Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
i hope we dont trade aj mccaron
Heart 
(12-09-2016, 05:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can't wait until we do get rid of him just so his delusional fanboys will stop with this nonsense. DALTON IS  BETTER!  End of story.

Also, try using paragraphs. Those giant walls of text are annoying to read.

Bringing the HEAT!! haha (agreed)

-- WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS!! --
Reply/Quote
This has about as much chance of happening as Marvin Lewis getting canned. A.D. is the M.L. of QB's.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 10:11 AM)jason Wrote: Me either. Except that stellar career will be as an analyst for the SEC Network.

Hilarious 

Oh man, I wish there was such a thing as "double rep".
Reply/Quote
McCarron is a good back up QB. We are very lucky to have him. Someday he may go on to start in the NFL. He may even become a star. But there is no way in hell you can claim that he is better than Dalton right now. Not even close.

We kept McCarron while we needed him as a back up. If teams offer us anything decent this off season we should trade him. He will be a free agent after the '17 season and will probably not re-sign here to back up Andy.
Reply/Quote
The old saying: "Strike while the iron is hot" applies here.  I say trade for high draft pick and mid draft pick.  He will not want to be a back-up much longer and the Bengals will not likely sign him as a backup at what AJ feels is appropriate compensation. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For starters you're are watching a YouTube video where they show nothing but positive highlights. That being said, he will be traded in the offseason. He still has what 2 years left on his rookie contract which makes his cheap. He will be traded for hopefully a 2nd and 3rd round pick right before the draft to get more draft picks to help this team build upon. If Andy was in his md 30s then I could see the bengals keeping him around but like nugent he is gone. There are plenty of teams that would give up some good picks for his services. I can see the bengals playing him the last game of the season to show what he can do in order to get get the picks they want out of him. He won't be here for the 2017 season, because the bengals need some major help in the glaring holes they have and they can command that with mccarron. We could always go the free agent route or pick a qb late in the draft to fill his void. He doesn't help us sitting the bench not getting out there. Someone will give us a good deal in order to acquire him. Look at what Houston paid Brock and he played maybe 4 games. Mccarron could easily command something similar as some team will give us a 2nd and and a 3rd for him but it will happen in
The off-season.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 10:11 AM)jason Wrote: Me either. Except that stellar career will be as an analyst for the SEC Network.

Hilarious  Ok now that was funny.

For the record, I'm not saying we should overpay to keep mccarron as a backup nor should he replace Andy as the full-time starter. That would be asinine. I'm just saying I think mccarron will catch on well somewhere. He played well for us when he got the chance, if he gets a real shot to start with a team I won't be surprised if it works out for him. 
Reply/Quote
If Macaroni is half as good as some think, we should get a dynamite trade package for him.

If he's not traded (again) it will be telling.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 09:05 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I want Macaroni as our QB of the future and trade Dalton. Dalton had his chance. Time for a change.
There are several (many) changes I would like to see BEFORE they change from Dalton. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:45 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: The youtube comments say he reminds them of brady. 

[Image: let_me_stop_you_right_there.jpg]

Ahh, but seriously one of the reasons NFL message boards are so great is because unless your QB has 2+ SB rings OR just got on the team 3 or less years ago there is going to be a contingent of fans calling for him to be replaced by some schlub from the 5th round or later.  It's a given.

(12-09-2016, 01:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Never say never.  

What if andy pulls a Carson? I don't think he is that shallow because he is a different type of competitor.  But that would be the only situation in which mccarron is our long term starter.

Meh, I don't expect people to weep over Palmer's departure, but the guy managed to get closer to the Super Bowl than he would have if he had just played nice with Mike Brown and remained "a competitor" here.  Maybe Dalton stays here forever, maybe he leads the Texans to a few playoff wins a few years from now...who knows.

Anywho, at some point we might need to recognize that a man who is a competitor might not want to play for Mike Brown/Marvin Lewis/our crappier OC's/Paul Alexander.  Because those guys hain't very competitive.
Reply/Quote
Nah, am good with Dalton.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[quote pid='316535' dateline='1481307435']
This has about as much chance of happening as Marvin Lewis getting canned. A.D. is the M.L. of QB's.
[/quote]

Bingo. Still amazes me how many Dalton guys want Marv out? As long as we have Marv we gone have Dalton.  Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 04:45 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Im watching these youtube videos on mccaron, dalton, and even brady.   Just looking at mccarons mechanics you can see he is a better pocket passer then dalton.  The youtube comments say he reminds them of brady.  And i wouldnt go that far, because tom is taller and more intense.  But id say the mechanics and throwing motion is like brady.  So ill label him a poor mans brady.   If you reasearch what they have in common.  Both played for big conference teams, both had college production.  But the scouts pushed them both down the draft boards because of arm strength.  Correct me if im wrong but i think the same happened with joe montana.  Now Dalton, i do not know who he would compare too, im thinking of a little better version of kitna, or jake delome from the panthers, with body type and skill set.  The thing that bothers me with dalton, is his mechanics combined with his height.  I know people will say hes tall as aj green. But it just doesnt look it.  And his mechanics are one read if not there ,tuck and escape, run to the right if you can. The last game dalton did pretty good, mainly the first half.  But this is a different case vs tougher teams.  Ive witnessed it for 6 years.  [/align]

I also heard a saying. If you can complete passes with a clean pocket you can play in the nfl.  But its how you handle pressure is to determine if you are a backup or not.  Now this is hard to gauge with dalton because he does have numbers and has done some good.  But we want to take the next step dont we?  Im really hoping we do not get rid of mccaron, its going to be a mistake.  To add to the other mistakes we have made in our history. Like letting zimmer go, and bill walsh.  Also there was a article about marvin feeling secure about his job so he is not going anywhere. So im thinking we probably need mccaron to start.  Hes the more mechanically clined qb, and pocket passer.  Now go ahead and say i dont know football and andy is god, im ready for it.

When McCarron beats a team with a winning record, come talk to me.  
Reply/Quote
McCarron isn't a bad QB and he's likely going to get a chance to start somewhere and possibly win some playoff games even. It won't be with the Bengals simply because he's going to get offered a decent contract to play somewhere else and the Bengals aren't going to spend much on a backup QB.

If he got a chance to play more we would see him speed up his game. He only has 4 starts, it's not like he's got much experience in the pro game.

But we'll at the very least shop his services during the off season. We've been carrying Driskel on the roster all year just to evaluate him as McCarron's replacement.

Like it of not, I give him a 75% chance of being traded and I see us getting a 3rd round pick. If it's the Brownies, then I'd want a high 2nd.

Reply/Quote