Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
man made earthquakes
Just read a book where earthquakes play an important role in the story (The Ground Beneath Her Feet)

At one point in the book the U.S. government brags that it has used its newest weapon system (man made earthquakes) to force quick peaceful resolutions in a couple of serious military conflicts.  But when major earthquakes become more and more common around the world yet don't occur in the United States the rest of the world blames every earthquake on the United States.

So do you think we have anyone doing research on this?  I don't know about earthquakes, but I have often thought that there would be ways to influence the weather.  Drought, floods, or severe storms could all be powerful weapons.
Reply/Quote
Well, people believe HAARP is such a weapon. Nicola Tesla claimed to have created a weapon that could split the earth in two, though I don't know how accurate that claim is. I've seen videos of geographic engineers(?) claiming to create very small but measurable earth quakes.

Really, nothing has stopped man from obtaining most of what he can imagine. I believe as long as we're around, we will one day obtain everything we can imagine, permitted by physics. With that in mind, I believe military's/governments with the means, will leave no stone unturned investigated and experimenting with whatever we can imagine, even if that's staring at goats or manipulating the elements.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_resonance
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2016, 11:32 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Well, people believe HAARP is such a weapon. 

HAARP sounds exactly like a secret weather control experiment, but there is really no evidence at all to back it up.

Some people even claim the St. Louis arch is a weather control machine.

(03-06-2016, 11:32 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Nicola Tesla claimed to have created a weapon that could split the earth in two, though I don't know how accurate that claim is. 

Anyone other than Tesla and I am calling 100% BS, but Tesla was a super freak.  So with him there is a chance it was true.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 12:38 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanical_resonance

That is what cause that famous suspension bridge collapse in the 50's.  It started oscillating in the wind and the waves just got bigger and bigger.
Reply/Quote
I'd like to rephrase what I said about Tesla. I meant to say that he claimed he created a device that could crack the earth in two. Not a weapon.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Earthquakes are rocks breaking or broken rocks moving. As someone who had an intro to geology class, I'd guess if you had a big enough explosion underground close enough to a fault line, it would cause a shift and an earthquake would result. Given the size, it would have to be a pretty significant explosion, or multiple explosion at the same time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 11:28 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I'd like to rephrase what I said about Tesla. I meant to say that he claimed he created a device that could crack the earth in two. Not a weapon.

Either way, my question is this--what the hell was he thinking?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hope they don't have that because you know they would be dying to see if it works.

There does seem to be alot of earthquakes in divers places these days.
Reply/Quote
-Fracking... Hillary Supports fracking...

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is what cause that famous suspension bridge collapse in the 50's.  It started oscillating in the wind and the waves just got bigger and bigger.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:46 PM)Beaker Wrote:

Man oh man.  I believe that was caused because the sides of the deck were solid and didn't allow the high winds that constantly blew to pass through.  Nobody ever built a bridge that way again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 11:28 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I'd like to rephrase what I said about Tesla. I meant to say that he claimed he created a device that could crack the earth in two. Not a weapon.

Not sure how could you call something that could crack the planet in two anything but a weapon.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 10:10 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Not sure how could you call something that could crack the planet in two anything but a weapon.

Like a shovel ?
Ninja
Reply/Quote
Sometimes my intestinal tract can cause earthquakes. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 12:03 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Sometimes my intestinal tract can cause earthquakes. Mellow

Mine sometimes act up in bed leading to what is commonly referred to the "Dutch Oven Effect." My wife finds it more troubling than I.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 08:18 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Mine sometimes act up in bed leading to what is commonly referred to the "Dutch Oven Effect." My wife finds it more troubling than I.

I am usually under the covers first and sometimes I will leave a good one trapped in there. My five will then throw back the covers to crawl in and be hit with a wall of it. I need to put a story about this in the farts thread.
Reply/Quote
fracking causes earthquakes almost daily in DFW....
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 12:19 AM)basballguy Wrote: fracking causes earthquakes almost daily in DFW....

Just read an shocking story in Time Magazine about all the earthquakes in Oklahoma.

that is some scary shit.  Like a 900% increase in 5 yuears.  and they are not all small tremors.

It has gotten so crazy that the natural gas industry finally had to admit they were cause the problem.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 01:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Just read an shocking story in Time Magazine about all the earthquakes in Oklahoma.

that is some scary shit.  Like a 900% increase in 5 yuears.  and they are not all small tremors.

It has gotten so crazy that the natural gas industry finally had to admit they were cause the problem.

Nothing like hosing a large amount of Native Americans again, eh ?
Reply/Quote