Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we open at NY Jets on 9/11
(04-14-2016, 07:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's what I was thinking. Of course the nation is going to want the NY team (playing in NY) on 9/11 to win.

Just the NFL wanting to paint the Bengals as villains again.  Ninja

When I was a kid, I always kinda rooted for the Iron Shiek.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 11:13 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: lol we play Pittsburgh w/o Burfict, who would have thought they would have scheduled us like that?

Exactly, the NFL and Goodell are a bunch of Steeler loving *****!! Pisses me off BIGTIME!! Giving us two of the AFC's top teams in the first 3 weeks. Don't be fooled this is gonna really screw with our playoff seeding again. What a bunch of scared ass, kick us while we're down bullshit!! Smack Smack Wanna smack the piss out of Goodell right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 12:30 AM)Benton Wrote: When I was a kid, I always kinda rooted for the Iron Shiek.

What about Sgt Slaughter during his "I love Iraq now for some reason" phase?

[Image: wwf_royalrumble_slaughterprepromo.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 01:08 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Exactly, the NFL and Goodell are a bunch of Steeler loving *****!! Pisses me off BIGTIME!! Giving us two of the AFC's top teams in the first 3 weeks. Don't be fooled this is gonna really screw with our playoff seeding again. What a bunch of scared ass, kick us while we're down bullshit!! Smack Smack Wanna smack the piss out of Goodell right now.

We still have a very strong defense even without Burfict. They may not have to play Burfict, but they have to play Atkins, Dunlap, Iloka, Jones, Dansby, Rey, etc. etc.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 01:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: What about Sgt Slaughter during his "I love Iraq now for some reason" phase?

[Image: wwf_royalrumble_slaughterprepromo.jpg]
No, sadly slaughter was just in it for the oil.

It took a lot to keep terry bola greased up.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 07:04 PM)Benton Wrote: Soooo... if we win, does that make us the bad guys?

We already are in most peoples minds. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 07:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's what I was thinking. Of course the nation is going to want the NY team (playing in NY) on 9/11 to win.

Actually, the Diamondbacks are the biggest villains.

Remember, they beat the Yankees in the World Series just two months after 9/11. Not only that, they scored the winning runs in the 9th to do so off the best reliever of all time.

(Also, the Giants (and Jets) play in New Jersey. We always said that New Jersey has two football teams while New York has one).
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 09:12 PM)pally Wrote: #Bengals
a NYJ (9/11) in NY on 9/11
a PIT of course, at Pitt with no Burfict
v DEN Defending SB champs, but at least we're at home
v MIA* I believe Miami has beat us in 3 straight, plus it's prime-time
a DAL tough road game if Romo is healthy
a NE @Patriots? Nuff said
v CLE
v WAS (London) "home" game
BYE
a NYG* 
v BUF
a BAL
v PHL
a CLE
v PIT*
a HOU*
v BAL
*primetime

Those first 8-9 games look pretty brutal to me. Especially the first 6.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 06:13 PM)pally Wrote: First official leak....so we go to New York on the 15th anniersary of 9/11.  That will be an interesting game.  No word on time  but would not be surprised if it is Sunday night

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/04/nfl_schedule_2016_jets_to_open_season_sept_11_vs_c.html

Should be a close low scoring game with these Defenses.

A nice slugfest to honor the fallen.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 08:24 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: We still have a very strong defense even without Burfict. They may not have to play Burfict, but they have to play Atkins, Dunlap, Iloka, Jones, Dansby, Rey, etc. etc.
I didn't say that we were gonna lose. The team is still damn good. It's the double standard that has me angry. Hell, there's a reasonable chance that Burfict doesn't even get to face Pitt this season and that's exactly how Goodell and his peeps wanted it. By week fifteen everyone is usually injured or dinged up.
(04-15-2016, 12:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Those first 8-9 games look pretty brutal to me. Especially the first 6.
Brutal!! It will be very difficult for Cincy to make the playoffs in 2016. 
The NFL's quest to continually punishing our team and fan base is obvious in this schedule.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 01:53 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I didn't say that we were gonna lose. The team is still damn good. It's the double standard that has me angry. Hell, there's a reasonable chance that Burfict doesn't even get to face Pitt this season and that's exactly how Goodell and his peeps wanted it. By week fifteen everyone is usually injured or dinged up.
Brutal!! It will be very difficult for Cincy to make the playoffs in 2016. 
The NFL's quest to continually punishing our team and fan base is obvious in this schedule.

Try, try as they might we will improve and win 13 games this season and have a first round bye.

Who knows if we win after that but we just win in the regular season and have improved every year with so called tougher schedules.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 01:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Try, try as they might we will improve and win 13 games this season and have a first round bye.

Who knows if we win after that but we just win in the regular season and have improved every year with so called tougher schedules.

I truly hope so! They have done their utmost best to bury us in the first half. They may as well have just thrown in NE for giggles. 
I don't doubt for one second that they considered doing that either. I mean we already play in the league's toughest division may as well throw us against all the other 2015 AFC Division Champs all in the first eight games.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 02:11 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I truly hope so! They have done their utmost best to bury us in the first half. They may as well have just thrown in NE for giggles. 
I don't doubt for one second that they considered doing that either. I mean we already play in the league's toughest division may as well throw us against all the other 2015 AFC Division Champs all in the first eight games.  Sarcasm

Might as well. We are still the best of the bunch when healthy IMHO.

As they say gotta beat the best to win it all. I just hope we start to show up on the big stage once we get there.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 07:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's what I was thinking. Of course the nation is going to want the NY team (playing in NY) on 9/11 to win.

Hope Bengals finally become the real villains to the NFL and win the whole thing for a change and then we will really throw a wrench in their plans.

Or hey, at least win a playoff game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 01:08 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Exactly, the NFL and Goodell are a bunch of Steeler loving *****!! Pisses me off BIGTIME!! Giving us two of the AFC's top teams in the first 3 weeks. Don't be fooled this is gonna really screw with our playoff seeding again. What a bunch of scared ass, kick us while we're down bullshit!! Smack Smack Wanna smack the piss out of Goodell right now.

This is funny... Pittsburgh is the only good team we play in the first 5 weeks of the season.....
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2016, 02:11 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I truly hope so! They have done their utmost best to bury us in the first half. They may as well have just thrown in NE for giggles. 

Do you not watch Football? it has been this way for years.....  you already know who you are playing even before the season is over.... Next year we get to play in Green Bay are you gonna start crying about that! We have known for months who and where we were playing....
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2016, 06:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Hope Bengals finally become the real villains to the NFL and win the whole thing for a change  and then we will really throw a wrench in their plans.

Or hey, at least win a playoff game.

I think if they can finally clear that mental hurdle of winning a playoff game, they'll go on a tear and maybe win the whole thing.

They just have to get that first one for confidence.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 08:23 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Other leaks (not confirmed)

Bengals at Houston on Christmas Eve in Primetime (Saturday night 12/24)

If this is true that would be kick ass. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty happy about this. Living in Connecticut I don't get many chances to see the bengals play. This year 2 games in NY and 1 in Boston. I'm not going to get to see them this many times again for a long time.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2016, 07:04 PM)Benton Wrote: Soooo... if we win, does that make us the bad guys?

No, it we lose, that makes the NFL the bad guys, because the Jets will need a ton of help to beat the Bengals.  
Reply/Quote