Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what's your thoughts on the site Cincy jungle
(06-03-2016, 10:54 AM)jowczarski Wrote: jeremydc - how about us at cincinnati.com? :-)
Millhouse - you may like our podcast. Facts, opinion -- and trust me, we're about as insider with the team without bias as you're going to get.
Shake N Blake - :-) I can't say. But the other posters alluded to it. In general, players know when they play poorly. They may not like getting called out for it, but they respect it. Thing is, when we do it we see them the next day. They don't like shots from the couch.
Hoofhearted - no, we'd like you to subscribe! It's cheap and we like having a job! ;-) But, download the Bengals app to your phone or tablet. It's free.

As for Hobs and Bengals.com -- it's the team site. Of course there's a bent toward the team. Believe it or not, Geoff is probably the most "down the middle" team reporter in the league. That said, if you want Bengals news truly unvarnished, we're the best at it. Yes, I'll pat myself/PDJ on the back there.

Now, "you" (the royal you) may not agree with us, but please trust me when I say that everything I say has something behind it --- either from what players/front office/agents have told me, to what I've seen.

I know the 'fan sites' that write on top of what we publish say they're the truth and not beholden to anyone ... well, we're only beholden to our journalistic standards. And we get the access. Sometimes just "going hard" on guys / coaches feeds the beast but isn't really accurate. So that's why you haven't really seen me "go off" if you will because let's face it, the team was 10-2 before Andy went down. Defense was near the top in the league when 55 came back. It was pretty hard to "go hard" on a team that frankly was a SB contender. Yes there are things to pick at of course, but I try to keep that stuff in perspective.

You're in danger of becoming my favorite beat writer of all time.  I appreciate your honesty and balanced perspective.  Love it that you have taken the time to frequent the boards - they're a great bunch and I love the insider take - as close to insider as we're going to get.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 10:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No doubt. CJ is to the Bengals what PFT is to the NFL in general. Very little original content. 

They just take articles from all over and centralize them so that the reader doesn't have to look around.

Not really fair to you guys at all, but I guess that's just how things are now.

Man, I'd love to know who in the locker room isn't a CJ fan, but I know you can't say. I'm betting ol' Hobspin isn't a fan considering it takes traffic away from bengals.com.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "original".

Jim and other reporters have access that everyday bloggers lack. I don't see how anyone can have issues with bloggers citing actual reporter's articles as long as they give credit when it's due.

I admit the quality from Cincy Jungle can be a bit off at times. If I actually took the time to edit my posts, I could write circles around that staff.

Also, the player is Vontaze Burfict without a doubt. He blocked Rebecca Toback from his twitter account, yet she was still the first to report his twitter fight with Deangelo Williams.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2016, 04:26 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I go on there sometimes. Like others, I'll read the articles, but I don't comment.

They love you on CBS though.
(assuming that's you)
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 10:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: They love you on CBS though.
(assuming that's you)

Ha. I've noticed "Bengal Dude" over on CBS.

Don't laugh, but my name on there is "OchoSinco#85".

Yes I misspelled Cinco, but in my defense, I picked that name in 2007. When Chad called himself that but hadn't made the nameplate or name change yet. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 10:54 AM)jowczarski Wrote: jeremydc - how about us at cincinnati.com? :-)

I'll check it out. Thanks ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 10:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: They love you on CBS though.
(assuming that's you)

That isn't me. Although I'm not surprised there's someone else with that name. There were multiple Bengal Dude's on the mothership.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 11:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ha. I've noticed "Bengal Dude" over on CBS.

Don't laugh, but my name on there is "OchoSinco#85".

Yes I misspelled Cinco, but in my defense, I picked that name in 2007. When Chad called himself that but hadn't made the nameplate or name change yet. 

I'll be on the lookout for you.

(06-06-2016, 04:18 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: That isn't me. Although I'm not surprised there's someone else with that name. There were multiple Bengal Dude's on the mothership.

No problem.
I'll stop defending that guy then.
LOL
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 09:10 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I guess it depends on what you mean by "original".

Jim and other reporters have access that everyday bloggers lack. I don't see how anyone can have issues with bloggers citing actual reporter's articles as long as they give credit when it's due.

I admit the quality from Cincy Jungle can be a bit off at times. If I actually took the time to edit my posts, I could write circles around that staff.

Also, the player is Vontaze Burfict without a doubt. He blocked Rebecca Toback from his twitter account, yet she was still the first to report his twitter fight with Deangelo Williams.

Haha serves her right.Im pretty sure shes the one Who blocked me on cincy jungle,shes was always on there.
Reply/Quote