Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what the hell...
was Zimmer thinking?? 3rd and 10 with 13 seconds left and no timeouts, in field goal range, and he decides to run a pass play from the pocket??

Dumb

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 01:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: was Zimmer thinking?? 3rd and 10 with 13 seconds left and no timeouts, in field goal range, and he decides to run a pass play from the pocket??

Dumb

Couldn't believe they didn't go ahead and kick field goal on 3rd down.  With that amount of time left there's just nothing there for error.
Reply/Quote
I think it would have been a 49 yard FG if they just would have kicked it. I think this might fall under the grounds where it would have been brilliant had they gained some yards, but it's stupid because they blew it.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'm surprised he chanced it.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 02:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think it would have been a 49 yard FG if they just would have kicked it.  I think this might fall under the grounds where it would have been brilliant had they gained some yards, but it's stupid because they blew it.

Nope, it doesn't

All things considered it was a bonehead move.

1. Playing one of the top D's in the NFL 
2. No time out
3. Ummmm Defense knows where ball has to go and see #1
4. Rookie QB
5. Receiver has to get out of bounds or games over
6. Can't take a sack
7. The dumbest thing was calling 5 step drop slower developing play - stupid !

You kick the FG right there on 3rd down
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 01:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: was Zimmer thinking?? 3rd and 10 with 13 seconds left and no timeouts, in field goal range, and he decides to run a pass play from the pocket??

Dumb

I think Zimmer doesnt call offensive plays lol
Reply/Quote
I didn't watch the game, but I saw replays on Mike and Mike in the morning.

Question: Could the play selection been because they had to call something in to Bridgewater quickly? I'm asking because it doesn't seem like they have many (any?) plays that aren't at least 5 step drops. If that's the case, that's some bad coaching. Even if Bridgewater is a 5-10 step kind of player, you've still got to have a couple plays handy for those 2-minute situations.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 10:06 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Nope, it doesn't

All things considered it was a bonehead move.

1. Playing one of the top D's in the NFL 
2. No time out
3. Ummmm Defense knows where ball has to go and see #1
4. Rookie QB
5. Receiver has to get out of bounds or games over
6. Can't take a sack
7. The dumbest thing was calling 5 step drop slower developing play - stupid !

You kick the FG right there on 3rd down

Yup - the rookie QB.

If you HAVE to try a pass on that play, roll out and throw it in the endzone or out of bounds then kick.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2015, 10:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think Zimmer doesnt call offensive plays lol

He makes the decisions. If i'm coach, i'm making sure the OC and QB know exactly what i want.

Reply/Quote
48 yard field goals are automatic!

Sincerely,
Scott Norwood
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: 48 yard field goals are automatic!

Sincerely,
Scott Norwood

So is losing a game on a strip sack during a straight drop back. 

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2015, 02:19 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So is losing a game on a strip sack during a straight drop back. 

I hear ya, having your QB drop back and attempt a pass is pretty much the first step towards losing in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 03:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, having your QB drop back and attempt a pass is pretty much the first step towards losing in the NFL.

So, i'm guessing with a silly remark like this, you also think the risk/reward between a drop back and a field goal is the same, in that situation?

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2015, 10:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, i'm guessing with a silly remark like this, you also think the risk/reward between a drop back and a field goal is the same, in that situation?

All I know is this week the Bears missed a 50 yarder to tie the game and experts are all wondering why they didn't try to get closer before attempting the kick.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2015, 03:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All I know is this week the Bears missed a 50 yarder to tie the game and experts are all wondering why they didn't try to get closer before attempting the kick.

I don't really have a problem with them trying to get closer. With a guy like Bridgewater, they could have rolled him out and if nothing was there, he could have thrown it away and then attempt the kick.

I just thought it was supremely dumb to drop straight back and attempt a pass. Especially since they could not complete a pass in bounds. 

Reply/Quote