Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
whats the difference b/t the two...???
(08-08-2018, 10:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I have a buddy who is the same height and weight as Albert Einstein was. So I guess they're the same person, right?

Yes.  According to the OP, they MUST have the same IQ's.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:34 PM)Sweetness Wrote: The same thing that makes all 6'8 people not Lebron James. Wtf kind of thread/question is this?

I was thinking the same thing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 10:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, I can agree with this. Night and day (Dey) with the different coaching style. Don’t wish nothing but luck for Bodine, but unfortunately, he was a victim and would probably have a better chance somewhere else.

Seemed like he took to the technique change at the end of the season.  Would not be surprised if he did OK in Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 02:19 AM)Shady Wrote: Read on the Bills' site that Jethro isn't exactly winning the battle for starting Center in Buffalo. He just sucks.  Hilarious

There goes my latest insight  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Sure. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:31 PM)Steve Wrote: most on here just love Price.... :hail:
I have a question.....

Price is 6' 4" & 305 lbs....

isn't that exactly what Bodine measured & weighed...?

so what's the difference.…?

how can Price be so much better than Bodine....??

just get the feeling many on here see Price as a pure stud who will dominate.....but Bodine was a worthless POS....

i'd just like some opinions.....
& maybe offer up a reality check.... Coffee
technique... and Football IQ
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: technique... and Football IQ

But...but...they're the same size!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 04:16 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: But...but...they're the same size!   Hilarious

But its how you use it...
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 10:51 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yes.  According to the OP, they MUST have the same IQ
brains are different....but I guess you wouldn't know this...
Reply/Quote
I would say the biggest difference is that Price is better
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 08:06 PM)Steve Wrote: brains are different....but I guess you wouldn't know this...

You bring up the fact that Price and Bodine are pretty much the same size.  However, what you failed to recognize is that Price is more lower body oriented, has great drive.  Whereas with Bodine, his strength was more upper body related, which doesn't translate to moving large men off of the ball.

In other words, you'd better keep Billy Price covered at the line.  Otherwise, he's going to destroy your LB, and perhaps the first Safety that happens to be in the box.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We don't know for certain that Price will be anything other than just another center. Some of you are likely going by the Bengal hype machine otherwise known as Geoff Hobson who isn't the worst writer in the world, but isn't the best either .
The real test will be in real games against real football teams and we really won't know a whole lot until he's played a few solid seasons instead of a handful of preseason games against other teams scrubs. 
I like the kid and think he'll be pretty darn good,  but in no way am I ready to annoint him as the smartest, bestest center the Bengals have ever had yet. Those things have to be proven on the field against the best defensive players in the league. No player becomes the greatest player just because the guy before him wasn't up to the task.. it may even take a season or so before Price can rank up in the top 32 active centers in the game. As of today he's essentially an unknown commodity which is neither good nor bad, just unknown   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 08:06 PM)Steve Wrote: brains are different....but I guess you wouldn't know this...

You're cracking me up.  Stop it!   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:52 PM)Steve Wrote: seems coaching wouldn't be that much different....

color me, not convinced of a big difference at this point....
as of now.....i'm guessing he's going to be exactly like Bodine....
no difference... Cry

Coaching isn't close to being the same.

One guy wants to kill you, the other is happy with a paycheck.

If you really are this clueless, then I just wasted the two previous sentences.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:52 PM)Steve Wrote: if you say so.....
but....
idk...???
seems they're so much alike physically....
& there job is basicly to block, open holes, & protect the QB.....

seems coaching wouldn't be that much different....

color me, not convinced of a big difference at this point....
as of now.....i'm guessing he's going to be exactly like Bodine....
no difference... Cry

So let me get this straight. You're saying every human on the planet that's Anthony Munoz's size, or close, should be able to block just like Anthony Munoz ? Everybody that's similar size has equal ability, ummmmmm no

Could Price flop and be a total failure ? sure 

Is said flop based on physical size ? nope
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 08:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You bring up the fact that Price and Bodine are pretty much the same size.  However, what you failed to recognize is that Price is more lower body oriented, has great drive.  Whereas with Bodine, his strength was more upper body related, which doesn't translate to moving large men off of the ball.

In other words, you'd better keep Billy Price covered at the line.  Otherwise, he's going to destroy your LB, and perhaps the first Safety that happens to be in the box.

Beat me to it, Bodine just does not have enough ass in his pants to anchor down or drive. 

Probably the reason why one was the 21st pick in the draft and one was the 111th. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
How about skill set? Me n my good buddy are identical in size 511 210. But I dominate him in every sport we play. This might be the stupidest thread of the year.
Reply/Quote
Height:
6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
Weight:
225 lb (102 kg)

Tom Brady, Sam Darnold...same dif, right?
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 05:42 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: How about skill set?   Me n my good buddy are identical in size 511 210.  But I dominate him in every sport we play.  This might be the stupidest thread of the year.

I second that.
Reply/Quote

Coach wants to see you......... bring your playbook!!!!
Reply/Quote