Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade rumor
(10-24-2019, 10:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: "A new young head coach with new ideas brings excitement."

Yawn

Only our fan base would ever consider a coaching change something to actually get hyped up over. Most teams do it a little more frequently than every 16 years.

And if you don’t think a #1OA QB doesn’t bring excitement you weren’t following the Bengals when they took Palmer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not even sure this rumor has any legs.

Who is the source?  Schefter or some 14 year old on the internet.

I have a feeling there is nothing to this rumor.

But that will not prevent it from being mentioned thousands of times by people ripping Mike brown for "Turning down a 1st and 3rd round pick for a  WR who could not even play and we were going to lose to free agency anyway."
Reply/Quote
Depends on what he means by "salvage."

If he means to mercifully take the vehicle off the road and sell it for parts, I completely agree.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 09:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...WHERE is Dalton going to go that he'd be guaranteed to start?

People say he'll go home to Texas but the Texans wouldn't start him over Watson.

He could go to Chicago and compete for the job possibly. There are a few spots like that. Maybe Tennessee.

He'd most likely be a backup until there was an injury.

I could see Chicago or Tennessee as landing spots for him.  Maybe Tampa Bay. Trubisky isn't going to get the job done in Chicago, and I have a suspicion that Tennessee and Tampa won't want to re-sign Mariota and Winston to second contracts. So you've got three teams right there that might be entering QB purgatory. Dalton could function as a stop-gag until they find a college QB that they fall in love with.  

I don't know why, but I can easily picture him in a Titans uniform.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Why does everyone forget Indianapolis? That'd be a perfect fit for him.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:35 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I could see Chicago or Tennessee as landing spots for him.  Maybe Tampa Bay.   

I don't know why, but I can easily picture him in a Titans uniform.  

Why would TB want him? Winston’s numbers are better than Dalton’s right now.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why would TB want him? Winston’s numbers are better than Dalton’s right now.

Is Winston playing well enough right now for Tampa to feel comfortable with offering a second contract?  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:37 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Why does everyone forget Indianapolis? That'd be a perfect fit for him.

Probably because Brissett has them in 1st place...

Brissett has thrown for 14 TD only 3 INT an has a 101 rating. Have you seen Dalton play this season??

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:40 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Is Winston playing well enough right now for Tampa to feel comfortable with offering a second contract?  

Hard to say. But if they are bad rest of the season and end up with a high pick I could see them drafting his replacement over trading for a washed up mediocre QB like Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why would TB want him? Winston’s numbers are better than Dalton’s right now.

Same reason many teams would like to have Joe Mixon instead of one of the 42 players with better rushing numbers right now.

Dalton is a better QB than Winston.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Same reason many many teams would like to have Joe Mixon instead of one of the 42 players with better rushing numbers right now.

Dalton is a better QB than Winston.

Was. Whether he is at this point is debatable.

Reply/Quote
And just for the record I’m not sure Mixon would have all that many suitors right now either.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably because Brissett has them in 1st place...

Brissett has thrown for 14 TD only 3 INT an has a 101 rating. Have you seen Dalton play this season??

No. 

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:50 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No. 

No, you don’t agree with me that the Colts would rather stick with Jacoby? Or no, you haven’t watched Dalton play this season? Cause if it’s the latter I envy you.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And just for the record I’m not sure Mixon would have all that many suitors right now either.

I think you're wrong on that one. Mixon has proven he's a talented back. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:54 AM)R3stangs Wrote: I think you're wrong on that one. Mixon has proven he's a talented back. 

How often do teams trade for a RB? Doesn’t seem to happen very often unless I’m forgetting some big ones in recent years.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And just for the record I’m not sure Mixon would have all that many suitors right now either.

Of course you don't.

But thanks for proving how you judge players.

"Forget the film.  Just show me the stats."
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course you don't.

But thanks for proving how you judge players.

"Forget the film.  Just show me the stats."

This is rich, coming from the stat cherry picking king of the board that uses Pro Bowls to support his arguments.

Also, see my post above. I just don’t think many teams trade for RB’s. Especially ones that are severely struggling.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 10:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, you don’t agree with me that the Colts would rather stick with Jacoby? Or no, you haven’t watched Dalton play this season? Cause if it’s the latter I envy you.

You've seen me in every game thread this season. Probably pretty fair to guess I was joking as to whether or not I've seen Daldo. 

I'd stick with Brissett; I'd stick with just about any other QB than Daldo. But NFL franchises looovee spiritual veteran creaminess from their QBs, and Daldo has that over Brissett. Besides, I like Jacoby - he was a Florida Gator, but I know he's outplaying himself presently. 

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 11:18 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You've seen me in every game thread this season. Probably pretty fair to guess I was joking as to whether or not I've seen Daldo. 

I'd stick with Brissett; I'd stick with just about any other QB than Daldo. But NFL franchises looovee spiritual veteran creaminess from their QBs, and Daldo has that over Brissett. Besides, I like Jacoby - he was a Florida Gator, but I know he's outplaying himself presently. 

On pace to lead the league in TD right now. Pretty nice story for the Colts.

Reply/Quote