Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
other roster moves 8/30
(08-30-2016, 05:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: You guys can slam me all you want, but the "deepest team in the league" can't trade anyone, while the pitiful Browns can clean up from players like Bark, and Lee etc. That's all I'm saying. Seems like we could if we were supposedly so deep. Clearly we're not.

The Jacksonville game proved that beyond a doubt.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 06:21 PM)Derrick Wrote: The Jacksonville game proved that beyond a doubt.

Pre-season games don't prove how deep your team is.  It's not about how 11 2nd and 3rd stringers play together, its about how one or two backups can come in and play and not see a huge drop-off.

At this point, we are pretty deep.  You have to wonder about DE if one of our starters goes down.  WR is another question mark, but across the board, this team has guys 2 and 3 deep that could come in and start a couple games if needed.  That's the true definition of depth.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 06:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: And their war room will still only find 3 starters with all of them...

I have no doubt our front office would do better with the picks. I just want the picks. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: People pretend like McCarron came in and saved the season from disaster, but he beat the Blaine Gabbert 49ers and the Ryan Mallett Ravens.

He beat the steelers in the playoff game too...Jeremy Hill took it away from him.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 07:20 PM)Beaker Wrote: He beat the steelers in the playoff game too...Jeremy Hill took it away from him.

:heart:
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 07:20 PM)Beaker Wrote: He beat the steelers in the playoff game too...Jeremy Hill took it away from him.

56.1% completion, 212 passing yards, 5.2 YPA, 1 TD/1 INT... 5 rushes/9 yards, 3 fumbles/1 fumble lost

That is not beating anyone, let alone the 31st ranked pass defense.

He looked awful for 3/4ths of the game until the defense made it so he only needed to go 45 and 46 yards for TDs.

Jeremy Hill didn't take anything away from McCarron, he took it away from the defense who held the #4 scoring offense to 18 points despite the Bengals offense turning the ball over 4 times.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 06:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: I have no doubt our front office would do better with the picks. I just want the picks. 

Then we have to play bad enough to have the #2 pick in the draft.

You really want that?
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You do realize the Bengals will have extra picks in the 2017 draft? They got those picks by being very smart in their approach to free agency. They don't need to operate in a constant state of desperation...ala Cleveland. 

While I still have minor complaints from time to time, I've come to really trust the decision making of this front office.

Long live the Duke.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: while the pitiful Browns can clean up from players like Bark,

They just got a 5th round pick (most likely very late in the round) for a guy who was the 6th pick of the first round.

Hilarious Hilarious

Why can't the Bengal do something this awesome?

Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote

(08-30-2016, 08:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 56.1% completion, 212 passing yards, 5.2 YPA, 1 TD/1 INT... 5 rushes/9 yards, 3 fumbles/1 fumble lost

He looked awful for 3/4ths of the game until the defense made it so he only needed to go 45 and 46 yards for TDs.

Jeremy Hill didn't take anything away from McCarron, he took it away from the defense who held the #4 scoring offense to 18 points despite the Bengals offense turning the ball over 4 times.

The o-line, Hill, and the D were the reason we got to that position, and the o-line and Hill were courtesy of Ryan Shazier, because the manned the eff up after the cheap shot to Gio.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 05:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: I would have said the same about Lee.

then you would prove that you don't know what you are talking about.

Lee is 3X First Team All Pro.

He has finished in the top 10 in punting average 10 times and his career average is sixth all time in NFL history.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:31 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The o-line, Hill, and the D were the reason we got to that position, and the o-line and Hill were courtesy of Ryan Shazier, because the manned the eff up after the cheap shot to Gio.

Yep. 

If you're wondering why no one was beating our door down for AJ look at the playoff game and also how poorly he played versus zone. Once Denver went to zone he was neutered.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 56.1% completion, 212 passing yards, 5.2 YPA, 1 TD/1 INT... 5 rushes/9 yards, 3 fumbles/1 fumble lost

Sorry, but coming back from 15 points down in the 4th quarter to take the lead with just under two minutes to go is winning it. All the Bengals had to do was hold onto the ball for three plays and kick a FG.
He beat the steelers.
Hill gave it back to them.
No other way to cut it.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 12:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Still not sure about this front office. The Browns can trade Punters for 4th round picks, have double the draft picks in each round for the next 2 years (not including comps), yet this front office with the "deepest roster in the league" can't trade anyone. Weird. Browns are set with these moves. Not sure how such poor and talentless roster can bring so much in return. Props to their front office. Wish the Bengals front office was a little more savvy.

Not a good comparison, Browns front office vs. Bengals.  You can have all the picks you want and they're meaningless if you don't do anything with them.  The Bengals get more out of free agents than the Browns get out of their #1's.  And that's a fact!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yep. 

If you're wondering why no one was beating our door down for AJ look at the playoff game and also how poorly he played versus zone. Once Denver went to zone he was neutered.

That Denver defense neutered a lot of QBs.

Of the 16 starts against Denver last year McCarron had the 5th highest passer rating.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:39 PM)Beaker Wrote: Sorry, but coming back from 15 points down in the 4th quarter to take the lead with just under two minutes to go is winning it. All the Bengals had to do was hold onto the ball for three plays and kick a FG.
He beat the steelers.
Hill gave it back to them.
No other way to cut it.

Hill gave the ball to a crippled QB 90 yards from his endzone with less than 2 minutes left.

The defense (mainly Burfict and Jones) gave that game away
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then we have to play bad enough to have the #2 pick in the draft.

You really want that?

Or we can do a better job shopping our players we plan to cut. That's the point I've been trying to make.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 06:21 PM)Derrick Wrote: The Jacksonville game proved that beyond a doubt.

You can't tell a lot by all the backups being out there at once.  That only happens in the pre-season.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: then you would prove that you don't know what you are talking about.

Lee is 3X First Team All Pro.

He has finished in the top 10 in punting average 10 times and his career average is sixth all time in NFL history.

Give me a break Fred. Lee hasn't been good in years. And Mingo? Lol. Is worse than Hunt. Browns know how to trade people and get something (anything) out of them before cutting them. Don't slam them for it just cause the Bengals Front Office can't/won't try.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 08:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hill gave the ball to a crippled QB 90 yards from his endzone with less than 2 minutes left.

The defense (mainly Burfict and Jones) gave that game away

D would have come back on with the steelers having no timeouts, the clock under 1 minute and a 4 point lead if Hill didn't give it back. So there's that.
Reply/Quote