Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
i tried. i really did
(06-16-2023, 04:28 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. NONE of this is, "God's word." It's written by men, each and every letter.

what an awful thing to say. the Word is breathed and inspired by God. i will pray for your eternal soul because this kind of statement puts it at great rick if you dont ask for forgiveness and mercy. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:24 PM)Leon Wrote: they are whatever you want them to be. now is it wrong. should you be opposed

How did my life involve being tasked to defend Catholicism and LGBTQ people and teachers for the same blanket allegations?

I'd call the police and hope they don't shoot me when they show up
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's not forget the part where he said "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me".

right. amen. 

when these folks try to target the minds and hearts of innocent kids into this wickedness they are going after Gods very nature of love, goodness and purity. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 03:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lets just pretend those kids are being shot by military grade weapons so we can ignore it.

I get what you're saying here, but "military grade" is a meaningless term.  Our standard issue handgun is in 9mm Luger, so technically any 9mm handgun is "military grade".  These talking point terms like "weapons of war" annoy me, so sorry if I'm coming off as overly harsh.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How did my life involve being tasked to defend Catholicism and LGBTQ people and teachers for the same blanket allegations?

I'd call the police and hope they don't shoot me when they show up

right. youd call the police cause you think its wrong.

and folks are speaking up cause we think grooming or targeting is wrong. 

but you have a problem with one cause you dont think its an issue but that only your opinion. ours is different. so we have to same right as you tp speak up when we think something is wrong.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny how all of these videos are ALWAYS rough and recorded on potatoes: that means they haven't been doctored/manipulated, right? Rolleyes

King James version, Good News Bible, sits next to my bed. I open to Proverbs on occasion to get some wisdom and laughs.

Righteous judgement? Like, "judge not lest ye be judged?" You know the point of that saying is that NONE of us should judge ANYONE, correct? Or are you stating that YOU are righteous and as such, you can judge people?

If the latter, that's a joke and you know it.

And here you are, condemning all of these people you've never met or care to meet and casting judgment on all of them due to their sexual preference.

You see the hypocrisy in this, right? As a poster named Leon in this thread decreed:

There is the quote in the Bible about Knowing about wickedness and not saying anything is a sin but Knowing Saying and offering to save the person from that sin helps on your way to heaven...

Of course the church used that bible verse the start the Inquisition and tortured thousands in the name of trying to save their soul. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:46 PM)Leon Wrote: right. youd call the police cause you think its wrong.

and folks are speaking up cause we think grooming or targeting is wrong. 

but you have a problem with one cause you dont think its an issue but that only your opinion. ours is different. so we have to same right as you tp speak up when we think something is wrong.

You are comparing your suspicion of an entire group of people to someone directly witnessing molestation.  

Hopefully when I call the police to report an actual molestation the police aren't busy responding to a call that a guy in a dress is reading a book or going in a certain bathroom or something. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I get what you're saying here, but "military grade" is a meaningless term.  Our standard issue handgun is in 9mm Luger, so technically any 9mm handgun is "military grade".  These talking point terms like "weapons of war" annoy me, so sorry if I'm coming off as overly harsh.

What is the short way to admit some weapons are much better at killing than others?
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:25 PM)Leon Wrote: transaltion. you cherry pick Gods word

The vast majority of people cherry pick God's word, likely including you. The modern translations versus what was originally written will convey different messages. For instance, an example of this is Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination." With modern language, that will communicate a very specific message - male homosexual intercourse is an "abomination". However, this is not what scholars & linguists believe was the original intent. 

The original message is believed to refer to the penetration hierarchy that existed at the time. There is some debate as to whether it was the "penetrator" or the "penetrated" who is committing the abomination, and is believed to only refer to anal intercourse. This understanding has been lost to time, but it is the widely accepted interpretation from what I recall. 

God's word only provides one law - love everyone. I know many people who tend to selectively apply this rule. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You are comparing your suspicion of an entire group of people to someone directly witnessing molestation.  

Hopefully when I call the police to report an actual molestation the police aren't busy responding to a call that a guy in a dress is reading a book or going in a certain bathroom or something. 

its not speculation when its happening right in front of our eyes an under our noses. you can ignore it or pretend it dont exist. but that dont change the fact that its real.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What is the short way to admit some weapons are much better at killing than others?

Handguns are less deadly than long guns.  Yet handguns are responsible for the vast majority of firearm related homicides, over 95%.  
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 04:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The vast majority of people cherry pick God's word, likely including you. The modern translations versus what was originally written will convey different messages. For instance, an example of this is Leviticus 18:22 "You shall not lie with a man as with a woman; it is an abomination." With modern language, that will communicate a very specific message - male homosexual intercourse is an "abomination". However, this is not what scholars & linguists believe was the original intent. 

The original message is believed to refer to the penetration hierarchy that existed at the time. There is some debate as to whether it was the "penetrator" or the "penetrated" who is committing the abomination, and is believed to only refer to anal intercourse. This understanding has been lost to time, but it is the widely accepted interpretation from what I recall. 

God's word only provides one law - love everyone. I know many people who tend to selectively apply this rule. 

if you honestly think Gods Law is only 1 thing. your pastor has failed you. or you have made up your own version
Reply/Quote
to those on the left. please explain how this is normal or ok with you. forget your political side or talking points. honestly say you think there aint a problem with this. that you dont see no issues

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:07 PM)Leon Wrote: if you honestly think Gods Law is only 1 thing. your pastor has failed you. or you have made up your own version

You’re correct, this was a mistake on my part. Romans 10:4 declares that Christ is the end law, and for righteousness you must only believe. However, I looked up discussions on the intent of this passage and it is trouble with translation from Greek and the intent behind the message is different, communicating more that “Christ’s actions and thoughts fulfill the law”.

However, my prior points still stand.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:05 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Handguns are less deadly than long guns.  Yet handguns are responsible for the vast majority of firearm related homicides, over 95%.  

So what do you call the difference between a hand gun and ar 15?  Even as a non gun guy i feel like one can do more damage than the other. 
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:02 PM)Leon Wrote: its not speculation when its happening right in front of our eyes an under our noses. you can ignore it or pretend it dont exist. but that dont change the fact that its real.

So if I see a gay pride parade I should call the cops and say I just spotted a thousand child molesters?
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:27 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You’re correct, this was a mistake on my part. Romans 10:4 declares that Christ is the end law, and for righteousness you must only believe. However, I looked up discussions on the intent of this passage and it is trouble with translation from Greek and the intent behind the message is different, communicating more that “Christ’s actions and thoughts fulfill the law”.

However, my prior points still stands.

maybe this will help from the gospel center.

First and foremost, we must think of the “law of God” in terms of God. The triune God is the law because his will and nature is the moral standard of the universe. For this reason, God alone has the right and authority to determine what is right and wrong, and to hold his moral creatures, both human and angelic, accountable to whether they have perfectly obeyed his commands.

Scripture first and foremost identifies “the law of God” with God himself. God alone is the Judge of the earth (Gen. 18:25), who always acts consistently with who he is. To fail to grasp this point is to misunderstand who God is and the entire rationale for God’s glorious plan of redemption centered in the obedient life and substitutionary death of our Lord Jesus Christ.

As Creator and Lord, God rightfully deserves and demands perfect obedience and loyal love from his moral creatures, both human and angelic. In this context, the “law of God” refers to his specific commands and demand from us. In creation, this is reflected in God’s command to Adam (Gen. 2:16-17), which is more than a one-time command. Ultimately, God’s demand on Adam, his image-bearer and covenant creature, is to perfectly obey God in a relationship of love and trust.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So if I see a gay pride parade I should call the cops and say I just spotted a thousand child molesters?

no one said a parade equals molestors. that you trying to avoid the specifc topic again by pretending i said something differnt

what do you say to post 33. are you ok with that or no
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So what do you call the difference between a hand gun and ar 15?  Even as a non gun guy i feel like one can do more damage than the other. 

It depends on the handgun, and I could literally go on for hours.  It can all be explained by E=mc2.  The bigger the bullet, the faster it travels the more energy it's going to dump into a body when it hits.  A fast handgun velocity for a 9mm bullet is 1200 fps, the bullet weighing 125 grains, or .29 ounces.  A normal velocity for a standard AR15, or .223 Remington, round is 3200 fps for a bullet weighing 69 grains, or .16 ounces.  Again, that's a standard muzzle velocity versus a very high 9mm muzzle velocity. So the long gun round is traveling over 2.5 times the speed of a handgun round, hence it has far more energy to impart to whatever it hits.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2023, 05:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It depends on the handgun, and I could literally go on for hours.  It can all be explained by E=mc2.  The bigger the bullet, the faster it travels the more energy it's going to dump into a body when it hits.  A fast handgun velocity for a 9mm bullet is 1200 fps, the bullet weighing 125 grains, or .29 ounces.  A normal velocity for a standard AR15, or .223 Remington, round is 3200 fps for a bullet weighing 69 grains, or .16 ounces.  Again, that's a standard muzzle velocity versus a very high 9mm muzzle velocity. So the long gun round is traveling over 2.5 times the speed of a handgun round, hence it has far more energy to impart to whatever it hits.

ive ownd a wide variety of guns for over 40 years. anyone saying any handgun and ar15 are on same level in ways of doing the fastest most damage in a short spurt dont know what there talking about an shouldnt own guns. theres a clear reason why ar15 is weapon of choice for psycos doing these shootings.
Reply/Quote