Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
stephen a smith
https://espn1530.iheart.com/featured/mo-egger/content/2018-10-29-espn1530-podcast-stephen-a-smith-joined-us-to-yell-about-marvin-lewis/

I searched for this on here but didnt find it.

Usually I dont like Smith but his take on Marvin Lewis is funny. Plus he is on Mo Egger so that is pretty cool too.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 05:58 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: https://espn1530.iheart.com/featured/mo-egger/content/2018-10-29-espn1530-podcast-stephen-a-smith-joined-us-to-yell-about-marvin-lewis/

Usually I dont like Smith but his take on Marvin Lewis is funny. Plus he is on Mo Egger so that is pretty cool too.

Sad thing is, Marvin gets to be the punching bag, when, in all honesty, it's not his fault.  He's doing what he believes is the best he can to win.

This thing falls on the shoulders of Mr. Brown!!
Reply/Quote
He's a shock jock and I usually don't listen to him much but he isn't wrong about several things including Marvin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 06:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Sad thing is, Marvin gets to be the punching bag, when, in all honesty, it's not his fault.  He's doing what he believes is the best he can to win.

Bro...16 years and not his fault? Come on man!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 06:46 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Bro...16 years and not his fault? Come on man!

Who hires him BRO?  Who keeps bringing him back???  Who is the ONLY man who has complete control over all the personnel?
Reply/Quote
Oh snap! ....It’s a BRO-DOWN!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 05:58 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: https://espn1530.iheart.com/featured/mo-egger/content/2018-10-29-espn1530-podcast-stephen-a-smith-joined-us-to-yell-about-marvin-lewis/

Wow! It's like he's been reading my mind.

Reply/Quote
I have never really been a fan of Stephen A, but he has been spot on with every single thing he has said about Marvin over the last half-decade.
Reply/Quote
I dont like Stephen A Smith at all but the it comes to his views with Lewis and Bengals front office keeping him?

SPOT ON!!
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:06 PM)GodFather Wrote: I dont like Stephen A Smith at all but the it comes to his views with Lewis and Bengals front office keeping him?

SPOT ON!!

Stephen A fails to reference the state of the Bengals franchise before he got here,outdated training facility, used jock straps, no hotel rooms,no gm and the list goes on ect,sure marvin should've won a playoff game and if palmer hadn't gotten hurt I truly think we wouldn't be having this discussion...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:29 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Stephen A fails to reference the state of the Bengals franchise before he got here,outdated training facility, used jock straps, no hotel rooms,no gm and the list goes on ect,sure marvin should've won a playoff game and if palmer hadn't gotten hurt I truly think we wouldn't be having this discussion...

I think so too. Steelers have been destroying us since 1991 literally and figuratively.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:29 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Stephen A fails to reference the state of the Bengals franchise before he got here,outdated training facility, used jock straps, no hotel rooms,no gm and the list goes on ect,sure marvin should've won a playoff game and if palmer hadn't gotten hurt I truly think we wouldn't be having this discussion...

Marvin Lewis deserves credit and to be praised as a legend in this town. That being said, I think he has taken us as far as he can go. 

Case in point... Look how the Rams have responded since Fisher got fired. True, they didnt win a playoff game but Im pretty sure that is going to change this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:38 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Marvin Lewis deserves credit and to be praised as a legend in this town. That being said, I think he has taken us as far as he can go. 

Case in point... Look how the Rams have responded since Fisher got fired. True, they didnt win a playoff game but Im pretty sure that is going to change this year.

A legend?  Really?
[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 12:00 AM)JumboTron Wrote: A legend?  Really?
[Image: tenor.gif]

Well I mean for a Bengals coach. He turned this team into a winner with Mike Brown as an owner. I think that might count as legendary.
Reply/Quote
Everyone thinks Steven A. Smith sucks until he agrees with them... People are funny.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 02:21 AM)jason Wrote: Everyone thinks Steven A. Smith sucks until he agrees with them... People are funny.

No, I still dont like him as a sports personality but I can not like someone and still agree with something they say, cant I?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 06:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Sad thing is, Marvin gets to be the punching bag, when, in all honesty, it's not his fault.  He's doing what he believes is the best he can to win.

If you're going to give Marvin a pass because he believes he's doing what is best to win, you probably have to do the same for Mike Brown.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 11:38 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Case in point... Look how the Rams have responded since Fisher got fired. True, they didnt win a playoff game but Im pretty sure that is going to change this year.

Of course we can’t forget how much the rams owners did to keep that team a loser when in St Louis. So much easier to move a losing team than a winning team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Stephan A Naismith is a Steeler fan......... so who cares what he says
Reply/Quote
I play this little game where I see the title of the post and then guess what will follow. Here were my thoughts. Steven A. Smith:

a. Is a tool
b. Is a blowhard, loudmouth, uninformed tool
c. Has an appropriate middle name for a tool (think about what the "A" might stand for)

But Mo can also be a tool. Glad I missed the interview.
Reply/Quote