Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steelers Bryant faces 1 year suspension
(03-13-2016, 01:12 PM)TGISunday Wrote: I gotta give it to ya--that was a more creative segue than the canned response of "because six."

Back to the subject at hand: Good luck finding a replacement for Cheech.

They'll be alright, as long as Chong is back and fully healthy next season. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 12:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: They can have the record for most consecutive years making the playoffs and never winning a playoff game.

No on else wants that.... Mellow

Cleveland would drowned every child under 5 in lake Erie for the bengal's run of playoff appearances.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 10:51 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Making shit up again to fit your agenda?

I have not see one, not a single Steeler fan try to excuse this as "just weed." Every single post here and on FB has been "what a dumbass, cut him loose." But you're going to make shit up to fit your anti-Steeler agenda  ThumbsUp

Eh. There's no agenda. I can't think of a single reason I'd want to just make shit up out of the blue and post it here. There is plenty of shit out there to make everyone but you people dislike the steelers (and dislike you people) without fabricating things. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 12:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: Lewis.jpg]

They can have the record for most consecutive years making the playoffs and never winning a playoff game.

No on else wants that.... Mellow

Browns fans would take it in a second. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 09:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ok.  

What happened that is not disputed:  Ben is buying girls drinks all night and gets them all drunk, then goes to the bathroom and has his bodyguards lead the girl back to the bathroom where he is.  Didn't say "hey, follow us, we're going to take you back to the bathroom to have sex with Ben."  Then, she comes out, not all smiling and happy like "I just had sex with a Super Bowl-winning, world famous quarterback that's worth 70(?) million dollars," but rather is confused and says "I guess I was raped."  Which, if she wasn't, she would have said no, and it's more likely that she was still hazy from being drunk and just being raped.

So, you know what?  I don't know EXACTLY how everything happened in the details of raping her, but I know what is not even disputed and what points to him raping her and Steelers fans overlooking it.

You're overlooking your fair share of things too.  For example, doesn't the fact that she was drunk and confused make it difficult to be certain of exactly what happened?  

Again, I'm not trying to justify or even defend.  I'm simply declaring uncertainty.  I think that anyone who is certain of either side is probably motivated more by team loyalty than logic.  And that definitely includes you.  You are way too quick to think that the case is easily proven.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 02:01 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You're overlooking your fair share of things too.  For example, doesn't the fact that she was drunk and confused make it difficult to be certain of exactly what happened?  

Again, I'm not trying to justify or even defend.  I'm simply declaring uncertainty.  I think that anyone who is certain of either side is probably motivated more by team loyalty than logic.  And that definitely includes you.  You are way to quick to think that the case is easily proven.  

You're accusing Brad of not being motivated by logic? When did you become this bold?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 05:12 PM)Beaker Wrote: Martavuis Bryant facing a 1 year suspension related to drug testing:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14958283/martavis-bryant-pittsburgh-steelers-faces-year-long-suspension

steelers using drugs?....nothing to see here folks, move along.

Honestly I'd be fine with whatever the Steelers Front Office decide. I think he's an idiot for putting himself in this position, like Ben did with the rape accusations and riding a motorcycle without a helmet. I hate seeing these people ruining perfectly good talent by doing dumb crap. I would do anything to have their talent and I guarantee I would be following every rule. Do all the drugs you want after your career is over.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: I still believe he either did it or know a LOT more than he'll ever say.  But when I look back at it I realize I way to over the top with it.

Nowadays it is just fun to call him Stabby McMurderer because it will drive some people crazy.   Smirk
Don't tell Pat that because he was acquitted, which means he is completely innocent!  (Pat doesn't understand plea bargaining or how stupid the prosecution was.)

Actually, scratch that, because then Pat said that "he was PROBABLY involved somehow," which I'm not sure how else he could be involved!
(03-13-2016, 02:01 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You're overlooking your fair share of things too.  For example, doesn't the fact that she was drunk and confused make it difficult to be certain of exactly what happened?  

Again, I'm not trying to justify or even defend.  I'm simply declaring uncertainty.  I think that anyone who is certain of either side is probably motivated more by team loyalty than logic.  And that definitely includes you.  You are way to quick to think that the case is easily proven.  
She was confused because of the bodyguards leading her into the bathroom and then Ben raping her.  I don't know too many rape stories that have resulted in the girl coming out confident and completely clear of everything that happened.

Trauma leads to confusion and uncertainty, immediately after if no other time.  

Ever heard people recommend to other people that they shouldn't make decisions right after something traumatizing happened?  It's because there's uncertainty in the mind and crowded judgement, especially for a college girl that's drunk and just been raped.

Again, the facts are not disputed, so it's not real difficult to call a rapist a rapist.
(03-13-2016, 02:22 PM)6andcounting Wrote: You're accusing Brad of not being motivated by logic? When did you become this bold?

That coming from a Steelers fan is beyond priceless!

Read above and see what logic is.
Reply/Quote
Never fear, the Steelers already have their replacement lined up. Hilarious

http://lockerdome.com/happygilmore/6170048381332289/8556188967239953

In related news, Franco said that he'd suit up if Bells knee isn't fully recovered by the start of the season.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 06:10 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Never fear, the Steelers already have their replacement lined up.  Hilarious

http://lockerdome.com/happygilmore/6170048381332289/8556188967239953

In related news, Franco said that he'd suit up if Bells knee isn't fully recovered by the start of the season.

Biggest cheap shot artist in the history of football!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 06:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: She was confused because of the bodyguards leading her into the bathroom and then Ben raping her.  I don't know too many rape stories that have resulted in the girl coming out confident and completely clear of everything that happened.

Trauma leads to confusion and uncertainty, immediately after if no other time.  

Ever heard people recommend to other people that they shouldn't make decisions right after something traumatizing happened?  It's because there's uncertainty in the mind and crowded judgement, especially for a college girl that's drunk and just been raped.

Again, the facts are not disputed, so it's not real difficult to call a rapist a rapist.
So ... your argument that he definitely raped her is essentially based on ... the assumption that he raped her.  Do yourself a favor and Google the term 'circular reasoning'.  You are in absolutely no position to lecture anyone about logic.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 08:26 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: So ... your argument that he definitely raped her is essentially based on ... the assumption that he raped her.  Do yourself a favor and Google the term 'circular reasoning'.  You are in absolutely no position to lecture anyone about logic.  

The evidence the conclusion is true is the assumption the conclusion is true. One of my favorite logical fallacies. (Just kidding, they're all my favorite.)
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 08:26 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: So ... your argument that he definitely raped her is essentially based on ... the assumption that he raped her.  Do yourself a favor and Google the term 'circular reasoning'.  You are in absolutely no position to lecture anyone about logic.  

My argument that he raped her is based on her word, which, as I explained, it is understandable why she was confused.

My argument is that why would his bodyguards need to lead her back to him in the bathroom if she was willing?  

Neither of those is circular reasoning.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 12:51 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: My argument that he raped her is based on her word, which, as I explained, it is understandable why she was confused.

My argument is that why would his bodyguards need to lead her back to him in the bathroom if she was willing?  

You expose yourself to women on the street, based on my word.  Please feel free to try and prove otherwise.  

Logic trap! Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 12:51 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: My argument that he raped her is based on her word, which, as I explained, it is understandable why she was confused.

Your argument that her word is true is based on the assumption that her word is true.  That is the very definition of circular reasoning.  

Your second point depends on the assumptions of the first, so it is likewise circular reasoning.    

By no means am I saying that I can prove you wrong, but neither have you proven your case definitively right.  You have yet to provide an argument that doesn't depend on simply assuming that you are right.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2016, 06:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Biggest cheap shot artist in the history of football!

i see you still like to whine about shit that happened years ago?

biggest cheap shot? i thought bengals fans reserved that honor for Kimo, since he "ruined your chances for a super bowl"
People suck
Reply/Quote

which word though?

1st girl had text messages bragging and hoping she was pregnant and that she was going to move to pitt to be with him. she also sent a resignation letter

2nd girl followed them all night, drinking, was DTF, and then changed her stories 3 times at the urging of her sorority  sisters her were upset that they were removed from the VIP room (probably for making a scene or disturbing the party)

the only thing ben is guilty of is being a complete moron up to that point
People suck
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 08:41 AM)Griever Wrote: which word though?

1st girl had text messages bragging and hoping she was pregnant and that she was going to move to pitt to be with him. she also sent a resignation letter

2nd girl followed them all night, drinking, was DTF, and then changed her stories 3 times at the urging of her sorority  sisters her were upset that they were removed from the VIP room (probably for making a scene or disturbing the party)

the only thing ben is guilty of is being a complete moron up to that point
But like Brad's argument, you can't prove that.  Opinions on both sides have their own merits, but at the end of the day they're just opinions. 

The fact is that no one has a definitive handle on exactly what happened, and those that think they do are thinking with their fanhood.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 08:58 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: But like Brad's argument, you can't prove that.  Opinions on both sides have their own merits, but at the end of the day they're just opinions. 

The fact is that no one has a definitive handle on exactly what happened, and those that think they do are thinking with their fanhood.  

well with mcnulty, we had proof about the emails/texts that she sent
People suck
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2016, 08:58 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: But like Brad's argument, you can't prove that.  Opinions on both sides have their own merits, but at the end of the day they're just opinions. 

One thing I know for sure, if you're a decent human being, you never sniff being accused of rape. But Ben clearly is a piece of human debris considering he has not one but two accusations in his lifetime. And I don't need to prove that because he already has on his own.

Reply/Quote