Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
roster update 1/19 DT Zach Kerr signed
(01-19-2022, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hill was an amazing pick up for us. He has played really well. But I am not buying that he wad as good or better than Ogunjobi. Coaches played Larry 50% more snaps than Hill. I give that a lot more credit than any PFF piffle.

Ogunjobi is a guy who tries to split gaps a lot. He puts more consistent pressure on the QB and gives you more penetration.  But as a result, he also winds up in the wrong spot in the run game a lot. I think PFF sees that. 

Whereas Hill kind of holds his ground first and then moves. He is rarely getting moved (higher grade) but also getting less penetration. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on what?

Based on what I see Fred, same with lots of posters and PFF even if I don't put much stock in PFF.

This is based off more than your just don't want to hear it stance...
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:05 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Ogunjobi is a guy who tries to split gaps a lot. He puts more consistent pressure on the QB and gives you more penetration.  But as a result, he also winds up in the wrong spot in the run game a lot. I think PFF sees that. 

Whereas Hill kind of holds his ground first and then moves. He is rarely getting moved (higher grade) but also getting less penetration. 

This.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 07:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta agree. If you disagree then you chose PFF metrics over the judgement of our coaches. WTS, we are very fortunate to have Bobby Gene Jr. 

As to the signing:

Let's go Big Man

(01-20-2022, 09:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Based on what?

It's not difficult to figure out why BJ's run grades would be higher than Larry's. 

BJ's tackle per snap rate was 10% and missed tackle rate was 2%.
Larry's tackle per snap rate was 6.8% and missed tackle rate was 15.5%.

Overall, they've been a very good duo this year, and hopefully they can figure out a way to bring both back.
Reply/Quote