Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rotten Apple?
(01-26-2022, 03:54 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If given the chance, every single one of you would run your haters nose in your success. We all do it on here. So let’s not act like he’s doing anything we all wouldn’t do if we were called trash for years and we’re heavy reason our team is going to it’s biggest game in over 30 years.

100% true.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Here is the deal with Apple. A lot of Bengal fans hated him before we even signed him because of his off field stuff. And a bunch more invested so much energy in trashing the guy early in the year. Now these are same people are the ones saying to let him walk because of his mean tweets.

Apple has good size (6'1") and good speed (4.40 forty). He wasn't just a first round pick, he was a top 10 overall pick. And as much as the fans of the Giants and Saints trash him he did start 48 games in 4 years for them.

I'd be very happy to re-sign him. Who cares what he tweets? Its not like he is getting arrested or failing drug tests.
Reply/Quote
I saw a tweet from him the other day where some Saints fan had asked him "So you're saying Bengals fans are more loyal and knowledgeable?" To which he replied something like "absolutely 100%. Best out there."

That at least made me turn a blind eye to his shenanigans a little bit.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the deal with Apple.  A lot of Bengal fans hated him before we even signed him because of his off field stuff. And a bunch more invested so much energy in trashing the guy early in the year.  Now these are same people are the ones saying to let him walk because of his mean tweets.

Apple has good size (6'1") and good speed (4.40 forty).  He wasn't just a first round pick, he was a top 10 overall pick.  And as much as the fans of the Giants and Saints trash him he did start 48 games in 4 years for them.

I'd be very happy to re-sign him.  Who cares what he tweets?  Its not like he is getting arrested or failing drug tests.

A lot of fans also hated him because he just has not been good.  I'm not sure why you're skipping over that.

I also haven't seen a single person say he should be released for his tweets.  He should "walk" because his best case scenario is a life as a mediocre CB.  If we resign him it should be to the role he was intended for...a backup.  

I don't understand why how many games he started matters but you're under no obligation to explain it to me.  Billy Price started a bunch for us but that doesn't translate to people liking him.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 04:49 PM)JoyrideJoe15 Wrote: “he’s just not as good as some of us make him out to be” says who? You? lol
Eli Apple is an ascending corner who is getting better each week. And the numbers and evidence show that.  He hasn’t plateaued. He’s also a former first round pick that had been labeled a bust who is now starting to settle into a real fine player.  My brother said he was boom or bust.  I agree and think that is perfect to have oppo a guy like chido.  Corners live in a boom or bust world.  And Eli has been booming way more than he been busting lately.  Best case is to get this guy locked up now before he goes and potentially continues to shine elsewhere.  Best case is not to let him walk draft a rookie and hope the rookies good.  Eli is good now and he could be great.  And that’s PFF talking not me but most importantly that’s worth resigning.  Letting that walk May not be the worst thing but it certainly isn’t the best thing by any stretch of the imagination.

What are you, his PR man?  What numbers are you referring to?  Show me the analytics around this claim.

Eli ended the season ranked 75/122 CBs according to PFF.  PFF also ranks him 18/19 of 2022 free agent CBs. While I don't really put much weight into PFF grades anymore, if you're gonna reference them at least be straight.  

He is average at best.  He's not a playmaker and in man coverage he prefers to chase....meaning he will always be beat by the faster WR.  

Eli is the type of player where best case, he's invisible and doesn't cost you the game.  He is more likely to cost us than he is to reward us.  

Edit: And yes this is my opinion with zero years of NFL experience.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 05:51 PM)basballguy Wrote: A lot of fans also hated him because he just has not been good.  I'm not sure why you're skipping over that.

Because after the bye week (week 11) he has been one of the top ranked CBs in the entire league.

It is like when Andre Smith started playing well.  It took a while for all the fans who had been hating on him so hard for so long to see that he was playing that good.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because after the bye week (week 11) he has been one of the top ranked CBs in the entire league.

It is like when Andre Smith started playing well.  It took a while for all the fans who had been hating on him so hard for so long to see that he was playing that good.

Top ranked by who?  In what stats specifically?  I'm not saying he hasn't been good but by my eyes he's just been average at best.  The first time I've been able to say "holy shit Eli made an actual play" was vs Ten at the end of the game.  

Also, is 6 games really enough to change the perception of a guy that has severely underperformed his entire career?  
Reply/Quote
Does anyone actually take what he tweets seriously? I read all his stuff as trolling. He does it to get a reaction out of people and it works. The salt in the replies are pretty comical. Could be way worse, he could be a child and woman beater like Tyreek Hill.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Eli is a huge reason we are in the playoffs and an equally big reason we are still in them.

WTS, the twitter stuff is just stupid and he should let it go.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote