Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
new design idea for NFL stadiums
Instead of building a section of "club seats" it would be much cheaper to just have a parking garage section open to the stadium so that people could park and tailgate at their cars while they watch the game.  

Same concept as a drive-in theater.  Each parking space would be expensive, but it could be shared by several people.  And you could pay a lot more money for the space if you were going to be bringing your own food and drink.  

It would definitely be cheaper to build.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 05:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Instead of building a section of "club seats" it would be much cheaper to just have a parking garage section open to the stadium so that people could park and tailgate at their cars while they watch the game.  

Same concept as a drive-in theater.  Each parking space would be expensive, but it could be shared by several people.  And you could pay a lot more money for the space if you were going to be bringing your own food and drink.  

It would definitely be cheaper to build.

they would have to inspect your car... as people carry weapons in their car and could have a clear shot of the field. unless they were blocked off by bullet proof glass and had no access to the stadium itself
Reply/Quote
people would also be able to sneak their own food and booze "into the stadium" so to speak...concession money go bye bye. people blasting their own tunes out of each car would get annoying as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:23 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: people would also be able to sneak their own food and booze "into the stadium" so to speak...concession money go bye bye.  people blasting their own tunes out of each car would get annoying as well.

People would pay extra for the right to bring in their own food and drink.  That would make up for the lost concession revenue.

People blasting music would be treated just like any other fans in the stadium who are annoying or disruptive.  They would have to turn it down or be removed.  Before the game they can do whatever they want just like they do currently in the parking lots.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People would pay extra for the right to bring in their own food and drink.  That would make up for the lost concession revenue.

People blasting music would be treated just like any other fans in the stadium who are annoying or disruptive.  They would have to turn it down or be removed.  Before the game they can do whatever they want just like they do currently in the parking lots.

assume every person spends an average of 30 beans at the game so you can charge that per head and a flat fee for each vehicle to park in the Fred zone.  might work.

You would have to design it in a way that no knuckle headed drunk, drives his car over or through the barricade and plummets into the crowd as well.   maybe the Fred zone can be in the end zones or something with nothing below them.  Just a stacked lot and the seated crowd along the sides of the stadium.

somebody with Photoshop skills should get on this lol
Reply/Quote
This seems like a pretty lousy idea.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 09:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This seems like a pretty lousy idea.

You are dead to me.
Reply/Quote
.......or, you could just stay at the tailgate and bring a big screen
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Easy terrorist target. Just sayin'
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 10:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are dead to me.

Ok, mom.
Reply/Quote
Only Clear Plastic cars will be allowed. per NFL Policy

[Image: article-2417772-1BC24545000005DC-17_634x421.jpg]
Reply/Quote
On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the worst, 10 the best) this idea is a solid F.

Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2015, 10:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are dead to me.

LOL.....

I honestly think the atmosphere would ROCK!!...  I always wondered why the stadium would not play the game live outside on a jumbo tron..   and sell things outside.. I think this would be the greatest thing ever!!  section off spots around the stadium still charge.. but even if we wanted to line up around Elm Street...  and section it off.. why not.. I have always thought this was a great idea.. some people just don't care so much for the in stadium experience.. but this would give those who wanted to watch the game and feel some atmosphere the right to do so... and it would bring community to the area as well..  
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 12:47 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Easy terrorist target.  Just sayin'

Don't let terroristic people control our ideas man DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2015, 04:06 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: LOL.....

I honestly think the atmosphere would ROCK!!...  I always wondered why the stadium would not play the game live outside on a jumbo tron..   and sell things outside.. I think this would be the greatest thing ever!!  section off spots around the stadium still charge.. but even if we wanted to line up around Elm Street...  and section it off.. why not.. I have always thought this was a great idea.. some people just don't care so much for the in stadium experience.. but this would give those who wanted to watch the game and feel some atmosphere the right to do so... and it would bring community to the area as well..  

hes not talking about that hes talking about driving up and into the stadium
Reply/Quote