Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
other roster moves 8/30
(08-30-2016, 12:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Still not sure about this front office. The Browns can trade Punters for 4th round picks, have double the draft picks in each round for the next 2 years (not including comps), yet this front office with the "deepest roster in the league" can't trade anyone. Weird. Browns are set with these moves. Not sure how such poor and talentless roster can bring so much in return. Props to their front office. Wish the Bengals front office was a little more savvy.

Andy Lee is one of the best Punters in the league. He decided not to tackle on a kick return in a preseason game and they got rid of him....which is why they are the browns. The Panthers had made it very clear they wanted a good punter coming in to season. They are built on field position and value that position highly.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 03:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: Andy Lee is one of the best Punters in the league. He decided not to tackle on a kick return in a preseason game and they got rid of him....which is why they are the browns. The Panthers had made it very clear they wanted a good punter coming in to season. They are built on field position and value that position highly.

I think it's more along the lines of "Andy Lee WAS one of the best Punters in the league."

He hasn't been to a Pro Bowl since 2011, hasn't been All-Pro since 2012. He's 34 years old now.

2015:
Lee-  46.7 avg/40.1 net
Huber- 45.8 avg/40.5 net

2014:
Lee- 46.8 avg/39.6 net
Huber- 46.8 avg/42.1 net

Huber is a good Punter, but nobody has confused him with the best in the league and he's been arguably better. I think as long as the Punter you get in return isn't total crap, the margin of difference is so small that the draft pick makes it worth it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
almost forgot about Thompson. We gotta a stud lineup in the training room. We should be peaking around playoff time, hope we make it in
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quick question, what's the reasoning behind putting a guy on waivers with the injury designation vs straight to IR?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 03:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Quick question, what's the reasoning behind putting a guy on waivers with the injury designation vs straight to IR?

prevents team, technically, from just stashing a healthy guy or soon to be healthy guy on IR.  It forces the team to take the risk that some other team may decide that player is healthy enough to take a risk on.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Still not sure about this front office. The Browns can trade Punters for 4th round picks, have double the draft picks in each round for the next 2 years (not including comps), yet this front office with the "deepest roster in the league" can't trade anyone. Weird. Browns are set with these moves. Not sure how such poor and talentless roster can bring so much in return. Props to their front office. Wish the Bengals front office was a little more savvy.
[quote pid='253443' dateline='1472572055']
Tell me about their "savvy" when they stop embarrasing themselves on Sundays. 
Many Browns fans are not happy with their FO analytical approach. Trading two Porshes for six Chargers. 
Remember Bill Beans analytical money ball Oakland teams were ok but never won a pennant.
[/quote]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:25 PM)pally Wrote: Billings to IR
Thompson to PUP
Alford waived with injury designation will revert to season ending IR if not picked up

with the Tate move we are at 75

Interesting no moves on Peerman and WJIII
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Interesting no moves on Peerman and WJIII

If we plan on keeping one on the designated to return list we cannot move them until after we announce our 53.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:25 PM)pally Wrote: Billings to IR
Thompson to PUP
Alford waived with injury designation will revert to season ending IR if not picked up

with the Tate move we are at 75

The Tate move?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bridgwater may have tore his ACL today, would go to IR and maybe a potential landing spot to AJM?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:30 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Bridgwater may have tore his ACL today, would go to IR and maybe a potential landing spot to AJM?

Could easily see this plus simmer has the bengals ties so even more so but it seems like a serious injury
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:30 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Bridgwater may have tore his ACL today, would go to IR and maybe a potential landing spot to AJM?

Really?  Was it at practice?  What would your QB be doing in practice to do that?  That suxx.  Zim is building something up there.  This would have to be a huge setback.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:44 PM)McC Wrote: Really?  Was it at practice?  What would your QB be doing in practice to do that?  That suxx.  Zim is building something up there.  This would have to be a huge setback.

Non-contact injury.  They even called an ambulance to the field.  Not good.
Reply/Quote

do you remember last season?  we needed AJM for a quarter of the season.  Bridgewater would be the 2nd starting QB to go down in already in preaseason...and you want to trade away one the better backups in the league.  Thank goodness we have Duke in charge of personnel instead of you.

Look for Mark Sanchez to have a job after he gets cut.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 03:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: Andy Lee is one of the best Punters in the league. He decided not to tackle on a kick return in a preseason game and they got rid of him....which is why they are the browns. The Panthers had made it very clear they wanted a good punter coming in to season. They are built on field position and value that position highly.

I guess Hue is trying to send a message.

Seems pretty stupid to me.  I want my punter tackling in the preseason about as much as I want a QB tackling during an INT.  It's preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:46 PM)pally Wrote: do you remember last season?  we needed AJM for a quarter of the season.  Bridgewater would be the 2nd starting QB to go down in already in preaseason...and you want to trade away one the better backups in the league.  Thank goodness we have Duke in charge of personnel instead of you.

Look for Mark Sanchez to have a job after he gets cut.

I'm all for keeping AJM unless a stupid value becomes available...if you read the entire thread you would have seen that 

This is one of those cases of supply and demand.   A playoff caliber team losing a starter will probably be willing to give up more before a season already starts.
Reply/Quote

(08-30-2016, 04:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Could easily see this plus simmer has the bengals ties so even more so but it seems like a serious injury

Very doubtful that we're trading AJ to Vikings. The only guy to backup Andy would be Wenning, unless we go out and find some scrap heap vet. Also, if they did trade for him, it's not going to be a lot in return for compensation. AJ would get one year and go right back to being a backup because Teddy is the Minnesota starter. Zimmer and Spielman picked him to guide their franchise so they're going to give him time.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:45 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Non-contact injury.  They even called an ambulance to the field.  Not good.

Damn.  I like Teddy.  He's got big things in his future.  Now it all gets pushed back a year.

Amazing how many of these there are.  Jordy Nelson last year.  Didn't get touched.

Reply/Quote
They are reporting that they were putting an air cast on him. That's not usually what they do for an ACL. Cast usually means a break but man an NFL athlete should break a bone without some sort of contact

TJ Yates's agent is already tweeting the free agent is cleared and available for play.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 04:55 PM)pally Wrote: They are reporting that they were putting an air cast on him.  That's not usually what they do for an ACL.  Cast usually means a break but man an NFL athlete should break a bone without some sort of contact

TJ Yates's agent is already tweeting the free agent is cleared and available for play.

But unless he's playing the Bengals, he has been known to suck.

Reply/Quote