Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the discovered the TE position
I wanted to title this the I Eat Crow TE thread....It was great seeing this team finally tap into this option last night and I had to squint my eyes a few times watching Drew Sample actually make a decent TD reception and our much maligned Irv make plays and a great TD catch as well. Also, the best of them all ...Tanner Hudson who if he adds some bulk and continues to improve maybe a find for us. It almost looked like the Bengals and the TE room have been reading alot of the criticism.
Collinsworth had an interesting take on Hudson on being like Kelce as they both used to be QBs and understand the pass routes and where to get open.
Prediction: Tanner will be dating Taylor Swift by week 17 just in time for playoff showdown with KC.
Reply/Quote
On the discord chat last night, someone posted that they just hate Drew Sample. A few minutes later (it might have been more than a few), Drew catches a pass and takes it to the endzone for the TE. Good times.

(He did give props to Drew for the TD, if you were wondering)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm not ready to crown Hudson after just one game. 4 recs for 45 yards? Nice, but I need to see more. If you combine Irv, Hudson and Sample's stats into one, our TEs caught 10 passes for 101 yards plus 2 TDs last night, a huge improvement from what we've seen in the last weeks. Maybe we don't need a great TE after all, just try to get Irv and Hudson involved and see what they can do.
Reply/Quote
Sample when he has a bit of a head of steam can bull through people as we saw. Hudson just makes plays for you.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:49 AM)Bengalion Wrote: I'm not ready to crown Hudson after just one game. 

Dude has already outplayed Irv, IMO and should be the starting TE or primary backup if Drew is starting. Keep Irv for depth, but dude is just dropping the ball too many times. 
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Bengals have been reading on here, because it looked like they were making a bit of a statement last night. Completing 10 passes to 3 different TEs, 2 of them for TDs, in the same game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The most involved TE game since Esiason was lobbing darts to Holman and Harris.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 12:02 PM)Rattler Wrote: The most involved TE game since Esiason was lobbing darts to Holman and Harris.

Don't forget the one glorious season of Eifert. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 12:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Don't forget the one glorious season of Eifert. 

or the season that should have been with Ross & Harris...
Reply/Quote
Best TE core game Iv seen ever. All 3 guys made BIG plays. Tanner had 3 3rd down conversions and Irv/Sample scored

You don’t need that one star when you have 3 guys who can combine to equal one elite TE
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:45 AM)PhilHos Wrote: On the discord chat last night, someone posted that they just hate Drew Sample. A few minutes later (it might have been more than a few), Drew catches a pass and takes it to the endzone for the TE. Good times.

Talking about me? I did say I hate that Drew Sample is the 3rd down RB and the reason I hate it showed up last night. 3rd and long Bills show pressure but drop out which means Sample had a check release the ball went to him at the line it was a low ball but his feet look like they were stuck in molasses as he transitioned from receiver to runner. He did get outdone for most unathletic play though on that weak side toss play Orlando Brown looked like he was in slow motion.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:45 AM)PhilHos Wrote: On the discord chat last night, someone posted that they just hate Drew Sample. A few minutes later (it might have been more than a few), Drew catches a pass and takes it to the endzone for the TE. Good times.

Speaking of the Discord chat - you need to get the Discord app on your phone, then you can still participate even when you've decided to watch the game while in bed.  Unless that was code for doing something else!  heheheheh.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals have been reading on here, 

Who doesn't read on here?  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 12:43 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Speaking of the Discord chat - you need to get the Discord app on your phone, then you can still participate even when you've decided to watch the game while in bed.  Unless that was code for doing something else!  heheheheh.

Well, let's just say that even though I was watching the game, my wife was ... uh ... otherwise occupied ... uh ... checking me for testicular cancer. ThumbsUp

I mean, I guess I could've still used my phone (which is what I was using in the 1st half), but that's just an extra distraction I didn't need.
Reply/Quote
Not to be a complete downer, but I don’t expect to see that much production from the TE room rest of season. Some people thought the running game was finally good after SF, but it came back down to earth against Buffalo.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Sample is inferior, sure he scored a TD, but he's also missed more TD's in the redzone than the opposite. What hurts him is he can't catch, it's 2023 and you need to block AND catch, you might be better at one than the other, but catching is the getter in TODAY's NFL, otherwise, if you need a blocker, bring back the FULLBACK position, that's how Dillon was able to become who he was. Also the fact that other new Bengal TE's are making waves, is likely making Sample understand that being drafted #2 doesn't mean job security any longer. If he's gone, I'm OK with it. The OC finally making schemes with TE's again like the last 2 seasons is showing fruitition, unless Burrow was just avoiding them because he wasn't seeing them open as he was used to with Uza or Hurst. My 2 pennies.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 12:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Don't forget the one glorious season of Eifert. 

I just realized yesterday that the other Tyler (Kroft) is still in the league. Not that he's seen much action lately but he really did contribute for us back in 2017.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 12:43 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Speaking of the Discord chat -

I will say this: it was alot harder on my heart not having the plays spoiled for me in the Discord chat.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 11:40 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I wanted to title this the I Eat Crow TE thread....It was great seeing this team finally tap into this option last night and I had to squint my eyes a few times watching Drew Sample actually make a decent TD reception and our much maligned Irv make plays and  a great TD catch as well. Also, the best of them all ...Tanner Hudson who if he adds some bulk and continues to improve maybe  a find for us. It almost looked like the Bengals and the TE room have been reading alot of the criticism.
Collinsworth had an interesting take on Hudson on being like Kelce as they both used to be QBs and understand the pass routes and where to get open.
Prediction: Tanner will be dating Taylor Swift by week 17 just in time for playoff showdown with KC.

Nice seeing Irv play well specifically. Not surprised by Hudson getting some nice catches and helping out the Offense with all the
praise Joe has gave him. Drew is a good player, best blocking TE in the NFL last I checked, good on him catching the ball and getting
into the End Zone. No on that Swifty chick dating a Bengal please....
Reply/Quote
If TE by committee works... Fine by me. That was an extremely impressive day for the TE room
Reply/Quote