Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
the boys
has anyone watched this trash on amazon? it's obvious they are pushing an agenda constantly showing penises and mens butts among other pretty obvious narratives on the show.
Reply/Quote
Who forced you to watch it?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The ol' penis and men's butt agenda.

A classic in mainstream media.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:11 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: has anyone watched this trash on amazon? it's obvious they are pushing an agenda constantly showing penises and mens butts among other pretty obvious narratives on the show.

i was raging the first half of your comment....then i figured out in the second half you were joking.

The show is brilliant.  I'm not much of a comic guy but i would totally read the comics this is based on.  

I think its great how they find ways to draw parallels into todays society.....especially around politics.  It capitalizes on liberal and conservative extremism equally.  

I recommend this series to anyone that can stomach the blood and gore.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
The Boys is ***** great. Antony Starr as Homelander is one of the most terrifying villains on tv.

Bad thread. Which I’m starting to notice is a pattern for the OP.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 02:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Boys is ***** great. Antony Starr as Homelander is one of the most terrifying villains on tv.

Bad thread. Which I’m starting to notice is a pattern for the OP.

Lol I thought it was a joke. I can’t imagine anyone really being upset with the show.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:11 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: has anyone watched this trash on amazon? it's obvious they are pushing an agenda constantly showing penises and mens butts among other pretty obvious narratives on the show.

So you must have watched it a lot to get all of these details.

Wearing out the pause button, Tiger?Wink
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 02:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Bad thread. Which I’m starting to notice is a pattern for the OP.

I think he is trying a little too hard.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 04:30 PM)basballguy Wrote: Lol I thought it was a joke.  I can’t imagine anyone really being upset with the show.

It is pretty critical of right wingers. The whole "people like what I have to say, they just don't like the word Nazi" had pretty explicit comparisons to Trump supporters. Or at least the liberal view of Trump supporters. 

The most recent plot point about Blue Hawk is also obviously about BLM and police's over-patrolling and punishing black civilians.

With that said, it also criticizes liberals too, like having three women on the Seven is seen as an innately positive thing despite one of them being a literal Nazi and that A-Train ad about giving the police an energy drink to end strife between black people and police.

It's fairly clear to me that the show's ideology is aligned further left than liberals, so it is happy to criticize their indifference and/or inability to act to prevent the take over of the far right, which is probably what annoys the OP, as he seems to be a trump supporter.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 12:28 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It is pretty critical of right wingers. The whole "people like what I have to say, they just don't like the word Nazi" had pretty explicit comparisons to Trump supporters. Or at least the liberal view of Trump supporters. 

The most recent plot point about Blue Hawk is also obviously about BLM and police's over-patrolling and punishing black civilians.

With that said, it also criticizes liberals too, like having three women on the Seven is seen as an innately positive thing despite one of them being a literal Nazi and that A-Train ad about giving the police an energy drink to end strife between black people and police.

It's fairly clear to me that the show's ideology is aligned further left than liberals, so it is happy to criticize their indifference and/or inability to act to prevent the take over of the far right, which is probably what annoys the OP, as he seems to be a trump supporter.

The A-Train thing with Blue Hawk….sure that’s pigeoned in….kinda like how “A Million Little Things” forced it i….but the nazi thing? Just because a show has Nazi bad guys doesn’t mean it’s meant as an attack on conservative views…are we to think the entire indiana jones series is a knock on conservative people? No.

I get what you’re trying to say….I lean pretty hard to the right and I don’t feel like any agenda is trying to be pushed in the show.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:35 AM)basballguy Wrote: The A-Train thing with Blue Hawk….sure that’s pigeoned in….kinda like how “A Million Little Things” forced it i….but the nazi thing?  Just because a show has Nazi bad guys doesn’t mean it’s meant as an attack on conservative views…are we to think the entire indiana jones series is a knock on conservative people?  No.

I get what you’re trying to say….I lean pretty hard to the right and I don’t feel like any agenda is trying to be pushed in the show.

Well, the criticism of conservatives comes when Stormfront, the Nazi, basically weaponizes right wing talking points to gain popularity and followers. I haven't watched the second season since it came out in 2020, so I don't have explicit memories of the talking points used, but it's you know, anti-immigrant, anti-muslim (which they often sub in with the word "terrorist), "preserving our culture" talking points that you can see on any given night watching Tucker Carlson.

I don't think the show is saying conservatives are Nazis or even that conservative view points are akin to Nazi viewpoints. I think it's more like they're saying ill intentioned people can weaponize conservatism to advance their outwardly reasonable (secure our borders) but inwardly hateful (I hate non-white people) goals.

But that's just my read on it. I obviously have my biases. I'm glad you don't feel alienated by the show like the OP has.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:35 AM)basballguy Wrote: The A-Train thing with Blue Hawk….sure that’s pigeoned in….kinda like how “A Million Little Things” forced it i….but the nazi thing?  Just because a show has Nazi bad guys doesn’t mean it’s meant as an attack on conservative views…are we to think the entire indiana jones series is a knock on conservative people?  No.

(06-20-2022, 03:32 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, the criticism of conservatives comes when Stormfront, the Nazi, basically weaponizes right wing talking points to gain popularity and followers. I haven't watched the second season since it came out in 2020, so I don't have explicit memories of the talking points used, but it's you know, anti-immigrant, anti-muslim (which they often sub in with the word "terrorist), "preserving our culture" talking points that you can see on any given night watching Tucker Carlson.

I don't think the show is saying conservatives are Nazis or even that conservative view points are akin to Nazi viewpoints. I think it's more like they're saying ill intentioned people can weaponize conservatism to advance their outwardly reasonable (secure our borders) but inwardly hateful (I hate non-white people) goals.

But that's just my read on it. I obviously have my biases. I'm glad you don't feel alienated by the show like the OP has.

Wait, what? I thought this was about penises and men's butts.

Guess I just wasted my money on an Amazon Prime membership.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 02:12 AM)basballguy Wrote: i was raging the first half of your comment....then i figured out in the second half you were joking.

The show is brilliant.  I'm not much of a comic guy but i would totally read the comics this is based on.  

I think its great how they find ways to draw parallels into todays society.....especially around politics.  It capitalizes on liberal and conservative extremism equally.  

I recommend this series to anyone that can stomach the blood and gore.  

it's obvious they are trying to push certain narratives like making the bad guy homelander out to be like trump, making the nazi and blm type stuff painting the right as bad, showing naked men forcing children to watch that, making it seem like all the good characters are more progressive. 

by the way, i ain't the only one that see this. many articles out there criticizing the show and call it out. charlie kirk had a great podcast segment where he exposed the agenda in the show.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wait, what? I thought this was about penises and men's butts.

Guess I just wasted my money on an Amazon Prime membership.

i can take the informed opinions of guys like charlie kirk and ben shapiro, who know what they're talking about or some guy on a message board. i think i'll stick with charlie and ben and my own eyes.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:22 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: it's obvious they are trying to push certain narratives like making the bad guy homelander out to be like trump, making the nazi and blm type stuff painting the right as bad, showing naked men forcing children to watch that, making it seem like all the good characters are more progressive. 

by the way, i ain't the only one that see this. many articles out there criticizing the show and call it out. charlie kirk had a great podcast segment where he exposed the agenda in the show.

This is based off a comic book that was written 10-15 years ago.  These characters and storylines existed long before Trump.   Whatever
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:29 PM)basballguy Wrote: This is based off a comic book that was written 10-15 years ago.  These characters and storylines existed long before Trump.   Whatever

you might want to read some articles about how the show has been molded to represent the current views of todays society from a very specific slant. if you can see that and what the show is trying to push, i don't know what to tell you.

they're doing this wth all types of shows and movies now.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:40 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you might want to read some articles about how the show has been molded to represent the current views of todays society from a very specific slant. if you can see that and what the show is trying to push, i don't know what to tell you.

they're doing this wth all types of shows and movies now.

Oh my....you really are serious.  

Social issues have always been in TV shows.  Its television....whether we like it or not, people care about those issues and if it's popular in social spectrum then it's going to find it's way into TV.  It only becomes a problem when it's a social issue where there are two sides but only one is represented.  If it's a social issue where there's only one side to it, then who cares?  Nazis are bad....racism is bad....there's no harm there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1979/09/23/the-sitcoms-get-serious/e99582ce-e759-479c-a442-910c2d080a91/

This is an article from 1979 about Happy Days working in a social issue before they even called them social issues.  

The golden girls always covered social issues:

https://screenrant.com/the-golden-girls-way-ahead-of-its-time/

A Million Little Things (a show i mentioned earlier) is a show that does a pretty good job on incorporating social issues and doing it's best to capture both sides.  They sometimes miss but I don't think they're pushing an agenda when that happens.  

I think this is more of a case where you a) need an appetite for this kind of show (comics, gore, satire) and b) need to actually watch the show to fully understand.  However, I don't think that's in the cards for you.  
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:02 PM)basballguy Wrote: Oh my....you really are serious.  

Social issues have always been in TV shows.  Its television....whether we like it or not, people care about those issues and if it's popular in social spectrum then it's going to find it's way into TV.  It only becomes a problem when it's a social issue where there are two sides but only one is represented.  If it's a social issue where there's only one side to it, then who cares?  Nazis are bad....racism is bad....there's no harm there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1979/09/23/the-sitcoms-get-serious/e99582ce-e759-479c-a442-910c2d080a91/

This is an article from 1979 about Happy Days working in a social issue before they even called them social issues.  

The golden girls always covered social issues:

https://screenrant.com/the-golden-girls-way-ahead-of-its-time/

A Million Little Things (a show i mentioned earlier) is a show that does a pretty good job on incorporating social issues and doing it's best to capture both sides.  They sometimes miss but I don't think they're pushing an agenda when that happens.  

I think this is more of a case where you a) need an appetite for this kind of show (comics, gore, satire) and b) need to actually watch the show to fully understand.  However, I don't think that's in the cards for you.  

thanks for making my point. agendas being pushed thru tv and movies has been a problem for far too long and is only getting worse. when i watch something i don't want to be told what the other side thinks about my side. just make a show and leave the commentary. it's why i stick mostly to pureflix and old westerns nowdays.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 01:26 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i can take the informed opinions of guys like charlie kirk and ben shapiro, who know what they're talking about or some guy on a message board. i think i'll stick with charlie and ben and my own eyes.

I don't know who Charlie Kirk is but Ben Shapiro's propaganda is a joke.  He is constantly proven wrong.  Remember when he guaranteed Chauvin would be acquitted? Even Joe Rogan made fun of Shapiro for getting so triggered over the movie "Black Panther". But my all-time Shapiro stroke of genius was when he claimed that even if global warming was real and the sea levels rose 10 feet to flood all the costal areas that people would still just "sell their homes and move inland".  But for some reason he never explained who would buy these hom,es and businesses that were going under water. LMAO

He is a complete clown.  The only people who listen to him just want to be told what they want to hear.  So they don't care if it is completely ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2022, 02:10 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: agendas being pushed thru tv and movies has been a problem for far too long and is only getting worse. 

You don't have any problem with "agendas".  You just don't like agendas different from yours.

You like old westerns that portray Native Americans as violent savages instead of victims of genocide at the hands of the US government.
Reply/Quote