Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
news flash d-line disappears in Carolina
How can a d-line look so bad against a team that's missing three of their starters? Didn't Atkins , the all pro, make the trip? I hope the D-coordinator doesn't have to wait too long to file a missing person report. The defensive performance was pathetic at best.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we should ask for refunds on the recent contracts...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Seriously every time I think the Bengals D-Line is gonna tee off on a team the lay a huge egg. Seriously outside of Dunlap that was a joke of a performance. What happened to the new attacking press defense. Absolutely no adjustments made by the coach staff after half-time.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if they were so worried about Cam running the ball they played too conservative.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: How can a d-line look so bad against a team that's missing three of their starters? Didn't Atkins , the all pro, make the trip? I hope the D-coordinator doesn't have to wait too long to file a missing person report. The defensive performance was pathetic at best.

Didn’t the Bengals have their best rushing games last year with several backups? Maybe Carolina picks their starters like the Bengals.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:12 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: How can a d-line look so bad against a team that's missing three of their starters? Didn't Atkins , the all pro, make the trip? I hope the D-coordinator doesn't have to wait too long to file a missing person report. The defensive performance was pathetic at best.

He has 3 sacks this year. Which is on Pace for 16 for a season. The Panthers threw the ball only 24 times and a lot of them were quick short passes. If you want to blame someone blame our dumbass Coordinator who can't figure out what a spy is or how to teach contain and staying in the rush lanes.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yep...this was the most disappointing aspect of today's game. I thought the d-line would dominate this game. Instead, Carolina lined up and ran it down their throats. Gotta play better next week against Atlanta.
Reply/Quote
I'll be interested to see the all 22s on this. To me it looked like they were abusing the linebackers for guessing and being out of their gaps. Between anchoring the line with the need to defend the run and the need to maintain rush lane integrity because of the QB rushing threat, the D-line was neutralized. Hopefully Brown can be back next week.
Reply/Quote
The DL played as hard as they could. I tried to warn everyone that the interior of the Carolina OL was pretty strong.. What did McCaffery have, 184 yards? That is the key to the entire ball game, right there. We knew that the Bengals defense struggled with the rush, and Carolina exploited it, over and over, with McCaffery and Newton.

Didn't help matters that Shawn Williams had at least 3 penalties that cost the Bengals defense dearly, when they could have used an out..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The DL played as hard as they could.  I tried to warn everyone that the interior of the Carolina OL was pretty strong..  What did McCaffery have, 184 yards?  That is the key to the entire ball game, right there.  We knew that the Bengals defense struggled with the rush, and Carolina exploited it, over and over, with McCaffery and Newton.

Didn't help matters that Shawn Williams had at least 3 penalties that cost the Bengals defense dearly, when they could have used an out..

^This^

Lack of pass rush didn't beat us. Giving up 230 yards rushing did ! Like you say add in Williams penalties giving up 1st downs on what would have been stops. AJ going out and Ross chasing butterflies around on the field instead of playing football and that's why we lost.
Reply/Quote
We ran the ball 13 times and had 4 TFLs. They ran it 41 times and had 3 TFLs.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The DL played as hard as they could.  I tried to warn everyone that the interior of the Carolina OL was pretty strong..  What did McCaffery have, 184 yards?  That is the key to the entire ball game, right there.  We knew that the Bengals defense struggled with the rush, and Carolina exploited it, over and over, with McCaffery and Newton.

Williams also didn't make Cam pay for running the ball in the red zone. On the 2nd TD run he stood frozen in the end zone while Cam ran right at him. If he keeps being a liability I think Fed should replace him. Brains beat brawn in the new NFL.
Reply/Quote
Billings hasn’t made a play since the preseason versus the Bills . We need him to anchor the middle, think he has some conditioning issues always looks gassed , will need to lean on him more if the Glasgow injury is serious. The linebackers missed tackles and didn’t fill hopefully with Brown and Bufict coming back it will help. The run defense killed us last season on defense we definitely need to improve in that area.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 07:09 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Williams also didn't make Cam pay for running the ball in the red zone. On the 2nd TD run he stood frozen in the end zone while Cam ran right at him. If he keeps being a liability I think Fed should replace him. Brains beat brawn in the new NFL.

Shawn Williams is proving to be much more of a liability, than an asset to the team this season.  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Because despite what many around here will tell you Cam is a great NFL QB. You have to respect his ability to run,so you cannot sell out on pass rush. WTS, I thought Big Los looked pretty good, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Well, it kind of neutralizes a pass rush when you go into a game knowing you're facing a quarterback that can take off running at any time and gash you. Couple that with having to pick their poison in the ground game when their interior line started blowing open holes for McCaffrey, and it's tough to pin your ears back and be aggressive. This team doesn't not have the caliber of player in the linebacking corps to stop a team that can run like the Panthers.

I think the linebackers are the second biggest weakness on this team, right after the right side of the OL. I'm not so sure the backers aren't the worst now. We're running out two guys in Evans and Nickerson that are a 6th round pick and a UDFA. Neither of these guys fell because of behavioral issues or injury. They fell because they aren't really all that great. Nickerson is slow and Evans is small and lack physicality. Carolina was a terrible matchup for that group. We'd better hope we get Brown and Burfict in the lineup quick or teams with plus ground games will have their way with the defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 06:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He has 3 sacks this year. Which is on Pace for 16 for a season. The Panthers threw the ball only 24 times and a lot of them were quick short passes. If you want to blame someone blame our dumbass Coordinator who can't figure out what a spy is or how to teach contain and staying in the rush lanes.

I love Geno. But there's a difference between not getting a sack and being a complete nonfactor. He unfortunately was the later today. He was completely dominated along with the rest of the line outside Dunlap. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 10:58 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I love Geno. But there's a difference between not getting a sack and being a complete nonfactor. He unfortunately was the later today. He was completely dominated along with the rest of the line outside Dunlap. 

Well PFF said he had a good game with a couple of hurries. Seemed to blame the LBers for the run game rather than the D line.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 11:24 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Well PFF said he had a good game with a couple of hurries. Seemed to blame the LBers for the run game rather than the D line.

PFF also said Mixon had a bad game against the colts. 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2018, 11:37 PM)Sweetness Wrote: PFF also said Mixon had a bad game against the colts. 

Well sometimes there wrong lol... Anyways I saw a lot of quick passes today and a lot of soft coverage. I think that was more of our struggles in the passing game then the Dline.
J24

Reply/Quote