
Got mine a month ago and burned through it quickly. Now business has dried up right after I bought enough lumber to keep busy.. Go figure, huh?  I had people calling pretty much daily wanting cedar products so I bought enough and viola! Business died right away.. I've decided that people do actually suck. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 11:01 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: What are they checking you guys for?

Stay on your side of the border, Truck, we speak English down here.  How aboot that!   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 09:55 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Stay on your side of the border, Truck, we speak English down here.  How aboot that!   Tongue

So I guess the entirety of the English-speaking world doesn't speak American? Gotcha Ninja

Funnily-enough, (and I've written this before lol), I have never heard, "aboot," in my entire 31 years on this planet, living in Canada and the British say, "eh?" and related colloquialisms that are attributed to Canada, a shit-ton more than we do!
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 11:43 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: So I guess the entirety of the English-speaking world doesn't speak American? Gotcha Ninja

Funnily-enough, (and I've written this before lol), I have never heard, "aboot," in my entire 31 years on this planet, living in Canada and the British say, "eh?" and related colloquialisms that are attributed to Canada, a shit-ton more than we do!

I always thought "eh" was a Canadian thing.  You guys get a bum rap.  

(By the way, I'm glad you came back after that bet.  Good to see ya' around.)   Rock On
Reply/Quote
I got a debit card a week ago...
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't give him credit for the hire; never was a fan. I just didn't see folks in this thread taking issue with Bolton's comments. Seemed they were applauding them

(06-19-2020, 11:52 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I always thought "eh" was a Canadian thing.  You guys get a bum rap.  

(By the way, I'm glad you came back after that bet.  Good to see ya' around.)   Rock On

I personally think it has to do with Bob and Doug from SCTV; they stereotyped Newfoundlanders (they're like a weird, very conservative {not political conservative} and boring cross between a typical WASP Canadian and an Irishman) in all their skits, but the rest of the world (not just the US) took it as Canadians as a whole.

Watch, not even the whole thing, just parts of the Who's interview on Russell Harty, the one that's in the Kid's Are Alright; they say, "eh," like 15-20 times, just in the clips from the film.

And, as mentioned, many thanks :)
Reply/Quote
In high school I had a friend named Ken Blaha. His parents were from Czechoslovakia. Every time we went some place to eat we would say to him "Sorry, Ken, but we heard this place doesn't take Czechs."

It was funny about the first 100 times, but after that I think he started to get tired of it.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 08:52 AM)grampahol Wrote: Got mine a month ago and burned through it quickly. Now business has dried up right after I bought enough lumber to keep busy.. Go figure, huh?  I had people calling pretty much daily wanting cedar products so I bought enough and viola! Business died right away.. I've decided that people do actually suck. 

Don't feel so badly.  When ours came, we spent it all in one day.  We treated ourselves to a new TV, which will be great if there's actually a football season, and the rest I combined with some other money I had put back and settled a bad debt.  It's going to pay off in the long run, as my credit improved dramatically, and the refinance of another high interest loan will save me $220/mo.  So, in less than a year, I will have more than regained the money I paid out to settle, through the savings on my payments.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 05:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't feel so badly.  When ours came, we spent it all in one day.  We treated ourselves to a new TV, which will be great if there's actually a football season, and the rest I combined with some other money I had put back and settled a bad debt.  It's going to pay off in the long run, as my credit improved dramatically, and the refinance of another high interest loan will save me $220/mo.  So, in less than a year, I will have more than regained the money I paid out to settle, through the savings on my payments.

I spent almost a thousand dollars on hookers and coke.

The rest of it I wasted.
Reply/Quote
Well, since we're hijacking the guys thread; I spent most of my check on a MUCH needed penis reduction.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 05:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't feel so badly.  When ours came, we spent it all in one day.  We treated ourselves to a new TV, which will be great if there's actually a football season, and the rest I combined with some other money I had put back and settled a bad debt.  It's going to pay off in the long run, as my credit improved dramatically, and the refinance of another high interest loan will save me $220/mo.  So, in less than a year, I will have more than regained the money I paid out to settle, through the savings on my payments.

Hopefully it is 8K capable if you have any intent to use a PS5 when it comes out.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 06:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I spent almost a thousand dollars on hookers and coke.

The rest of it I wasted.

25 years ago, that definitely would have been an option.   Ninja

(06-19-2020, 06:23 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Well, since we're hijacking the guys thread; I spent most of my check on a MUCH needed penis reduction.

Only 4 inches from happiness, eh?  LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 06:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hopefully it is 8K capable if you have any intent to use a PS5 when it comes out.

To be honest, I haven't played actual video games since '03.  My sons are big gamers, and I enjoy watching them do their thing for a few minutes here and there, but I feel like I would be so far behind that it would never become fun again..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 07:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: To be honest, I haven't played actual video games since '03.  My sons are big gamers, and I enjoy watching them do their thing for a few minutes here and there, but I feel like I would be so far behind that it would never become fun again..

LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 07:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Only 4 inches from happiness, eh?  LOL

Okay, that made me laugh for 5 minutes.  Good one Sunset.  
Reply/Quote