Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trade rumor
Aaron Rodgers would be the most fortunate quarterback on earth throwing to AJ Green. Those two might set records which would never be broken.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would be surprised at that offer but AGs age would match to Rodgers
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Green is one of my all time favorite players. As much as it would suck to see him go, that deal makes sense for everyone involved. You take that deal and rebuild the roster if you're the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF this rumor is true and the Bengals turn down a 1st and 3rd, it likely means they think they aren't rebuilding and are just Jonah and Green and a healthy Glenn away from being respectable.

aka In denial.

If they have an offer for a 1st and 3rd, and decline it, they're so much more stupid than i've ever given them credit for. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
If someone is offering a 1st and 3rd for Green, you take it, because it is a stupidly good deal for the Bengals. In year 3 or 4, sure, but after some injuries and age, not worth that much. Wouldn't matter, anyway, as they would find a way to draft someone who sets a record at the combine and a guy who had one good junior year of play in four years of college.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals would have to not be a good professional team to turn down this trade! Fans are too F’n sentimental and it makes Mike go along with it. Take the deal Mike, move into 21st Century sports!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 08:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If they have an offer for a 1st and 3rd, and decline it, they're as so much more stupid than i've ever given them credit for. 

Didn't Brown turn down an offer to receive all of the Saints' draft picks one year?

The precedence has been set.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If nothing else it makes a nice alliteration

A J Green Bay.

I love you Fred.  I Love you So Much. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:00 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Didn't Brown turn down an offer to receive all of the Saints' draft picks one year?

Yup...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:00 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Didn't Brown turn down an offer to receive all of the Saints' draft picks one year?

Yes. He put all his eggs in the Akili Smith basket!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:00 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Didn't Brown turn down an offer to receive all of the Saints' draft picks one year?

Yeah to draft Akili Smith. This usually makes it in all the Bengals history highlights.

(10-23-2019, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If nothing else it makes a nice alliteration

A J Green Bay.

That's not an alliteration though. "Green gets greedy, goes gang Green" would be. Admittedly, that's less funny and I'm not even sure if Green Bay is called gang green. But it's an alliteration.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes. He put all his eggs in the Akili Smith basket!

Well, that rooster didn't crow..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, that rooster didn't crow..

Mike Brown thought Akili Smith would be the rooster who laid golden eggs.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mike Brown thought Akili Smith would be the rooster who laid golden eggs.

Well, I'm sure that he also viewed Kijana Carter as the second coming of Walter Payton..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I really want him to retire as a Bengal. But if her were to go, the Packers would be my 1st choice. They are probably my 2nd favorite team after the Bengals. My Father is a Packers fan. Grew up watching more Packers games than any other team (of course Dad always decided what we watched growing up and this includes Married with Children) I probably watched Brett Favre just as much as I did Carson Palmer or Andy Daulton.
Reply/Quote
There is nothing about a first and a third that interests me, especially with these clowns drafting. Nothing about this teams recent draft history reflects that they are capable of replacing a HOF WR, with juice left in the tank. This organization has consistently screwed the pooch during the draft, only occasionally finding an Easter egg or two.
The last sure thing that they drafted is the very thing being considered as trade bait. I can't get onboard with it. He's a proven commodity when healthy.
Ts, best of luck to him , if it happens. He deserves better than this SS.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:38 PM)phil413 Wrote: I can't remember if you can tag a player you acquire in the last year of their deal.  Maybe you can and I'm confusing the rules with MLB.  Even if Green Bay can tag him, I can't imagine they're offering a 1st and 3rd that's a ridiculous haul.

do it if true!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:26 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: There is nothing about a first and a third that interests me, especially with these clowns drafting. Nothing about this teams recent draft history reflects that they are capable of replacing a HOF WR, with juice left in the tank. This organization has consistently screwed the pooch during the draft, only occasionally finding an Easter egg or two.
The last sure thing that they drafted is the very thing being considered as trade bait. I can't get onboard with it. He's a proven commodity when healthy.

The only think for sure right now, is that he's of no avail to the Bengals, and has been for the better part of over two seasons.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 09:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The only think for sure right now, is that he's of no avail to the Bengals, and has been for the better part of over two seasons.
Agree that he's been on the pine for awhile. Ts, last season playing for a lame duck coach, and this season having missed time because some genius wanted to hold practice on a flood plain.
He was running routes on Sunday. He looks like he's almost ready. Without him this team will not win a game this season. I watch Miami play every other week. We can't beat them right now. Mark Walton will run wild!! Let that sink in...lol...Mark Walton...haha

Being a Bengals fan has to be one of the worst afflictions ever conceived....lol
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 07:00 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I know this will upset some if true.  On 1410 am, radio, the show stated the Packers are offering the Bengals a 1st & 3rd for AJ Green.  
If true, a 1st & 3rd could really help the Bengals for the future.  The Word is that Mike Brown refuses to trade Green.  

I have not heard any rumors for Atkins or others.  

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/aj-green-wont-be-traded-unless-bengals-get-overthetop-obscene-offer-596191.html

A 1st and 3rd is better than a 3rd round comp pick two years from now, if we even get a 3rd round comp pick. It could be a 4th rounder depending on the terms of the deal and how many games AJ plays next year for a new team.

Reply/Quote