Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
way to kill any optimism..week 1 meltdown
not sure where to start really..can't remember being so deflated in recent years after the opening day and buying into the pre season optimism.

in no particular order....

- Marvin again being ridiculously conservative at the end of the first half and end of game...what did we have to lose?
- Zamp..had no idea what we he was trying to achieve today, what weakspots where we were targetting...big question mark for me still
- Dalton...he will bounce back but that was Dalton 1.0 today , did not see that coming at all..horrible play
- OT - Ced and Fisher struggling. no surprise but seeing it in a regular season gameday brings it into focus
- run defense - even when we knew ravens were going to run we looked soft up the middle
- Gio - despite all the talk of hill/mixon we was the best out there
- geno - flashed a few times and got good penetration
- like the look of WJax
- not a lot outside of AJ at WR..though core was maybe let down by poor dalton throws

Did i miss anything!?
Reply/Quote
[Image: 3771.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:06 PM)sonofstat Wrote: not sure where to start really..can't remember being so deflated in recent years after the opening day and buying into the pre season optimism.

- Marvin again being ridiculously conservative at the end of the first half and end of game...what did we have to lose?
- Zamp..had no idea what we he was trying to achieve today, what weakspots where we were targetting...big question mark for me still
- Dalton...he will bounce back but that was Dalton 1.0 today , did not see that coming at all..horrible play
- OT - Ced and Fisher struggling. no surprise but seeing it in a regular season gameday brings it into focus
- run defense - even when we knew ravens were going to run we looked soft up the middle
- like the look of WJax
- not a lot outside of AJ at WR..though core was maybe let down by poor dalton throws

Did i miss anything!?

What pre season optimism do you speak of? We were pure shit in the preseason too
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:10 PM)Housh Wrote: What pre season optimism do you speak of? We were pure shit in the preseason too

I think part of the problem is that the coaches have decided to sleepwalk through the pre-season and as a result the team starts the season like we just saw. Granted, with this OC and line, it doesn't really matter. Those two things are going to be the weak point every week.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:10 PM)Housh Wrote: What pre season optimism do you speak of? We were pure shit in the preseason too

that was my naivety of buying into a few encouraging Hobspin articles
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)blt4584 Wrote: I think part of the problem is that the coaches have decided to sleepwalk through the pre-season and as a result the team starts the season like we just saw. Granted, with this OC and line, it doesn't really matter. Those two things are going to be the weak point every week.

Zamp is right in the cross hairs for me....either we have the individual talent (AJ, Eifert, Gio, Mixon) and he has no plan or identity to use them...or they're crappy evaluators and we're not as good we think.

Either way if it continues to look so bad across the board he has to shoulder the blame
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:25 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Zamp is right in the cross hairs for me....either we have the individual talent (AJ, Eifert, Gio, Mixon) and he has no plan or identity to use them...or they're crappy evaluators and we're not as good we think.

Either way if it continues to look so bad across the board he has to shoulder the blame

Same here.

That was no gameplan. He's a total ass hat.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:06 PM)sonofstat Wrote: not sure where to start really..can't remember being so deflated in recent years after the opening day and buying into the pre season optimism.

- like the look of WJax

Did i miss anything!?

one positive of the play of Ced is that to he has single handedly put a stop to the many 'bench Bodine' threads we used to have.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 05:18 PM)blt4584 Wrote: I think part of the problem is that the coaches have decided to sleepwalk through the pre-season and as a result the team starts the season like we just saw. Granted, with this OC and line, it doesn't really matter. Those two things are going to be the weak point every week.

Yeah......it looked like most of the Team had not played in mnths...which almost was true.  Hard to say the O-line is even mediocre....and Andy. probably had his weakest game in years.

Often on d... our LB's were so deep it was like a Prevent D (except not preventing)

Penalties?  Plenty.   Highlights? damn few. Gio ran well.   AJ caught passes but many were short yards and... I don't like him stop and wait, while some DB runs in for a pick.Eifort...1 catch, 4 yd.

We have 3 Corners who were rd 1.......I'd HOPE one PLAYS like it.   Shocked 

If THIS is where we are...........DISMAL year and a big shakeup.  I thought (and many did) Bengals and Ravens were close enough the HOME team wins. We failed to  do much. I WAS optimistic,I liked our coaching. NOW...I have doubts.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Pittsburg drafted the next great defensive player too guys

TJ Watt with 2 sacks and one pick
Reply/Quote
Could it really have been any worse? Spent all offseason hearing about how 'We've got too many weapons! Pick your poison...' blah blah. Home Opener in our 50th season, 0 points and an absolute beatdown against the one good team we do consistently well against.

This team just annoys me currently. I'll never pick another team to root or any of that crap, but I honestly struggle to get pumped up to watch currently. Total mess.
Reply/Quote

And, the middle was weak against the run all preseason too.
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to decide which thread to pop my feelings into, and I guess this is the one.

Surprisingly, my optimism isn't dead yet.

Offense had its opportunity, the moments were there, but Bad Andy squandered them all game. Some of that was due to Ogb getting beat by Sizzle like a drum. But Andy also had time on many of those plays. Let's not use any scapegoats here, Andy was the problem today.

Andy has always been streaky, it's unfortunate that one of his signature 'bad games' came on opening day. It sucks! That being said, I don't think it's an example of what we will see all season.

Defensively, I thought we played fairly well. Granted, the Ravens offense is trash. You have to feel that any other team would have put up 40+ in a 5 turnover game, but no, the defense held them to 20. One TD was on a pick play, another, the ball was handed to the Ravens at the 5. I thought the defense did fairly well WITHOUT Burfict or Jones. I saw Willis flashing again, and Geno looked good as you stated. The penalty on Billings was bogus. I thought the line looked decent.

Coordinators deserve some blame. I think Dalton should've been benched... not for the season, but just for this game. You could tell it was over when he threw that lame duck pass on that out route that just fiddled around and hit the turf. Defensively, why do we give so much cushion. I guess coach thought the offense would actually do something today. Defense might need to start playing under the assumption that we aren't going to score.

Anyways, I think Thursday will be really telling. If we bounce back, I think the season still has a chance. If we come out flat AGAIN, then I'll start to worry.
Reply/Quote
All in all, that was an extraordinarily boring game save 1 run by Gio and 1 catch by AJ. I've transformed from let's win a superbowl, to let's win a playoff game, to "please don't waste my 3 hours on Sunday", lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Cody Core has 2 TD's if Dalton doesn't throw one way short and the other 5 yards out of bounds.

That on top of 4 INTS and a red zone fumble.
Reply/Quote
It was a shitty game but I'm with Greencorn and worry after Thursday. This is very alarming but maybe they can get them motivated. The press conference Marv looked defeated ? you can tell more and more the common fans are losing interest because it was crazy empty for how they promoted this. Should send bells ringing upstairs. Or not
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: All in all, that was an extraordinarily boring game save 1 run by Gio and 1 catch by AJ. I've transformed from let's win a superbowl, to let's win a playoff game, to "please don't waste my 3 hours on Sunday", lol.

Ha, I feel this as well. Last year and this game today are like, eck maybe I should just watch some other team so I can see decent football.
Reply/Quote
I am an optimist. Let me list the things I am optimistic about after today.........................

ML will be fired and so will Zampese. We had momentum down 3-0 with ball around the 10 so he tries 2 running plays against one of the best run defenses in the NFL leaving us 3rd and 9. I called it to my friends sitting around me at the game with our offense right in front if us, AD will be sacked or throw a pick.

We were out-coached, our QB played the worst game f his career. Our receivers dropped catchable passes. Our OL was pure garbage. Our defense can't stop a power running team knowing they are going to run. Our RB's nd AJ came to play, the rest were a disappointment.

Thursday we play a team that stunk as bad as us today so it is a must win game, yes must win knowing GB is week number 3. That was the worst game I have seen at PBS maybe ever and I am a long time season ticket holder.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 09:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am an optimist. Let me list the things I am optimistic about after today.........................

ML will be fired and so will Zampese. We had momentum down 3-0 with ball around the 10 so he tries 2 running plays against one of the best run defenses in the NFL leaving us 3rd and 9. I called it to my friends sitting around me at the game with our offense right in front if us, AD will be sacked or throw a pick.

We were out-coached, our QB played the worst game f his career. Our receivers dropped catchable passes. Our OL was pure garbage. Our defense can't stop a power running team knowing they are going to run. Our RB's nd AJ came to play, the rest were a disappointment.

Thursday we play a team that stunk as bad as us today so it is a must win game, yes must win knowing GB is week number 3. That was the worst game I have seen at PBS maybe ever and I am a long time season ticket holder.

Did you forget the Cleveland Thursday night game a couple years ago?
Reply/Quote

- like the look of WJax

Did i miss anything!?

There is no maybe on that...two times Core was open and running. An average throw and he walks into the endzone on one...and is inside the 10 on the other. Just a miserable effort all around.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote