Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
whats the difference b/t the two...???
(08-09-2018, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Coach wants to see you......... bring your playbook!!!!

funny post...

but I think it just shows you, & many on here are pure HOMERS....
can't say anything bad about anyone from Oh state...

I hope Price does well.....
but, I am not sold by a long shot....
week 1 he couldn't even snap the ball.... Cry Shocked
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 09:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So let me get this straight. You're saying every human on the planet that's Anthony Munoz's size, or close, should be able to block just like Anthony Munoz ? Everybody that's similar size has equal ability, ummmmmm no

Could Price flop and be a total failure ? sure 

Is said flop based on physical size ? nope

I never mentioned A.M.
I am talking about Bodine vs. Price...
6'4"s 305
vs.
6'4"s 305
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 08:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You bring up the fact that Price and Bodine are pretty much the same size.  However, what you failed to recognize is that Price is more lower body oriented, has great drive.  Whereas with Bodine, his strength was more upper body related, which doesn't translate to moving large men off of the ball.

In other words, you'd better keep Billy Price covered at the line.  Otherwise, he's going to destroy your LB, and perhaps the first Safety that happens to be in the box.

that's probably the best observation that I've heard to support this theory that Price will greatly outperform Bodine b/c of something other than he's not Bodine....

we shall see very quickly....
I hope i'm wrong....
i'm just not sold, & am playing devils advocate to some extent...
want to get you all on record as to your views on this topic...
Reply/Quote
Steve, on one hand I agree that we need to wait and see on Price.

But, on the other hand, when you try to judge players just based on height and weight it makes you look pretty stupid.

According to all draft analysts Price is a much better prospect than Bodine. And they do not base their opinions just on height and weight.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 06:39 PM)Steve Wrote: funny post...

but I think it just shows you, & many on here are pure HOMERS....
can't say anything bad about anyone from Oh state...

I hope Price does well.....
but, I am not sold by a long shot....
week 1 he couldn't even snap the ball.... Cry Shocked

I think you're missing the obvious point everyone is making. It's really dumb to say two people of the same size and weight are going to play the same just because they're the same size and weight. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I think Price showed the difference tonight. He held the point, did not get shoved back, blocked the right man and even pulled very well. And all his snaps were good.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 02:40 AM)Joelist Wrote: I think Price showed the difference tonight. He held the point, did not get shoved back, blocked the right man and even pulled very well. And all his snaps were good.

This 

Have a hard time believing they are same height and weight, thought Price looked thicker and more solid. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Price played well tonight, and it was nice to see our center not getting knocked back into Dalton's lap. Makes a big difference.

Price has superior quickness, excellent basic athletic coordination which enables him to quickly adjust to his opponent, vision to see the defense and understand what he needs to do. All these qualities, and others we could name, enable one player to perform better than another player of the same size. I realize most of us know that.

Price won't be perfect, of course, and he'll get beat sometimes. And it's dangerous to base too much on one preseason game. But hey, at least for tonight, it looks like we'll be making a great leap forward in the middle of the line.

Now, if we can just get Westererman in for Hopkins .....
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2018, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think you're missing the obvious point everyone is making. It's really dumb to say two people of the same size and weight are going to play the same just because they're the same size and weight. 

I never said "they would play the same"...

I said,
 I just don't think we will see a Big difference in their play...

on a scale of 1 to 100
Bodine won't be a 50 & Price a 95....

as it seems many think...
& what I said wasn't dumb..... Smack
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:25 PM)Steve Wrote: I never said "they would play the same"...

I said,

on a scale of 1 to 100

& what I said wasn't dumb..... Smack

You're still not getting it. To state that both are the same size, and then wonder what will be so much different, when they're the same size, is a super silly question to pose. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:25 PM)Steve Wrote: I said,

on a scale of 1 to 100

Actually, Price seemed to anchor quite well, against a fairly aggressive DL.  

I'd say that's a pretty big difference.

Not to mention, the "bad snap" issues seem to have went away.

Now, I realize that you started this thread, in light of al the snap issues that we kept hearing about in practice.  Now, that he's had his first live action, how do you feel about Billy Price?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 11:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, Price seemed to anchor quite well, against a fairly aggressive DL.  

I'd say that's a pretty big difference.

Not to mention, the "bad snap" issues seem to have went away.

Now, I realize that you started this thread, in light of al the snap issues that we kept hearing about in practice.  Now, that he's had his first live action, how do you feel about Billy Price?

didn't hear his name called much....
& that's usually a good thing....
i'd grade his 1st preseason game as an "A"...
Clapping
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 10:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're still not getting it. To state that both are the same size, and then wonder what will be so much different, when they're the same size, is a super silly question to pose. 

your words are like birds that circle.....
but never land....
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:31 PM)Steve Wrote: most on here just love Price.... :hail:
I have a question.....

Price is 6' 4" & 305 lbs....

isn't that exactly what Bodine measured & weighed...?

so what's the difference.…?

how can Price be so much better than Bodine....??

just get the feeling many on here see Price as a pure stud who will dominate.....but Bodine was a worthless POS....

i'd just like some opinions.....
& maybe offer up a reality check.... Coffee

Calvin Johnson: 6'5, 237lbs
Mario Urrutia: 6'6, 238lbs

Tony Gonzalez: 6'5, 247lbs
Chase Coffman: 6'6, 250lbs

Jamaal Charles: 5'11, 199lbs
Bernard Scott: 5'10, 195lbs

Almost like having similar size has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the player. (And I am not even really sold on Price yet, but I still think this thread is pretty weak.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
when Bodine was drafted out of UNC
he known as tenacious. in fact i think his rookie year may have been his best.
but Alexander at some point removed all the aggression
out of the oline..instead of having them go out and be primal and destroy he had them overthink and react...not be PROACTIVE.
Price is being coached up to seek and destroy. move them before they move you.
Reply/Quote
Simply put Bodine was the worst Center in football both of the last two seasons, and before that was not much better. All Price has to do to be a massive improvement is be competent at the things a Center needs to do.
Reply/Quote
Steve, I mean this with all sincerity; Is English your native language? I feel like you're struggling to understand what alot of people are trying to say and it seems like a lot of people (or at least me) are struggling to understand a heck of a whole lot of what you're trying to say.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 11:09 PM)Steve Wrote: your words are like birds that circle.....
but never land....

Your thoughts are like birds that circle...
but never land...

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 08:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Your thoughts are like birds that circle...
but never land...

Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Billy was one of the best Guards in the country for his first three years at OSU, two time All American, all Big Ten, and won the Remington Award as the best Center in the country only playing it his Senior Season. Again all of those accolades do not always translate from college to the League, but I will bet on those guys playing on big time programs like that all day.

What makes Mr. Price so special, Technique is exceptional, Football IQ is high, proven Leader, and my favorite is he has that High Motor/Mean streak. Its not just about size.

Will it take him a year or two to get adjusted to the NFL, absolutely.

Will he make mistakes, of course.

My opinion though is he will only get better, as you saw Bodine stay at awful.

I know I am excited about actually having a hope at the Center position for the first time in 25+ years for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote