Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keystone pipeline doesnt have to use american steel
(07-31-2017, 04:53 PM)Benton Wrote: The "true/mostly true" is — to me — even more telling. Trump is only true/mostly true 17% of the time.

83% of the time, he's — according to them — telling you something at least less than half true. That's almost unbelievable. 

Not claiming that Trump isn't a liar, but I think it is fair/necessary to point out that politifact is a part of the Tampa Bay Times, which is a liberal paper in a liberal leaning county, and gave Clinton their endorsement during the election.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(07-31-2017, 05:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not claiming that Trump isn't a liar, but I think it is fair/necessary to point out that politifact is a part of the Tampa Bay Times, which is a liberal paper in a liberal leaning county, and gave Clinton their endorsement during the election.

Nothing is perfect. And in today's media world, very few outlets aren't owned by a parent company. Ultimately, people have to use some common sense and decide on what sources are safer than others.

Anecdotal, but case in point: my parent company has endorsed Republicans in every state, local and federal election for at least the last three decades — most notably their support for Mitch McConnell — at their flagship. In nearly two decades, no one in management has ever asked me to endorse anyone, or make the papers I manage endorse anyone outside of one manager who got let go for influencing work; likewise, there's never been a discussion when I normally rail against McConnell, especially during election seasons (although I never endorse any party, because I don't like either one of the major two).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]