Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nc school system to allow defensive sprays
(05-24-2016, 10:27 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm of the mind schools barely teach anything that helps you as an adult anyways. Sure it doesn't hurt knowing what osmosis is, but it'd be way more helpful if I came out of high school knowing how to balance a checkbook or the how's and when's of contacting the correct lawyer for what you need done in the legal system.

But at least I had to relearn the generals of the Civil WAR every year for 8 straight years.

Yeah, checkbook and other life skills would be important.

Favorite General ?

Apart from breaking the fish hook in Gettysburg, Dan Sickles is mine.
What a character !
(05-24-2016, 09:22 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Which might not be such a bad idea - gun safety and handling are important to know.

Definitely would've helped me make less stupid mistakes as a kid.

How much do you think the government would charge taxpayers to outfit every public school in the nation with firearms?  They need handguns, shotguns, assault rifles, and so on and so forth.  Are we also going to face the social and political backlash when people begin expressing concern about outfitting inner-city schools with as many guns and as much gun training as we give the clean-cut white kids?

Also, does every school need a firearms instructor now, or do we just assume one of the football coaches probably knows how to handle a gun.? This just sounds like a gigantic and expensive way to force taxpayers to subsidize firearms manufacturers.  Call me a cynic! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-24-2016, 12:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How much do you think the government would charge taxpayers to outfit every public school in the nation with firearms?  They need handguns, shotguns, assault rifles, and so on and so forth.  Are we also going to face the social and political backlash when people begin expressing concern about outfitting inner-city schools with as many guns and as much gun training as we give the clean-cut white kids?

Also, does every school need a firearms instructor now, or do we just assume one of the football coaches probably knows how to handle a gun.? This just sounds like a gigantic and expensive way to force taxpayers to subsidize firearms manufacturers.  Call me a cynic! 

Oh I'm not saying there wouldn't be a backlash from unrealistic people who think guns create more problems than they solve.

I'm just saying schools should teach things worth learning that may actually be useful in life.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-24-2016, 12:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How much do you think the government would charge taxpayers to outfit every public school in the nation with firearms?  They need handguns, shotguns, assault rifles, and so on and so forth.  Are we also going to face the social and political backlash when people begin expressing concern about outfitting inner-city schools with as many guns and as much gun training as we give the clean-cut white kids?

Also, does every school need a firearms instructor now, or do we just assume one of the football coaches probably knows how to handle a gun.?  This just sounds like a gigantic and expensive way to force taxpayers to subsidize firearms manufacturers.  Call me a cynic! 

Who's teaching the pepper spray safety classes?  Is that an elective?  Sign me up!
They should treat non-lethal defense weapons like some LE agencies and some military units do, you have to have it used on you before you can carry it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
such a bummer

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/rowan-county-schools-nixes-pepper-spray-policy/212406492
People suck
It got revoked, but that school official is a dipturd. Couple things here. One is that a lot of girls already carry pepper spray regardless, and if they dont they should for non-trans reasons. But now because this was made an issue when there was no issue to be made of, they may be a lot more wary of carrying it to school in their purses in fear of getting in trouble, all because of said dipturd's decision that obviously would make the news.

Secondly, does that school system have any transgenders in it, or have they seen transgenders use the bathrooms after-hours? I'm guessing no, and dipturd official probably just wanted to make the news or at the very least put his own opinion in action without regard to common sense.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-24-2016, 12:50 PM)Griever Wrote: such a bummer

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/rowan-county-schools-nixes-pepper-spray-policy/212406492

Too bad. I heard the students were excited, they were planning on using it to flavor the all wheat diet they're force fed.

Thanks, Obama. Now the kids have to deal with transgender attacks in the bathroom and bland food.

Mellow
(05-23-2016, 08:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I found it wise not to stop them once they get going. 

Told you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-24-2016, 01:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Too bad. I heard the students were excited, they were planning on using it to flavor the all wheat diet they're force fed.

Thanks, Obama. Now the kids have to deal with transgender attacks in the bathroom and bland food.

Mellow

wont someone think of the children?!
People suck
(05-24-2016, 12:04 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh I'm not saying there wouldn't be a backlash from unrealistic people who think guns create more problems than they solve.

I'm just saying schools should teach things worth learning that may actually be useful in life.

I think even pro-gun people wouldn't be too happy their taxes were going to send thousands of assault rifles to the inner city.

(05-24-2016, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Told you.

Serious question, how much yoga does one have to do before he can self-fellate the way you do?  
(05-24-2016, 03:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think even pro-gun people wouldn't be too happy their taxes were going to send thousands of assault rifles to the inner city.

Serious question, how much yoga does one have to do before he can self-fellate the way you do?  

are we asking for auto-fellatio tips?
People suck
(05-24-2016, 03:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Serious question, how much yoga does one have to do before he can self-fellate the way you do?  

This made me think of a page from Saga that I saw recently.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-24-2016, 03:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Serious question, how much yoga does one have to do before he can self-fellate the way you do?  

Well I don't have to be as limber as most. But keep working; you'll eventually get there.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

How else can you wash you ********* in a public bathroom sink?  Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-24-2016, 01:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Too bad. I heard the students were excited, they were planning on using it to flavor the all wheat diet they're force fed.

Mellow

Damn, they could have used the pepper spray to spice up the food..
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-24-2016, 04:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: This made me think of a page from Saga that I saw recently.

great comic
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-24-2016, 05:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: How else can you wash you ********* in a public bathroom sink?  Cool

Carry your soapbox everywhere. 
(05-24-2016, 04:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I don't have to be as limber as most. But keep working; you'll eventually get there.

I can't self-fellate because I'm a masochist but NOT a sadist.  It's a constant struggle, I tells ya!