Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's your thoughts on the site Cincy jungle
I'm always given a bad taste in my mouth with the way the site loads up, asking me to participate in some random survey.

The site has decent articles and thankfully some folks around here post the good ones, so I find no need to go to that site unless directed to.
Reply/Quote
Mobile only.
Read the articles.
Never post.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Used to post there sometimes, but their comment section is homer city. I like the fact that most people here are pretty honest about the team, good or bad.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
When you say read the articles, you mean the stuff I (we) write and/or tweet and aggregate for their own purposes? :-)

I know it's the model, so I don't knock the folks who work there.

I wish I could tell a couple of my favorite CJ stories from inside the locker room, but this is the internet after all: Put it this way, such sites are not viewed very kindly by everyone.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 09:06 PM)jowczarski Wrote: When you say read the articles, you mean the stuff I (we) write and/or tweet and aggregate for their own purposes? :-)

I wish I could tell a couple of my favorite CJ stories from inside the locker room, but this is the internet after all: Put it this way, such sites are not viewed very kindly by everyone.

Biters with basic markup that couldn't tell an AP style guide from a hole in the ground. 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 09:06 PM)jowczarski Wrote: When you say read the articles, you mean the stuff I (we) write and/or tweet and aggregate for their own purposes? :-)

I think people are more reflecting on the comment section than the content.

You and others do great work...  of course you're not going to please everyone. (That's life)

I've actually seen some pretty good content from CJ. 

Not full on homer writing/reporting like Bengals.com.

That is much appreciated !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I have about 10 minutes in the AM before I start my day to read up on Bengals news. CJ is my go to website. I don't think there is a better overall website. I rarely read the comments. Homerism is fine but realists need not apply.

Any recommendations for other Bengals news websites besides Bengals.com?

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 08:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Used to post there sometimes, but their comment section is homer city. I like the fact that most people here are pretty honest about the team, good or bad.

Man,I got that too,I'm not Mr optimistic positive about everything, that's another reason I got in a argument the first time,the guy said I'm no fan and I was putting down the fans,the team and the city and I should just leave. Because I said most fans are stupid Lol, I'm sorry it's the truth,they are blindly optimistic all the ttime about everything, I should know,I've done a Bengals group on Facebook since Andy Dalton was drafted,I've heard tons of fans.
Reply/Quote
I like the articles and news they put out I'm glad I can still get that but I used to read the comment section. And I thought I got a lot of informative stuff. But when I tried getting involved,they was rude and like a clique. They could get away with certain words, smart ass remarks, telling people to leave the site,and whatever else,but me I got a warning for petty stuff,and I couldn't help mmyself from name calling the final time,that's how offended I was over their remarks.I just think it's messed up some people can get away with stuff but me nope.
Reply/Quote
Oh I was just reminded why I got my second warning,for saying something was asinine. But they could call what I was saying idiotic and phychotic
Reply/Quote

No doubt. CJ is to the Bengals what PFT is to the NFL in general. Very little original content. 

They just take articles from all over and centralize them so that the reader doesn't have to look around.

Not really fair to you guys at all, but I guess that's just how things are now.

Man, I'd love to know who in the locker room isn't a CJ fan, but I know you can't say. I'm betting ol' Hobspin isn't a fan considering it takes traffic away from bengals.com.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
regurgitation of others articles as i think jim was saying.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No doubt. CJ is to the Bengals what PFT is to the NFL in general. Very little original content. 

They just take articles from all over and centralize them so that the reader doesn't have to look around.

Man, I'd love to know who in the locker room isn't a CJ fan, but I know you can't say. I'm betting ol' Hobspin isn't a fan considering it takes traffic away from bengals.com.

I would sure prefer it if PFT had even less original content...

Theirs is almost exclusively legal crap, law breaking crap, and the guaranteed worst opinions around. If I see it's a Florio article, and it starts stating opinion, I just close it because I know it's not worth my time. Good amount of it is probably clickbaiting.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Its a blogger site ran by bloggers.

I much prefer to use my tweeter following Hobs, Bengals, NFL, ESPN & other official sports reporters following the Bengals to get my Bengal news. Not to mention Bengals.com & Cinci.com as well for their articles, but more for facts not as much as for their opinions. Only opinions I like to listen to are the ones that have an insider angle.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 11:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I would sure prefer it if PFT had even less original content...

Theirs is almost exclusively legal crap, law breaking crap, and the guaranteed worst opinions around. If I see it's a Florio article, and it starts stating opinion, I just close it because I know it's not worth my time. Good amount of it is probably clickbaiting.

Amen to that. I was checking PFT almost daily back in 2008 (before they sold out to NBC) and they weren't quite as bad back then. Over the last several years, they've turned into the TMZ of the NFL. Click bait headlines, the crusade against the Redskins, hundreds of articles about irrelevant players like Tebow/Michael Sam/Manziel, etc, and of course, Florio looking for any excuse to show off his legal degree. Over the last year, it's been deflategate. 

The worst thing IMO is that Florio always picks a side or throws shots. Nobody cares what that dude thinks. They're there for the news, not Florio's wisdom.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No doubt. CJ is to the Bengals what PFT is to the NFL in general. Very little original content. 

I'm pretty sure it's either Burfict or Pacman who doesn't like CJ. They had some article/blog about one of them being unpopular. Then the player quoted it on Twitter and said he couldn't believe what a joke they were.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Yep, the comment section is pretty bad, and most of the articles their are retread news pieces from other sites. The other SBNation NFL sites actually have good content that is more breakdown and analytical centric, and I wish that CJ was more like them.

Which is why I'm their new writer and plan on bringing that type of content there. 

follow @john__sheeran for future content.
Reply/Quote
I use CincyJungle for what it is. It's easy enough to separate the wheat from the chaff. There's good stuff there, along with a whole lot of bad stuff.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 09:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think people are more reflecting on the comment section than the content.

You and others do great work...  of course you're not going to please everyone. (That's life)

I've actually seen some pretty good content from CJ. 

Not full on homer writing/reporting like Bengals.com.

That is much appreciated !

Not to mention they have more ADs AND not letting me view after reading so many articles (for the enquirer). It's like they want me to go to other sites for my news.

And like many others, I don't comment. I did a few times last year and it sucked. I do like the hockey portion (Blue Jackets) of the SB Nation. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
jeremydc - how about us at cincinnati.com? :-)
Millhouse - you may like our podcast. Facts, opinion -- and trust me, we're about as insider with the team without bias as you're going to get.
Shake N Blake - :-) I can't say. But the other posters alluded to it. In general, players know when they play poorly. They may not like getting called out for it, but they respect it. Thing is, when we do it we see them the next day. They don't like shots from the couch.
Hoofhearted - no, we'd like you to subscribe! It's cheap and we like having a job! ;-) But, download the Bengals app to your phone or tablet. It's free.

As for Hobs and Bengals.com -- it's the team site. Of course there's a bent toward the team. Believe it or not, Geoff is probably the most "down the middle" team reporter in the league. That said, if you want Bengals news truly unvarnished, we're the best at it. Yes, I'll pat myself/PDJ on the back there.

Now, "you" (the royal you) may not agree with us, but please trust me when I say that everything I say has something behind it --- either from what players/front office/agents have told me, to what I've seen.

I know the 'fan sites' that write on top of what we publish say they're the truth and not beholden to anyone ... well, we're only beholden to our journalistic standards. And we get the access. Sometimes just "going hard" on guys / coaches feeds the beast but isn't really accurate. So that's why you haven't really seen me "go off" if you will because let's face it, the team was 10-2 before Andy went down. Defense was near the top in the league when 55 came back. It was pretty hard to "go hard" on a team that frankly was a SB contender. Yes there are things to pick at of course, but I try to keep that stuff in perspective.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote