• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roster moves 12/9-Jonah Williams
Darius Phillips activated from IR

and to no one's surprise

Jonah Williams to IR

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
From a Hobspin article.

Quote:Taylor had no update on left tackle Jonah Williams' knee injury. It's believed, at least initially, that he didn't tear a ligament. But even a sprain might end his season.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-notebook-coaches-defend-mike-thomas-special-teams-answer-again-searching
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:05 PM)Synric Wrote: From a Hobspin article.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-notebook-coaches-defend-mike-thomas-special-teams-answer-again-searching

If it had been a tear, esp of the ACL, we would have heard about it already.  I'm thinking he has an injury similar to the one that Andrew Whitworth suffered last month..a MCL injury of some sort which is usually a 3-6 week injury.  With a month left in a lost season it makes sense to bench him for the rest of it.  Let him heal and be ready for OTAs

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:13 PM)pally Wrote: If it had been a tear, esp of the ACL, we would have heard about it already.  I'm thinking he has an injury similar to the one that Andrew Whitworth suffered last month..a MCL injury of some sort which is usually a 3-6 week injury.  With a month left in a lost season it makes sense to bench him for the rest of it.  Let him heal and be ready for OTAs

Whitt had surgery 2 days after his injury so he did tear his MCL???
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Whitt had surgery 2 days after his injury so he did tear his MCL???

no surgery but grade 3 MCL tear.. but the Rams team doctor is the surgeon who did Joe's surgery

Reply/Quote
With just four games left in the season and playing PIT and BAL in two of them, it didn't make sense to risk Jonah with further injury even if he could play a game or two.
Good move to avoid further injury, more time to heal, and allow Adeniji/Johnson the opportunity to develop and show if they are worth being in consideration for a starting spot next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
When was the last time this franchise had a LT play all 16 games?
For all you Tobin and Taylor fans that 2019 draft class is starting
To look like a colassial bust.
Then you pair with that 2018 draft class.
Thats what gets you 4 wins in 2 years
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When was the last time this franchise had a LT play all 16 games?

They have some misses for sure and Price was a waste but 2018 was a pretty decent group over all. Bates is really good, Hubbards a solid starter and Tate/Phillips have been OK for where they were drafted.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:13 PM)pally Wrote: If it had been a tear, esp of the ACL, we would have heard about it already.  I'm thinking he has an injury similar to the one that Andrew Whitworth suffered last month..a MCL injury of some sort which is usually a 3-6 week injury.  With a month left in a lost season it makes sense to bench him for the rest of it.  Let him heal and be ready for OTAs

I don't know. There's a ton of bad press from the Dolphins game. I could see them not talk about bad news.

How many times have we heard guys are day to day or week to week?

Look at Mixon.

It's hard to read into injury news from this team.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:20 PM)pally Wrote: no surgery but grade 3 MCL tear.. but the Rams team doctor is the surgeon who did Joe's surgery

So this changed

I saw he was scheduled for surgery 2 days after the injury?

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2020/11/16/21569579/rams-andrew-whitworth-injury-update

Sorry John Clayton lied it appears. He said he did and Whitt said he did not have any surgery.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/24/nfl-los-angeles-rams-andrew-whitworth-knee-injury-surgery-week-3/
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 01:46 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: They have some misses for sure and Price was a waste but 2018 was a pretty decent group over all.  Bates is really good, Hubbards a solid starter and Tate/Phillips have been OK for where they were drafted.

Bates is only game changer I see out of 2 drafts.
Sam Hubbard is not a game changer. Hes a solid 3
Down DE. 
Auden Tate has exceeded inital expectations.
Taylor still doesnt know how to get the most out 
Of natural talents.
Darius Phillips should returning punts but Zac has his 
Pets,like Alex Erickson back there. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 12:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: When was the last time this franchise had a LT play all 16 games?

Whitworth in 2016.

Before his knee injury this year, Whit had missed only 3 games in the last 11 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

This has been answered (2016 - Whitworth).   But in any case, the 2019 class is definitely NOT looking like a bust of any kind, let alone "colossal" .  Jonah looks good, I think he'll make a great RT after we pick Sewell for LT.  Sample is fine, despite many people being upset about him.  Pratt is a consistent contributor, and I think he's shown improvement even.  Finley sucks, no arguments are even possible to that statement.  Michael Jordan is a bit of an enigma... we've seen him play decently, but lately it's straight regression.  Makes you wonder if he's playing hurt.  

All that aside, can you please fix whatever technology you're using to respond?  Nobody else types this way, and it's really tough to read it.  It's like some kinda message board version of a haiku.  
Reply/Quote

They have some misses for sure and Price was a waste but 2018 was a pretty decent group over all. Bates is really good, Hubbards a solid starter and Tate/Phillips have been OK for where they were drafted.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 11:59 AM)pally Wrote: Darius Phillips activated from IR

and to no one's surprise

Jonah Williams to IR

(12-09-2020, 12:05 PM)Synric Wrote: From a Hobspin article.

Good move putting Jonah on IR, let him heal for next season. Think he will be a very good player for us judging on his first 
season starting, he was our best O-lineman easily.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 02:47 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Bates is only game changer I see out of 2 drafts.
Sam Hubbard is not a game changer. Hes a solid 3
Down DE. 
Auden Tate has exceeded inital expectations.
Taylor still doesnt know how to get the most out 
Of natural talents.
Darius Phillips should returning punts but Zac has his 
Pets,like Alex Erickson back there. 

Phillips just came off IR today.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
per Zac, no surgery for Jonah

Reply/Quote
He didn't say Week 17 of which season though!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 03:51 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: This has been answered (2016 - Whitworth).   But in any case, the 2019 class is definitely NOT looking like a bust of any kind, let alone "colossal" .  Jonah looks good, I think he'll make a great RT after we pick Sewell for LT.  Sample is fine, despite many people being upset about him.  Pratt is a consistent contributor, and I think he's shown improvement even.  Finley sucks, no arguments are even possible to that statement.  Michael Jordan is a bit of an enigma... we've seen him play decently, but lately it's straight regression.  Makes you wonder if he's playing hurt.  

All that aside, can you please fix whatever technology you're using to respond?  Nobody else types this way, and it's really tough to read it.  It's like some kinda message board version of a haiku.  
I usually do this off my phone and I forget to turn my screen to.type on.a wide view
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 04:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He didn't say Week 17 of which season though!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2022 Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote