Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next up-Aaron Glenn
(02-14-2019, 05:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: As you pointed out to me, Glenn was a helluva DB.  I'm not really a big Pleasant backer either.  The thing with Glenn, I just look at some of the passing defense stats, and the secondary performance is a little bothersome.  Of course, he isn't calling the plays, so......

I agree. One player (rookie of the year) doesn't answer for the rest of the underperforming unit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Pat Kirwan on Sirius today spoke highly of A-A-Ron.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:34 PM)McC Wrote: It just seems like a tried and true path to DC and often, on to HC.  Maybe it's just me, but I see significance in such details.

It's an interesting theory.....no doubt. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/11/18220353/florida-gators-football-bengals-todd-grantham-nfl-rumors-news

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/12/18221866/bengals-florida-gators-football-todd-grantham-nfl-news-sec

yeah but there was no hes interviewing today etc....

no word about expect we requested and apparently did interview him..  He must have been extremely underwhelming or is Grantham that big of a name he gets more attention?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Every option now seems like plan M, N, O, P.

This is increasingly embarrassing.

ZT isn't in LA anymore. I'm sure he feels it now.

If you think any of this will deter him, you have not listened to or observed the guy much.   This will just further motivate him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
well if it makes us feel better it looks like WE turned down del rio according to this lol

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/2/14/18225354/bengals-jack-del-rio-nfl-news-rumors-zac-taylor
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's an interesting theory.....no doubt. :andy:

Nah, it's prolly just me.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
He can't coach the D, so him being motivated doesn't do much.

Looking at Glenn's coaching history, not sure how anyone thinks he's ready for a DC position.

Reply/Quote
There have to be more than 2-3 guys in coaching that are ready to be good DC's.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: He can't coach the D, so him being motivated doesn't do much.

Looking at Glenn's coaching history, not sure how anyone thinks he's ready for a DC position.

Okay.  Not my job to talk you down, so go on with it.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There have to be more than 2-3 guys in coaching that are ready to be good DC's.

Staffs are set. I can't imagine teams still willing to let Assistant coaches go and it's almost March. Teams are preparing for the Draft and implementing new systems and self scouting.

That put's them in bad spots. I have no problem with them denying requests at this point. There shouldn't be teams in our shape so close to the new league year that starts in less than a month (but that's what happens when you don't get the coaches lined up for a HC heading to the SB, with the team already having a shaky rep around the league).

So the options have to be limited if they are currently employed.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:14 PM)McC Wrote: Okay.  Not my job to talk you down, so go on with it.

I'm just living in reality. You've been telling us all is fine since the Superbowl, and we still have no DC, LBC, DLC. Players don't know the system or what they should be preparing for. Dunlap is even speaking out on the confusion. They report April 1st, and no one on D can prepare for that quickly approaching date. All this with free agency weeks away.

And we won't even mention the Coaches needed to scout the draft. They've already missed the E/W week and game, as well as the Seniorbowl. Scouting combine is in 2 weeks, and they may miss that the way this is going. Not good when we only have 2 scouts.

This isn't good. No matter how positive you want to be.

But I applaud your faith in what we are witnessing.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm just living in reality. You've been telling us all is fine since the Superbowl, and we still have no DC, LBC, DLC. Players don't know the system or what they should be preparing for, They report April 1st, and no one on D can prepare for that quickly approaching date. All this with free agency weeks away.

I guess I've just gotten so old that I finally realized the futility of fretting about things I have no way to change.  It'll either work or it won't.  And only time will tell one way or the other.  We can debate it all day long but we just plain won't know until at least September.  It's a story, and the plot twists just make it more interesting.  Kick back and enjoy the show.

I'm not predicting some grand success, but if I did, it wouldn't have any more to back it up than to predict it will all fail.

Call me crazy, but I just have a feeling about this guy Zac.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:33 PM)McC Wrote: I guess I've just gotten so old that I finally realized the futility of fretting about things I have no way to change.  It'll either work or it won't.  And only time will tell one way or the other.  We can debate it all day long but we just plain won't know until at least September.  It's a story, and the plot twists just make it more interesting.  Kick back and enjoy the show.

I'm not predicting some grand success, but if I did, it wouldn't have any more to back it up than to predict it will all fail.

Call me crazy, but I just have a feeling about this guy Zac.

You'll live longer than me it sounds like. That's certainly the way to think.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm just living in reality. You've been telling us all is fine since the Superbowl, and we still have no DC, LBC, DLC. Players don't know the system or what they should be preparing for. Dunlap is even speaking out on the confusion. They report April 1st, and no one on D can prepare for that quickly approaching date. All this with free agency weeks away.

And we won't even mention the Coaches needed to scout the draft. They've already missed the E/W week and game, as well as the Seniorbowl. Scouting combine is in 2 weeks, and they may miss that the way this is going. Not good when we only have 2 scouts.

I am sure these guys will all be announced very soon. I am with McC and am not stressing out yet. But if it goes another week without a DC hire and those other spots filled i will start to fret. All you need is video now and it is everywhere, all the coaches that are out there have been watching tape i am sure.

You think they are not?

Everyone watched the Senior Bowl and you can play it again and study the players.

Also have heard we have a lot more scouts than just 2 and we just added another one pretty much as an assistant regional manager.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Martin lewis
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
In all honesty just hire Marquand. The players fit his scheme perfectly.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 07:09 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In all honesty just hire Marquand. The players fit his scheme perfectly.

You mean the guy who couldn't coach a stop at the end of a game to save his life? We already had that in Austin.

It's time to just promote one of the DB coaches. We are getting mocked.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 07:00 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

It's all good, for now.

Elko or Rex Ryan.
Reply/Quote