Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
remembering the preseason loss in Tampa
I watch in amusement as those same individuals that were trashing this team after that MNF preseason loss in Tampa are now back on the bandwagon so quickly..Too funny.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:02 PM)xavierdude Wrote: I watch in amusement as those same individuals that were trashing this team after that MNF preseason loss in Tampa are now back on the bandwagon so quickly..Too funny.

Please post this type of thread after a primetime game. Those are the games in which this team implodes; not 1pm games against the worst teams in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:02 PM)xavierdude Wrote: I watch in amusement as those same individuals that were trashing this team after that MNF preseason loss in Tampa are now back on the bandwagon so quickly..Too funny.

This was a 4:30 game.  They perform like that when the lights are on I'll be singing a different tune.  
Reply/Quote

Trashing? I saw people concerned about lackadaisical effort and suggesting they get their heads outta their asses before the season rolls around. They actually rectified it the following week against the Bears.

That horse shit performance just might've opened their eyes a little.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Here is the thing. Bodine struggles with really good defensive tackles, TB has one in McCoy. McCoy disrupted the pocket all night which made Dalton uncomfortable causing him to play horrible. When Dalton has no pressure he is a good QB, when he is pressured (especially up the middle) he does bad things at times, when he thinks he may get pressured he also does bad things almost like he is shell shocked.

If I had to guess right now I'd say he will struggle in the HOU, BUF, STL because in these games we will come across better than average DT which will cause pressure in his face.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Trashing? I saw people concerned about lackadaisical effort and suggesting they get their heads outta their asses before the season rolls around. They actually rectified it the following week against the Bears.

We will know soon enough.  Performances like yesterday are what make those types of games in primetime so frustrating.  If we sucked they would still be frustrating but at least there would be an explanation for why we hardly ever seem to show up.  
Reply/Quote
It was Oakland. Not Primetime. Could've saved that card for a little while longer.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Trashing? I saw people concerned about lackadaisical effort and suggesting they get their heads outta their asses before the season rolls around. They actually rectified it the following week against the Bears.

Yep.  People, me included, were concerned about how they played.  Is it wrong to want our team to play well and with some fire like yesterday and be happy when they do?  I must have missed that section in the Fan Rule Book.  Too many rules to read them all. Rolleyes
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:05 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: This was a 4:30 game.  They perform like that when the lights are on I'll be singing a different tune.  

every game is just a game.....    Mourning noon or night.
Reply/Quote
or maybe just maybe the team didn't like that effort they put forth at Tampa either and put a better one forward this week
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:12 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: We will know soon enough.  Performances like yesterday are what make those types of games in primetime so frustrating.  If we sucked they would still be frustrating but at least there would be an explanation for why we hardly ever seem to show up.  

Amen brother.....it's maddening.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 05:12 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: We will know soon enough.  Performances like yesterday are what make those types of games in primetime so frustrating.  If we sucked they would still be frustrating but at least there would be an explanation for why we hardly ever seem to show up.  

"Frustrating" is kind.  Let's hope the team, and coaching, has matured and is going to come out ready to play week in and week out.  Especially in front of national audiences...
Reply/Quote

That gem might have been a blessing in disguise.  Maybe it reminded the whole team that you have to being the A game every week and, because of that game, lackluster is no longer an option. 

Everybody enjoys a great win and you want to use it to slam fans.  Classic. 

Also, there ain't no bandwagon.  Bengal fans have earned their stripes.

Basically, what I'm saying is STFU.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

No such thing as a Bengals bandwagon so who cares.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Tampa game was a pathetic effort. Team deserved to be called out for that.

Reply/Quote
It's threads like these that make me wish this forum had negative rep...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:08 PM)McC Wrote: That gem might have been a blessing in disguise.  Maybe it reminded the whole team that you have to being the A game every week and, because of that game, lackluster is no longer an option. 

Everybody enjoys a great win and you want to use it to slam fans.  Classic. 

Also, there ain't no bandwagon.  Bengal fans have earned their stripes.

Basically, what I'm saying is STFU.

the gem was no blessing in disguise..it was a meaningless preseason game in which the bengals showed nothing of what was to be..you..and others..supposedly ardent bengal fans and supposedly knowledgable football fans wanted to fire the entire team after that meaningless game

it appears you know very little about football. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 11:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: No such thing as a Bengals bandwagon so who cares.

Not true!  I jumped on the Bengals bandwagon in 1988 and I simply forgot to jump off.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: every game is just a game.....    Mourning noon or night.

In the technical sense, yes. In the emotional sense, no.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2015, 01:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In the technical sense, yes. In the emotional sense, no.

Yeah, I tend to mourn the night games more often. 

Wink
Reply/Quote