Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making anything good July 4th?
Making anything good this weekend?

Weather pending, I'm planning to smoke some babybacks & then get some good white fish & shrimp to grill/smoke (w/old bay) when the ribs are resting.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am going to cover a pork shoulder with ketchup and bake it in the oven until it is black
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am going to cover a pork shoulder with ketchup and bake it in the oven until it is black

Be sure to share pictures.  That sounds delicious...
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am going to cover a pork shoulder with ketchup and bake it in the oven until it is black

Curious as to why ketchup and not BBQ sauce?  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 09:08 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Curious as to why ketchup and not BBQ sauce?  

He likes to slap his dick on the meat after its done. THATS WHY. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 10:10 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He likes to slap his dick on the meat after its done. THATS WHY. 

Oh.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 10:10 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: He likes to slap his dick on the meat after its done. THATS WHY. 

He likes to add his own 'special' sauce to his meat.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I have two Boston Butts soaking in my homemade brine as we speak.....about 15.5 lbs worth.  On Thursday, I will remove them, inject them, and rub them with my homemade injection and rub, and let them set overnight.  Friday about 3:30 PM, I'll start a smoke of about 23 hours at 220 degrees.  After I get that going, I'll make a mess of my famous collard greens on a REAL slow and low simmer.  About 3 or so on Saturday, I'll pull the shoulder butts out of the smoker, wrap them in foil and then old towels, and rest them in a cooler for about 2-3 hours....stuffing all air voids with towels.  Me and about forty of my closest friends will then chow down on those and the pot luck brought in.  Then, around 7:30, using a LCD projector, we are going to broadcast the Fare Thee Well show from Soldier Field LIVE onto the gabled end of my house, using a JVC surround system......complete with a fireworks show during the intermission of the concert.  It's gonna be epic....... Excited

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

You think I am weird check this out.

(06-30-2015, 01:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: On Thursday, I will remove them, inject them, and rub them with my homemade injection and rub, 
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 01:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: I have two Boston Butts soaking in my homemade brine as we speak.....about 15.5 lbs worth.  On Thursday, I will remove them, inject them, and rub them with my homemade injection and rub, and let them set overnight.  Friday about 3:30 PM, I'll start a smoke of about 23 hours at 220 degrees.  After I get that going, I'll make a mess of my famous collard greens on a REAL slow and low simmer.  About 3 or so, I'll pull the shoulder butts out of the smoker, rap them in foil and then old towels, and rest them in a cooler for about 2-3 hours....stuffing all air voids with towels.  Me and about forty of my closest friends will then chow down on those and the pot luck brought in.  Then, around 7:30, using a LCD projector, we are going to broadcast the Fare Thee Well show from Soldier Field LIVE onto the gabled end of my house, using a JVC surround system......complete with a fireworks show during the intermission of the concert.  It's gonna be epic....... Excited

The term "epic" is overused, but this time I agree.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 02:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You think I am weird check this out.
Dr Wyche's therapeutic root injection. Wink
(06-30-2015, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The term "epic" is overused, but this time I agree.

Yes, I agree it is often overused......and I appreciate the agreement with my usage here. I feel I am using the word accordingly.....Saturday is gonna be a damn fine day/night here in the Bluegrass.... ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 12:15 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Making anything good this weekend?

Weather pending, I'm planning to smoke some babybacks & then get some good white fish & shrimp to grill/smoke (w/old bay) when the ribs are resting.

You had me at baby backs.............

[Image: jerrymaguire.jpg]

You had me at baby backs 

Don't know what we have planned, but we'll probably go over to our friends house who lives on a lake and he cooks some amazing ribs, along with corn, baked beans, and whatever else, and it's pretty amazing.

Then he puts on this "Big Kahuna" show where he gets dressed up like a tribal Hawaiian guy and has this torch on a stick that he twirls around and dances.......  it's hilarious!
Reply/Quote
Hey Millhouse, you use the 2-2-1 method on your babybacks? I got awesome results using a little bit of butter,honey,cuder, and brown sugar during tge foil stage last time I smoked some.

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 08:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hey Millhouse, you use the 2-2-1 method on your babybacks?  I got awesome results using a little bit of butter,honey,cuder, and brown sugar during tge foil stage last time I smoked some.

Im going to cheat this time due to limited space. After smoking the ribs for a couple of hours, I was going to foil them with just brown sugar, honey, & squeezeable butter (like I see the BBQ pitmasters do lol), and then finish them in my oven at 275. I did this before, and they were almost fall off the bone with just the right amount of smoke. I think its a great method for beginners like myself that doesnt have a good smoker that keeps even temps.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Lobster with shrimp stuffing over hot melted butter, and fresh steamers and alot of double IPA beer!
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 08:03 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hey Millhouse, you use the 2-2-1 method on your babybacks?  I got awesome results using a little bit of butter,honey,cuder, and brown sugar during tge foil stage last time I smoked some.

Don't forget a touch of Tiger Sauce.  Saw that on a Pitmaster show, and was skeptical.  Tried it, and was quite impressed.
Haven't done it in competition yet, but I am quite tempted.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 10:36 PM)GodFather Wrote: Lobster with shrimp stuffing over hot melted butter, and fresh steamers and alot of double IPA beer!

PM me your address.  I'll be there.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 10:43 PM)Harmening Wrote: PM me your address.  I'll be there.

for the lobster or beer? LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2015, 11:02 PM)GodFather Wrote: for the lobster or beer? LOL

Just your address.  Both will be there.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'm not making anything this year, but that's because I will be doing plenty of eating. I volunteered to help with my city's celebration this year and I will be assisting with the BBQ cookoff. Real BBQ, mind you. My job in the morning will be to get the competitors all situated in their spots, and then I am going to judge when they are done. I get free food and free beer and it's going to be a glorious day.
Reply/Quote