Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England and Pittsburgh get passes
There just seems to be a 'Big Brother'/'Little Brother' relationship between the Bengals and Steelers.

Bengals fans are obsessed with the Steelers and view beating them as some mythic Super Bowl.

We're just another game for the Steelers and they've generally owned us.
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
NFL HQ - (212) 450-2000
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There just seems to be a 'Big Brother'/'Little Brother' relationship between the Bengals and Steelers.

Bengals fans are obsessed with the Steelers and view beating them as some mythic Super Bowl.

It is, but for me, I've despised them for as long as I've been into football.  It's funny now, but as a youth, we lost 4 games and two league championships the entire time I played Little League football.  Those 4 losses and 2 championships in 5 years?  You guessed it, the Stoolers. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 01:19 AM)MrRager Wrote: Patriots favoritism absolutely does not exist. People just hate them so much that they make up some theory that the NFL is helping them win so often. The call today was the correct call based on the rules. You can argue that the rule is dumb and I know the refs make terrible calls consistently, but this was not one of them. RGIII had an extremely similar play a few years back and the play was ruled a touchback just like the play today.

completely disagree that they followed rule

He had control when he hit the pylon.

In any case, there was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

NFL is the no integrity league. It is just a small step above professional wrestling.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:22 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: NFL HQ - (212) 450-2000

What's their hold music sound like?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: It is, but for me, I've despised them for as long as I've been into football.  It's funny now, but as a youth, we lost 4 games and two league championships the entire time I played Little League football.  Those 4 losses and 2 championships in 5 years?  You guessed it, the Stoolers. LMAO

That's funny. Can I blame you for starting this losing to the Steelers trend.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:32 PM)bengals67 Wrote: completely disagree that they followed rule

He had control when he hit the pylon.

In any case, there was not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

NFL is the no integrity league. It is just a small step above professional wrestling.

Seems like a lot of replays show that there wasn't enough evidence to overturn it. There are some cases where common sense would dictate that it happened one way...but they won't reverse it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What's their hold music sound like?

It's the Star Spangled Banner.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What's their hold music sound like?

squeelers and patsies fight songs
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2017, 09:29 PM)BengalRed Wrote: The Pats got a gift reversal on a play against the Jets today. The Steelers seem to never get called for anything i.e. Mike Mitchell. Even Tony Romo said one of his plays today looked like he was targeting with his head. We need to get the word out as much as we can while there is a lot of chatter about these two teams getting favorable calls simply for who they are. I don't know but maybe if we raise enough of a stink before this upcoming matchup against the Steelers we could get some calls to go our way.

They are the media and NFL darlings with obvious and admitted preferential treatment.  They want these 2 teams in the AFC Championship game, with the drama that the Steelers have never beaten the Patriots in the playoffs in recent history.

Wait until Sunday in Pittsburgh!!  The penalties will be so lopsided it will be beyond ridiculous!!  

THE ONLY CHANCE A TEAM HAS TO KEEP THE REFS OUT OF THE GAME IS TO HAVE A LOPSIDED WIN. BUT THE REFS CAN EVEN ADJUST TO THAT WITH PHANTOM HOLDING CALLS AND NO HOLDING CALLS, DEPENDING ON WHO HAS THE BALL.

Some in here think Burfict gets exactly what he deserves and is his own worst enemy.  I'm not going to debate that statement because it is pretty much on the mark   .....   HOWEVER, it's the double standard that I despise.  

Switch teams with Burfict and Mitchell and I can tell you, without doubt, it would be a different scenario, regardless of reputation or past offenses.

I'm not saying Burfict would never get flagged and/or penalized, but it would be NOTHING like it is currently.  For the most part, Burfict 
would be seen as a hard nosed football player who just needs to adjust to the 'today's' football like Ray Lewis had to.

Mitchell would be a 'dirty' player with a target on his back!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There just seems to be a 'Big Brother'/'Little Brother' relationship between the Bengals and Steelers.

I wouldn't say it's a mythic Super Bowl, but it does have to do with our division. The last few years, except 2016, Baltimore and Cleveland have been out of the playoff equation and it's been between us. So yeah it is a huge game.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's funny. Can I blame you for starting this losing to the Steelers trend.

LMAO Hell, why not?!  (.....but we did win the other 3 titles Wink  )

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Who cares. We are fans and if that is how we want to view it then why does it matter?  I have been watching Bengals games since 79 and I know who has been the better team in that stretch. 

So you are telling me when you watch a Bengals Steelers game you never see them get away with an egregious penalty and us get called with the same ticky tack bullshit always at a seemingly crucial moment?  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2017, 09:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The NFL loves Rooney and Kraft.

Maybe Rooney, but I don't see the love with Kraft. The NFL took away their first round draft pick and pushed a 2 year court case to suspend the greatest player of all time for absolutely nothing. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
While very much deserved, I highly doubt Mitchell gets a suspension. At worst, he will be fined and that will be all. It's total bullshit, but the Steelers get preferential treatment for sure. On the flip side though, it gets really old seeing fans trying to use it as an excuse for Burfict. Burfict plays the victim (listen to damn near any interview) and has built his reputation from high school to the NFL. I'm not saying he doesn't get bullshit flags thrown on him, but he has not helped himself in that department.
Reply/Quote