Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roster update 1/19 DT Zach Kerr signed
31 year old most recently with the Cardinals. Played in 7 games this season...4 for the 49ers, 3 for Arizona

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:49 AM)pally Wrote: 31 year old most recently with the Cardinals.  Played in 7 games this season...4 for the 49ers, 3 for Arizona

Kerr played with the Panthers last year, accumulating 2 sacks, 2 PDs, 1 FF, and 32 tackles across 13 games (4 starts).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I started to write a sarcastic post, like "Super Bowl here we come." But let's face it, Geno isn't coming off the couch to save the day. This week's signings are undoubtedly the best we can do. Gotta hope that Tupou can go and is healthy enough to be effective. And of course that Trey can get through the protocol. Encouraging signs so far on both.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:27 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I started to write a sarcastic post, like "Super Bowl here we come."  But let's face it, Geno isn't coming off the couch to save the day.  This week's signings are undoubtedly the best we can do.  Gotta hope that Tupou can go and is healthy enough to be effective.  And of course that Trey can get through the protocol.  Encouraging signs so far on both.

Wonder what the signing at this point includes. Probably just a game day check for league minimum?
Reply/Quote
Solid player.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wonder what the signing at this point includes. Probably just a game day check for league minimum?

and the possibility of a ring

Reply/Quote
No one off the street was ever going to be the answer. Reader and Hill will start with Topou backing up Reader and Wren/Kerr/? backing up Hill. You probably have Shelvin up too because of Topou coming off injury and then Sample is your flex 6th DT. People have seriously over exaggerated how big a deal the loss of Larry was, also Daniels who hasn't really even played other than 18, to the impact of this game this week. This game will be won based off of Reader holding the point of attack and the LB's filling gaps. Hill to Larry is basically a lateral move so I seriously don't have any concerns there other than hopefully the back ups can give him a breather as needed.

Update: just pulled PFF ratings and they have Hill far superior, especially in run defense where he is 20 points better than Larry. BJ Hill is actually the 24th rated interior DL player league wide in run defense so it may actually benefit us to have him out there next to Reader for this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Who Dey No one off the street was ever going to be the answer. Reader and Hill will start with Topou backing up Reader and Wren/Kerr/? backing up Hill. You probably have Shelvin up too because of Topou coming off injury and then Sample is your flex 6th DT. People have seriously over exaggerated how big a deal the loss of Larry was, also Daniels who hasn't really even played other than 18, to the impact of this game this week. This game will be won based off of Reader holding the point of attack and the LB's filling gaps. Hill to Larry is basically a lateral move so I seriously don't have any concerns there other than hopefully the back ups can give him a breather as needed.

It has been driving me nuts listening to media talk about Mike Daniels as the same level of loss as Ogunjobi.  He played with the 2nd string week 18 and played Saturday but got hurt on the first series so it is not like he has contributed much this season other than on the scout team.  An important job for sure but his injury is a depth problem not a game-changing problem.  Taking a minute to look at the Bengals depth chart would have answered a lot of their questions

But they recognize his name, I get it,  but man it ignores BJ Hill and the season he has had.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:46 PM)pally Wrote: It has been driving me nuts listening to media talk about Mike Daniels as the same level of loss as Ogunjobi.  He played with the 2nd string week 18 and played Saturday but got hurt on the first series so it is not like he has contributed much this season other than on the scout team.  An important job for sure but his injury is a depth problem not a game-changing problem.  Taking a minute to look at the Bengals depth chart would have answered a lot of their questions

But they recognize his name, I get it,  but man it ignores BJ Hill and the season he has had.

Daniels played most of his career with the Packers, so of course the media consider him the bigger loss.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So I guess signing Kerr means #62 didn't impress them yesterday?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:27 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: I started to write a sarcastic post, like "Super Bowl here we come."  But let's face it, Geno isn't coming off the couch to save the day.  This week's signings are undoubtedly the best we can do.  Gotta hope that Tupou can go and is healthy enough to be effective.  And of course that Trey can get through the protocol.  Encouraging signs so far on both.

I think Trey will be good to go this weekend, which is good we really need his help on the edge.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 01:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: So I guess signing Kerr means #62 didn't impress them yesterday?

We've lost like 4 DL in the past 2 weeks so we'll probably use both. 
Reply/Quote
Kerr’s credentials are very similar to Mike Daniels when he was initially signed. Great pickup under the circumstances.
Reply/Quote
Man, if Tupou and Shelvin are both active, with Reader and Kerr...that's a whole lotta beef.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: No one off the street was ever going to be the answer. Reader and Hill will start with Topou backing up Reader and Wren/Kerr/? backing up Hill. You probably have Shelvin up too because of Topou coming off injury and then Sample is your flex 6th DT. People have seriously over exaggerated how big a deal the loss of Larry was, also Daniels who hasn't really even played other than 18, to the impact of this game this week. This game will be won based off of Reader holding the point of attack and the LB's filling gaps. Hill to Larry is basically a lateral move so I seriously don't have any concerns there other than hopefully the back ups can give him a breather as needed.

Update: just pulled PFF ratings and they have Hill far superior, especially in run defense where he is 20 points better than Larry. BJ Hill is actually the 24th rated interior DL player league wide in run defense so it may actually benefit us to have him out there next to Reader for this game.

I know Ogunjobi had a good year but, if we could only sign one long term, I hope we pick Hill.
Reply/Quote
any relation to Steve Kerr? he can at least sink clutch Trey treys
Reply/Quote
Kerr is the anti-Henry player. May have some rust though.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Kerr played with the Panthers last year, accumulating 2 sacks, 2 PDs, 1 FF, and 32 tackles across 13 games (4 starts).

Not bad, Kerr has at least had some production and started some games, needed the body.
Reply/Quote
Probably about as good as we can expect. He's a big body with starting experience. A veteran who has been on some good teams.

He's certainly good enough to give Hill and Reader a breather.

Would've loved a Geno comeback, but who knows whats going on with that guy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 12:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: No one off the street was ever going to be the answer. Reader and Hill will start with Topou backing up Reader and Wren/Kerr/? backing up Hill. You probably have Shelvin up too because of Topou coming off injury and then Sample is your flex 6th DT. People have seriously over exaggerated how big a deal the loss of Larry was, also Daniels who hasn't really even played other than 18, to the impact of this game this week. This game will be won based off of Reader holding the point of attack and the LB's filling gaps. Hill to Larry is basically a lateral move so I seriously don't have any concerns there other than hopefully the back ups can give him a breather as needed.

Truth. BJ Hill has had a very good season and arguably a better one than Ogunjobi. Daniels had one good game against the 
Browns here and the Steelers last year but that is about all he has shown as a Bengal honestly. Our starters with Reader and
Hill might be better than Reader and Ogunjobi and it isn't even a funny statement. I like the Kerry grab too.

If Trey is ready to go I am picking us to win this game. My biggest concern was the DT situation depth means. This is over 
now if Trey can help the pass rush when the Titans use their Play Action.

Slow down the run and keep the Titans out of the Endzone and we win 2 Playoff games in a row.

(01-19-2022, 12:46 PM)pally Wrote: It has been driving me nuts listening to media talk about Mike Daniels as the same level of loss as Ogunjobi.  He played with the 2nd string week 18 and played Saturday but got hurt on the first series so it is not like he has contributed much this season other than on the scout team.  An important job for sure but his injury is a depth problem not a game-changing problem.  Taking a minute to look at the Bengals depth chart would have answered a lot of their questions

Yes, Mike Daniels is just a name at this point, damn good person too, but he isn't on par with BJ Hill by any means as a DT.
Reply/Quote