Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
texas got somethin right for once
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/08/us/houston-cop-choke.html?_r=0

im shocked but it was pretty clear this was murder, and both deserve to be behind bars
People suck
I'm not sure why you are shocked. I believe there are lots of murderers behind bars in Texas.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-09-2017, 08:41 AM)Griever Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/08/us/houston-cop-choke.html?_r=0

im shocked but it was pretty clear this was murder, and both deserve to be behind bars

Yes, but if the man just would have done what the officer said....

Right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-09-2017, 09:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yes, but if the man just would have done what the officer said....

Right?

[Image: 4lp7sv4.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(06-09-2017, 09:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not sure why you are shocked.  I believe there are lots of murderers behind bars in Texas.

I think the shock comes from a dispute in Texas that didn't end in shots fired.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(06-09-2017, 09:41 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not sure why you are shocked.  I believe there are lots of murderers behind bars in Texas.

the shock comes from the fact that they actually arrested both the deputy and the husband on murder charges, instead of dragging it out and saying no wrong doing was done
People suck
(06-12-2017, 10:40 AM)Griever Wrote: the shock comes from the fact that they actually arrested both the deputy and the husband on murder charges, instead of dragging it out and saying no wrong doing was done

She wasn't in her role as an officer at the time.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-12-2017, 10:49 AM)michaelsean Wrote: She wasn't in her role as an officer at the time.

Then the dead guy shouldn't have listened to her?

All these rules to help citizens to keep from getting killed while arrested  are getting confusing.
(06-12-2017, 01:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then the dead guy shouldn't have listened to her?

All these rules to help citizens to keep from getting killed while arrested  are getting confusing.

It's not confusing at all.  She was not in uniform. I don't recall her having identified herself as an officer and shown proof. There is more leeway for the police to use force than citizens, and that's where the debate is always held.  That didn't exist here.

(06-12-2017, 01:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It's not confusing at all.  She was not in uniform. I don't recall her having identified herself as an officer and shown proof. There is more leeway for the police to use force than citizens, and that's where the debate is always held.  That didn't exist here.

What about the guy choking the victim?

Should he have listened to him?

Or do we want to make this just a private citizen fight that resulted in a death and not an officer going overboard? Off duty, of course.

Because when an on duty officer chokes or shoots a man to death we are told the victim criminal should have just done what he was told. How does that work when an off duty officer kills someone because they wanted to enforce the law?
(06-12-2017, 02:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: What about the guy choking the victim?

Should he have listened to him?

Or do we want to make this just a private citizen fight that resulted in a death and not an officer going overboard? Off duty, of course.

Because when an on duty officer chokes or shoots a man to death we are told the victim criminal should have just done what he was told. How does that work when an off duty officer kills someone because they wanted to enforce the law?

It works just like it's working. They get indicted.

(06-12-2017, 02:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: It works just like it's working. They get indicted.

So, as I said, guy should have just done as the officer told him...then he wouldn't be choked to death.
(06-12-2017, 02:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because when an on duty officer chokes or shoots a man to death we are told the victim criminal should have just done what he was told. How does that work when an off duty officer kills someone because they wanted to enforce the law?

There was no active duty LEO involved in this scenario nor was anyone identified as one or acting under color of authority.

To your "point" you are supposed to obey the lawful orders of an LEO acting under color of authority.  Not doing so can lead to an unfortunate result.  Again, as nothing of this sort happened in this instance I am curious as to why you bring it up. 

P.S.

I just lied, we all know why you brought it up. Wink
(06-12-2017, 02:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: So, as I said, guy should have just done as the officer told him...then he wouldn't be choked to death.

I admit I am thoroughly confused at this point.  She wasn't dressed as an LEO, she didn't identify herself as an LEO, and she didn't attempt to function in her capacity as one.  

(06-12-2017, 03:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I admit I am thoroughly confused at this point.  She wasn't dressed as an LEO, she didn't identify herself as an LEO, and she didn't attempt to function in her capacity as one.  

So she was acting as a private citizen kicking another one who was in a choke hold...excellent.

Good to know that off duty officers behave themselves as well as on duty ones.
(06-13-2017, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: So she was acting as a private citizen kicking another one who was in a choke hold...excellent.

Wow, just wow.   Whatever

This from the man who argues against tarring all of islam with one brush because of the actions of tens (hundreds?) of thousands of islamic terrorists.

Like I said, wow.
(06-13-2017, 11:07 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Wow, just wow.   Whatever

This from the man who argues against tarring all of islam with one brush because of the actions of tens (hundreds?) of thousands of islamic terrorists.

Like I said, wow.

My apologies...like "some" act on duty.

Have a great day!
(06-13-2017, 11:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: My apologies...like "some" act on duty.

Have a great day!

Too late, true thoughts already expressed.   Smirk
(06-13-2017, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote: So she was acting as a private citizen kicking another one who was in a choke hold...excellent.

That is correct, and she will go to prison.

(06-13-2017, 11:44 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That is correct, and she will go to prison.

She was found guilty already?  what about her husband? The guy who coked the citizen?