Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade rumor
(10-23-2019, 08:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If they have an offer for a 1st and 3rd, and decline it, they're so much more stupid than i've ever given them credit for. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9900210]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’ve been against the idea of trading AJ, because I want our next QB to at least have a couple really good WR’s, but that offer would be too good to refuse. A 1st + anything probably would be.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:53 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I'd love to see Green play for the Packers.

Can't we just bring Aaron Rodgers here?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been against the idea of trading AJ, because I want our next QB to at least have a couple really good WR’s, but that offer would be too good to refuse. A 1st + anything probably would be.

I'm with you on that. If we're blowing it up, it doesn't hurt to sign AJ Green. We're not gonna adequately replace him with a late first round pick... Not to mention I think that rumor is BS. A 1sr and a 3rd for a half year rental on a guy who hasn't played in a year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:55 PM)jason Wrote: Can't we just bring Aaron Rodgers here?

Why? He'd be terrible behind this O-line .
#Andy'sArmy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why? He'd be terrible behind this O-line .
#Andy'sArmy

Yeah but he gives good speeches or something. It'll elevate everyone's play.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been against the idea of trading AJ, because I want our next QB to at least have a couple really good WR’s, but that offer would be too good to refuse. A 1st + anything probably would be.

If Mike Brown won't trade AJ for a 1st and 3rd what makes you think he's in a hurry to move on from Dalton?  The lack of moves we are making doesn't indicate he thinks we are rebuilding, so much as we are a win-now team that has just gotten super unlucky the past few seasons with injuries.

AJ for a 1st and 3rd, no way!  But he's going to cut the only good QB he's ever had that didn't go all "get me outta here" on him?  Ehh...Ida know.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Mike Brown won't trade AJ for a 1st and 3rd what makes you think he's in a hurry to move on from Dalton?  The lack of moves we are making doesn't indicate he thinks we are rebuilding, so much as we are a win-now team that has just gotten super unlucky the past few seasons with injuries.

AJ for a 1st and 3rd, no way!  But he's going to cut the only good QB he's ever had that didn't go all "get me outta here" on him?  Ehh...Ida know.

Because he’s not going to be ok with an empty stadium. A high 1st round QB brings excitement.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Mike Brown won't trade AJ for a 1st and 3rd what makes you think he's in a hurry to move on from Dalton?  The lack of moves we are making doesn't indicate he thinks we are rebuilding, so much as we are a win-now team that has just gotten super unlucky the past few seasons with injuries.

The year aint over with yet.

Andy very well could go to Mike Brown and demand some FA help to put this team in a position to win and Mikey boy will just give him the same speech he gave Palmer. And poof.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Because he’s not going to be ok with an empty stadium. A high 1st round QB brings excitement.

Being active on the trade market and in free agency and/or hiring a GM would bring excitement, too.

(10-23-2019, 10:23 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The year aint over with yet.

Andy very well could go to Mike Brown and demand some FA help to put this team in a position to win and Mikey boy will just give him the same speech he gave Palmer. And poof.

Would Dalton really pull a Palmer and leave, though?  He seems like he'd just not rock the boat and be a good soldier.  Then again, fans might be so eager to take Mike Brown's side if it happens again.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It wouldn't upset me at all.

1. I'd like to see AJ have a shot somewhere, he has none here.

2. MB doesn't do free agency so we need the draft picks.

The reason why I said people would be upset is that Mike Brown is being offered 1 & 3 for Green and he refuses to trade Green.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF this rumor is true and the Bengals turn down a 1st and 3rd, it likely means they think they aren't rebuilding and are just Jonah and Green and a healthy Glenn away from being respectable.

aka In denial.

Maybe.  But I think Green is one of the few bright spots on the Bengals.  If Green stays with the Bengals and the team wins 3-4 games, it will take they out of the top 3 of the draft.  

No one knows for sure, but speculation is that Green is not playing against the Rams in London because they do not want to risk injury and decrease his trade value.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not even sure this rumor has any legs.

Who is the source?  Schefter or some 14 year old on the internet.

It was on 1410 am in Dayton, Ohio.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
this is exactly why the Bengals are the shittiest team in the NFL. you have owners who are too stupid to trade an aging player with half a season left on contract who hasn't played a game all season. Sorry, I don't even read the forums anymore, but sometimes I like to drop in just to vent my frustration. If you guys still financially support this team in any way you need to have your head examined.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If AJ Green was healthy and playing weekly I would hang up on the Green Bay Packers. However, a first and a third for an injured player is too good to pass up.

There is also the remote possibility AJ Green is healthy and telling the Bengals one thing while his agent assures potential suitors he’s good to go.
Reply/Quote
If this is true they should do it without hesitation. Good for AJ and good for the bangles, Everyone wins.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:34 PM)Okeana Wrote: this is exactly why the Bengals are the shittiest team in the NFL. you have owners who are too stupid to trade an aging player with half a season left on contract who hasn't played a game all season. Sorry, I don't even read the forums anymore, but sometimes I like to drop in just to vent my frustration. If you guys still financially support this team in any way you need to have your head examined.

Well one could argue that popping in to tell strangers how to live is a bit odd too, but that's neither here nor there.

Also... This is nothing more than a rumor with no name on it.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: It was on 1410 am in Dayton, Ohio.

I was listening too... They didn't name a source.

I doubt it's true. I'm sure the Packers, and most contenders are interested, but I doubt they're offering this much.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:27 PM)jorev5 Wrote: I really want him to retire as a Bengal.  But if her were to go, the Packers would be my 1st choice.  They are probably my 2nd favorite team after the Bengals.  My Father is a Packers fan.  Grew up watching more Packers games than any other team (of course Dad always decided what we watched growing up and this includes Married with Children)  I probably watched Brett Favre just as much as I did Carson Palmer or Andy Daulton.

What's wrong with Married with Children? Favre was fun to watch until he became a diva in the aughts. Probably my favorite QB ever.

Anyway, Fly AJ , FLY

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:55 PM)jason Wrote: Can't we just bring Aaron Rodgers here?

I dunno, some feel Rodgers isn't ELITE anymore and it appears Bengals fans will only settle for a ELITE QB.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/are-we-sure-aaron-rodgers-is-still-an-elite-quarterback/

Reply/Quote