Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
trumps space force
[Image: 35812604_2748262181888038_77355873081617...e=5BBF2F3A]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-20-2018, 12:39 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I was, see my avatar, Dark Helmet.

Someone told me I should see Ghostbusters. I don't know if I should. Is it a good movie? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-20-2018, 02:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Someone told me I should see Ghostbusters. I don't know if I should. Is it a good movie? Ninja

Only if you like disasters of biblical proportions.

Real wrath of God type stuff.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes.....

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 35646556_10155995212086865_7208037110849...e=5BAF2BCD]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Video 
I don't wanna be in the forces who're going to meet this guy for the first time Big Grin

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(06-20-2018, 02:49 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Only if you like disasters of biblical proportions.

Real wrath of God type stuff.

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.

Forty years of darkness!  Earthquakes, volcanoes.....

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

What if I like when dickless people turn things off? Ninja
(06-20-2018, 02:59 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What if I like when dickless people turn things off? Ninja

bad things happen.  Bad things.  

Don't cross the streams.

Total protonic reversal.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(06-20-2018, 02:55 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I don't wanna be in the forces who're going to meet this guy for the first time Big Grin

[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-20-2018, 03:03 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: bad things happen.  Bad things.  

Don't cross the streams.

Total protonic reversal.

Sounds like my kind of movie. The only thing that would make it perfect is if there was some discussion about a large Twinkie. 
(06-20-2018, 03:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sounds like my kind of movie. The only thing that would make it perfect is if there was some discussion about a large Twinkie. 

This definitely sounds like your kind of movie cuz it has that too! :)

(06-20-2018, 03:43 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This definitely sounds like your kind of movie cuz it has that too!   :)

You've convinced me! LOL
(06-20-2018, 08:39 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: There is Space Balls 2 which came in theater last year. It is called The Last Jedi.

You definitely have crossed the line by mocking Spaceballs like this.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-20-2018, 12:39 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I was, see my avatar, Dark Helmet.

Holy jebus I totally missed that.  I just got of work last night and was about five drinks deep when I typed that.  I didn't even look at your avatar.
(06-19-2018, 02:50 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: For now a space force is useless.

We don't have the technology for it and if some illegals aliens from space are able to travel to Earth, we won"t stop them with our prehistoric forces.

(06-19-2018, 08:49 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yup. It wouldnt be like the movies like Independence Day. A war with an alien race that has the ability to travel here would last a nanosecond.

Pretty much agreed on both of these, but I will point out that the research and development of such technologies need to be begun BEFORE they are needed.

As space is beginning to become more of a financial market, once Mars eventually gets a colony, and asteroid mining becomes a thing, any unprotected growing financial market will need a protective/policing force.

Now is it about 20 years too early for that need? Almost certainly. There will be a need, though. Even if we assume there is no other intelligent life out there, we'll need an armed force against our own kind once the money in space becomes huge.

Replace space with the Atlantic Ocean, Mars with North America, and while it's not an exact thing, once there's enough money in it, there will be piracy in it, or a rival country not wanting our colonizing attempts to be more successful than theirs, or whatever. Think Spain/France/Britian colonizing the Americas.

As I said before, probably about 20 years early, but it is an effort that is going to need to be started eventually because that's just human nature.

Not to mention the fact that a lot of things happen because of military desire, and then filtering into civilian life. Just think of jet engines, GPS, or microwaves.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
With how fast technology has advanced and continues to advance, we should have had a base on the moon by now with expeditions to and from Mars along with exploration of moons around the gas giants.

Thanks ObaBusClinBusReaCarForNixon, you jackasses. I might as well throw in a Joh there too.

Could you imagine how far we could be in 50 years if every Administration since Kennedy took space seriously? 

And, Kennedy only did it for weapons so hell, every Administration since Washington are to blame...punk asses.
(06-25-2018, 09:04 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: With how fast technology has advanced and continues to advance, we should have had a base on the moon by now with expeditions to and from Mars along with exploration of moons around the gas giants.

Thanks ObaBusClinBusReaCarForNixon, you jackasses. I might as well throw in a Joh there too.

Could you imagine how far we could be in 50 years if every Administration since Kennedy took space seriously? 

And, Kennedy only did it for weapons so hell, every Administration since Washington are to blame...punk asses.

You need to give Lincoln a pass. He had his hands full killing vampires, according to a documentary I watched.   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]