Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers QB Dwayne Haskins dies after being struck by a car
(04-09-2022, 03:36 PM)Tony Wrote: I heard his vehicle ran out of gas...

From who? Florida Highway Patrol says they don't know why he was walking on the highway. You'd think they would look for his car close by before making a statement...

EDIT: I found an article that said early reports of car trouble were not substantiated.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
R.I.P. Mr Haskins....
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 04:50 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Running out of gas...that can happen.  Walking on what appears to be freeway...that's the head scratcher.

He was 25.  Young kids do stuff that isn't always the smartest, and they usually end up OK anyway.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 11:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He was 25.  Young kids do stuff that isn't always the smartest, and they usually end up OK anyway.

yeah been thru many close calls where afterwards you are just like... Well that was stupid lesson learned.  
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2022, 05:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: From who? Florida Highway Patrol says they don't know why he was walking on the highway. You'd think they would look for his car close by before making a statement...

EDIT: I found an article that said early reports of car trouble were not substantiated.

Driver of the dump truck stayed on scene and fully cooperated.  A report will be released in 90 to 120 days.  Sounds like there was nothing the driver could have done or did anything wrong.

So sad.  I'm just wondering what he was doing in the middle of an 8 lane freeway...just tragic.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Prayers for Dwayne's family, I don't care who he played for....this is just a very terrible and tragic situation. Also thinking of the man that hit him, that's something no one wants to be involved with. That will haunt him for years. My friend had a similar incident on I-64 when a pedestrian walked out into the roadway as he passed. It was a gruesome scene. You really hate to hear this involving such a young man. RIP.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Saw there was a funeral going on for Dwayne yesterday and I was like WTF? Shocked

Didn't know any details, that is tragic. RIP Dwayne.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 11:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Young kids do stuff that isn't always the smartest, and they usually end up OK anyway.

My daughter started college this year.  She was still just 17 for most of her first semester.

I have been lucky that she has never given me any reason to worry about her behavior.  But all young people make bad decisions from time to time.  Not because they are stupid.  My daughter is very intelligent, but she still lacks real world experience.  A lot of what I know now was learned by making mistakes.  We all make them.  I just pray my kids don't make any big ones.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 11:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My daughter started college this year.  She was still just 17 for most of her first semester.

I have been lucky that she has never given me any reason to worry about her behavior.  But all young people make bad decisions from time to time.  Not because they are stupid.  My daughter is very intelligent, but she still lacks real world experience.  A lot of what I know now was learned by making mistakes.  We all make them.  I just pray my kids don't make any big ones.

Yup.  You learn not to do a lot of stupid stuff by doing them.  Unfortunately some don't survive to learn that lesson, and all we can do is hope they aren't one of the ones who suffer severe consequences.  I don't want my kids to be in car wrecks, but they have had minor car accidents, and instead of being mad I look at it as a learning opportunity they walked away from.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote