Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vikings at bengals friday night
At last......It's been 7 long months since we blew the lead with seconds left in that play-off game....and Reds in last place all season.....I'm ready to see AJ McCarron QB a good part of this game and the new faces on The Bengals. ...Bring on Friday Night. ....Coach Zimmer back in town.......Last we saw AJ McCarron, he was throwing what should have been the game winning touchdown to AJ Green. Fumble and penalties really blew it. AJ to AJ should have been first play-off win since 1990 season. He should get his share of QB time in this one.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I am just excited for football in general! Definitely a great chance to see the bubble guys.
Reply/Quote
Who-DEY!?

Football season is once more upon us!

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Wait, it's called FOOTball? I've been calling it FARTball all these years and no one bothered to correct me. Gah, I must look like a big ol' dope!
Reply/Quote
Whats New going into 2016.......Hue Jackson no longer Offensive Coordinator. Hue the Head Coach at Cleveland. Ken Zampese is new Offensive Coordinator. Kim Haslett new Linebacker Coach.......Defensive Line Coach Jay Hayes new Defensive Line Coach at Tampa.  Jacob Burney new Defensive Line Coach.  Kevin Coyle named Defensive Backs Coach. Bill Lazor named Quarterbacks coach. Robert Livingston moved to Assistant Defensive Backs Coach. Robert Couch named Offensive Quality Control Coach. Dan Pitcher named Offensive Assistant Coach. ......WR Mohammed Sanu,  WR Marvin Jones, Safety Reggie Nelson lost in Free Agency to other teams.  Terminated the contract of LB AJ Hawk......Signed Free Agent Safety Taylor Mays from Oakland.....THE DRAFT :  Round One, CB, William Jackson...Round Two, WR Tyler Boyd....Round Three, LB, Nick Vigil.....Round Four, DT, Andrew Billings...Round Five, G, Christian Westerman....Round Six, WR, Cody Core.....Round Seven, Safety, Clayton Fejedelem.......Undrafted college signings : DE, Ryan Brown..DE, Jack Gangwish......DT, David Dean....LB, Darian Harris...LB, Gionni Paul......CB, Darius Hillary....CB, Corey Tindall....G/C, Alex Cooper....G/C, Alex Redmond....G/C, Trip Thurman.....OT, John Weidenaar.....HB, Tra Carson....QB, Matt Johnson.....WR, Alex Erickson....WR, Antwane Grant....WR, Alonzo Russell....  WR, Rashaun Simonise.....Kicker, Jonathan Brown.....Signed FA Safety Jimmy Wilson. ......also not listed on Bengals.com transactions are signed veterans WR- Brandon LaVell and LB- Karlos Dansby.

So, we need the new offensive coordinator and the new coaches to step up......we need some linebackers to step up and fill some holes....we need some DBs to step up and fill some holes....We need some O Linemen to step up .....and we very much need some WR's to fill the void left by Jones and Sanu........We start seeing what we got Friday Night..........STRONGEST AREA--D Line.......WEAKEST AREA----WR
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Cannot wait to see some football! Tiger

Pre-season might be interesting now that we have a good backup that will give guys a chance to compete. Some QBs were so awful (Jeff Rowe, Jordan Palmer, Jason Campbell to name a few) I just felt bad for the other guys trying to prove themselves.
Reply/Quote
I would not call the D-line the strongest area as I might even call the DEs our weakest area.  Dunlap is awesome, but MJ hasn't generated much pressure on the QB and the depth behind them (with any experience) is paper thin.  
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would not call the D-line the strongest area as I might even call the DEs our weakest area.  Dunlap is awesome, but MJ hasn't generated much pressure on the QB and the depth behind them (with any experience) is paper thin.  

And experience at WR is thicker paper than DE thin ????  You might not love the depth/ability at DE but experience ?

Hunt- 4th season,  Clark- 3rd season, what experience is depth behind AJ Green and Lafell ( both considered the starters)
Reply/Quote
Here's to hoping no Injuries.

There's really no need to play Dalton nor Green.
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to getting started..
Reply/Quote
The prodigal son Mike Zimmer returns to the Jungle and he brings Louisville Cardinal Teddy Bridgewater with him.

Plus all the new starters from the Bengals to scout.

Yep, as excited as I have ever been for a preseason game.

Go Bengals !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping Lamur does not wreck one of our receivers.....
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 04:50 PM)kevin Wrote: Whats New going into 2016.......Hue Jackson no longer Offensive Coordinator. Hue the Head Coach at Cleveland. Ken Zampese is new Offensive Coordinator. Kim Haslett new Linebacker Coach.......Defensive Line Coach Jay Hayes new Defensive Line Coach at Tampa.  Jacob Burney new Defensive Line Coach.  Kevin Coyle named Defensive Backs Coach. Bill Lazor named Quarterbacks coach. Robert Livingston moved to Assistant Defensive Backs Coach. Robert Couch named Offensive Quality Control Coach. Dan Pitcher named Offensive Assistant Coach. ......WR Mohammed Sanu,  WR Marvin Jones, Safety Reggie Nelson lost in Free Agency to other teams.  Terminated the contract of LB AJ Hawk......Signed Free Agent Safety Taylor Mays from Oakland.....THE DRAFT :  Round One, CB, William Jackson...Round Two, WR Tyler Boyd....Round Three, LB, Nick Vigil.....Round Four, DT, Andrew Billings...Round Five, G, Christian Westerman....Round Six, WR, Cody Core.....Round Seven, Safety, Clayton Fejedelem.......Undrafted college signings : DE, Ryan Brown..DE, Jack Gangwish......DT, David Dean....LB, Darian Harris...LB, Gionni Paul......CB, Darius Hillary....CB, Corey Tindall....G/C, Alex Cooper....G/C, Alex Redmond....G/C, Trip Thurman.....OT, John Weidenaar.....HB, Tra Carson....QB, Matt Johnson.....WR, Alex Erickson....WR, Antwane Grant....WR, Alonzo Russell....  WR, Rashaun Simonise.....Kicker, Jonathan Brown.....Signed FA Safety Jimmy Wilson.

So, we need the new offensive coordinator and the new coaches to step up......we need some linebackers to step up and fill some holes....we need some DBs to step up and fill some holes....We need some O Linemen to step up .....and we very much need some WR's to fill the void left by Jones and Sanu........We start seeing what we got Friday Night..........STRONGEST AREA--D Line.......WEAKEST AREA----WR

Thanks! I just said elsewhere I need to get caught up Bengal stuff, and this did it. 

After last night's fiasco at HoF game, which I watch every year as it is the first football game on t.v., Friday cant come soon enough.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 02:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Thanks! I just said elsewhere I need to get caught up Bengal stuff, and this did it. 

After last night's fiasco at HoF game, which I watch every year as it is the first football game on t.v., Friday cant come soon enough.

Yeah, was kinda looking forward to that as well.  The first pre-season home game, despite being pre-season, is always something to celebrate.  It's the unofficial start to autumn.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would not call the D-line the strongest area as I might even call the DEs our weakest area.  Dunlap is awesome, but MJ hasn't generated much pressure on the QB and the depth behind them (with any experience) is paper thin.  

With Atkins, Dunlap and the rest this remains the best D Line in Bengals history, and if the rest of the team was as solid as our D Line we would win the Super Bowl easy. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2016, 08:59 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: And experience at WR is thicker paper than DE thin ????  You might not love the depth/ability at DE but experience ?

Hunt- 4th season,  Clark- 3rd season, what experience is depth behind AJ Green and Lafell ( both considered the starters)

I see a lot more options as receivers than I do options as pass rushers:

Receiving options with experience:  AJ Green, Lafell, Eifert, Kroft, HIll, Bernard, Burkhead 

Pass rushing options with experience:  Dunlap, MJ.  

And as i stated previously, I don't think MJ is the greatest RDE.  He's solid.  Mid-pack.  As much as I loved our draft, I was hoping for a guy like Ogbah that could come in and generate more pass rush right away.  
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 08:26 AM)kevin Wrote: With Atkins, Dunlap and the rest this remains the best D Line in Bengals history, and if the rest of the team was as solid as our D Line we would win the Super Bowl easy. 

I'm not so sure.  What has happened to our defensive line in virtually every one of the five playoff games?  The other team can go maximum protection and the Bengals got little to no pass rush generated.  It takes more than just one or two really good linemen.  Look at how the Giants won their two Super Bowls over the Pats.  They had such a deep rotation and that "NASCAR" package that blew up the middle.  The Bengals have talent but I have said many times that they needed another force at DE.  Adding Billings to push the pocket next to Geno was a nice step, but I would really have liked having Freeney on passing downs.  
Reply/Quote
I will be there as usual. But my kids, ages 9 and 6, will be making their PBS debut. They can't wait!

WHO DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
Looks McCarron could be sidelined for Friday. It might get a little ugly with Wenning and Licata.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm not so sure.  What has happened to our defensive line in virtually every one of the five playoff games?  The other team can go maximum protection and the Bengals got little to no pass rush generated.  It takes more than just one or two really good linemen.  Look at how the Giants won their two Super Bowls over the Pats.  They had such a deep rotation and that "NASCAR" package that blew up the middle.  The Bengals have talent but I have said many times that they needed another force at DE.  Adding Billings to push the pocket next to Geno was a nice step, but I would really have liked having Freeney on passing downs.  

Agreed.   This was a miscalculation on their part I believe.  He would have put the D Line in a new category.   Hopefully Hunt, Clark and/ or this new Nebraska guy show up significantly.   Otherwise we're back to the same place at the end of games.
Reply/Quote